Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Anyone know what that voice translating app is? Is it just Google Translator? I use the written one all the time in my laptop browser. I didn't know there was such a thing as a voice activated translation app. Forget the guy. I'm in love with the app! 😍

Anyone know what that voice translating app is? Is it just Google Translator? I use the written one all the time in my laptop browser. I didn't know there was such a thing as a voice activated translation app. Forget the guy. I'm in love with the app! 😍
Yes, Google Translate. We've used it on our trips to China as well as to Canada (Quebec).

Ha Ha, is that real? I figured it was fake for the movie. Pretty cool if real!!

Ha Ha, is that real? I figured it was fake for the movie. Pretty cool if real!!

One of the reasons I thought it might be real and the Google Translate tool is because a coworker gave me a ride home several months ago. She had this really great GPS app on her phone. Very precise, high tech, the map looked great and really indicated where we were in real time, no lags. It narrated the trip, yet didn't chatter incessantly, telling us to turn right - into the river. And when the driver took a different route, it recalculated, instead of yelling at her that she wasn't turning where she should.

I don't have a car. I wanted that app/tool for when I do rent a car. Yet, I thought it would be a $200 app. She told me it was plain ole' Google Maps for free. Somehow on her phone she was able to turn on the voice part. So, I thought Google Translate might have the same voice feature too. :scratchin

I just watched earlier today the Haunted Harmony Mysteries and really liked it, I enjoy it when they go to far flung places. This one of the more Irish focused movies felt like they had more local less actor-y feel and it came off very natural.

I'm not always a fan of Tia or Tamera movies even though I like them both sometimes they just fall flat to me. This one did not.

Another movie that is Ireland focused is Finding You that is on Prime, there were of course some corny parts to it but overall I really enjoyed it, it does however have some sad parts to it so just know that while there are romance aspect to it there's also sad parts in there. I found the other characters in the film to be endearing and some parts gave me Derry Girl vibes which should make sense because one of the main actresses in that show also is a side character in Finding You.

If you are going to get the Frndly-TV app to watch the Hallmark channels, and/or the Great American Family channel or Lifetime, the app also includes UPtv and BYU-TV (which is Brigham Young University's channel for Mormon/Family friendly content.)

Here are their Christmas schedules. (It still may not be the full list, and subject to change.)

UPtv

• We’re Scrooged (holiday movie starring Tamara Duarte, Andrew Bushell, Nykeem Provo and Sergio Di Zio; directed by Amy Force; written by Jennifer Snow; High school sweethearts who meet again at their reunion and are visited by three ghosts that make them reconsider why they ever broke up; filmed in Newmarket, Ontario) - Nov. 5
  • Christmas Time Capsule (holiday movie starring Emily Alatalo, Franco Lo Presti and Lindura; directed by Marco Deufemia; written by Jennifer Snow; Two friends go on road trip to track down his grandmother’s ring in order to propose, but the besties find themselves drawn to each other instead; filmed in Barrie, Ontario) - Nov. 12
  • Country Hearts Christmas (holiday movie sequel to Country Hearts, starring Chris Jericho, Lanie McAuley, Katerina Maria, Brendan Morgan, Jeff Irving, Craig Strickland, David Pinard, Michelle Nolden, Genevieve Fisher, Roy Lewis, Lara Amersey, Greg Ellwand, Bebsabe Duque, Celine Bauwmans and Neil Whitely; directed by Marco Deufemia and Amy Force; written by Jennifer Snow; The daughters of a country star try to find their own place in the world; filmed in Toronto) - Nov. 19
  • Mistletoe Connection (holiday movie Jessica Sipos and Markian Tarasiuk; directed by David Strasser; Shop Around the Corner pastiche, with a local shop owner falling for a handsome stranger she doesn’t know is the developer trying to ruin her town) - Nov. 26
  • A Christmas Homecoming (holiday music special hosted by Bill Gaither and featuring Josh Turner and the Gaither Vocal Band) - Dec. 2
  • Yuletide the Knot (holiday movie starring Mary Antonini, Peter Porte, Kelley Jakle, Melissa Peterman and Kelsey Scott; directed by Nanea Miyata; written by Daniel Mahler Landman; A wedding planner hired to organize an influencer’s holiday wedding finds herself unexpectedly having to work her ex to get the job done; filmed in Colorado) - Dec. 3
  • Christmas at the Amish Bakery (holiday movie starring Sean Koetting, Alexandra Harris, Francesca Barker McCormick and Mischa Hutchings; directed by Jeff Hare; written by Jennifer Snow; A woman who grew up in Amish country but is now an editor in New York, reluctantly returns home to assemble a cookbook; filmed in Somerset, Kentucky) - Dec. 10
  • Dial S for Santa (holiday movie starring Sarah Dugdale, Julian Haig and Lynda Boyd; directed by David Strasser; An investigator visiting her sister and nephew for the holidays finds herself trying to help the local police solve a string of robberies) - Dec. 17
  • A Christmas Letter (holiday family movie starring David Lipper, Glenda Bragzana, Jorja Cadence, Enrico Colantoni, Roger Cross and Colin Mochrie; directed by Brian Roberts; A little girl’s letter to Santa is intercepted by two elves who bring chaos to her small town; filmed in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.; premiered in 2021 on CBC Gem, Canada, first time available in the U.S.) - Dec. 24

BYU TV

• Christmas with The Tabernacle Choir featuring Lea Salonga (edited holiday concert special, filmed in December 2022 featuring the famed Mormon choir featuring Tony Award winner and Disney Princess Lea Salonga) - Dec. TBA, will debut first on PBS.

I'm waiting for GAC to do the same on the dates. I went to the website today and noticed they added more of their movies for this year to their website, for a while they only had a few.

So far Hallmark is the only one that has their dates listed on their website but they are usually the first anyhow.

I'm still waiting for firm dates on the Lifetime lineup.......

I'm waiting for GAC to do the same on the dates. I went to the website today and noticed they added more of their movies for this year to their website, for a while they only had a few.

So far Hallmark is the only one that has their dates listed on their website but they are usually the first anyhow.

Lifetime isn't starting their Christmas movies until sometime in November. So the actual list may not be out for a while.

Hallmark and GAF are beginning on Oct 20.

This is supposedly the full list of the GAF movies and mini descriptions for this season. No air dates though.

https://people.com/great-american-family-2023-christmas-movies-exclusive-7970896

Lifetime isn't starting their Christmas movies until sometime in November. So the actual list may not be out for a while.

Hallmark and GAF are beginning on Oct 20.

This is supposedly the full list of the GAF movies and mini descriptions for this season. No air dates though.

https://people.com/great-american-family-2023-christmas-movies-exclusive-7970896
Yup I went to GAC's website today and even though they added more movies to their Christmas page they just don't have the dates yet. I did see one that said Thanksgiving weekend though but that was as descriptive as it got. I like to put it on my phone's calendar so I know what to record so I'm always chomping at the bit to get the dates lol. It is amazing just how much the calendar gets filled up with movies during the Christmas season.

I do think that I'm probably done with Ion, not sure I care enough to worry about finding out their dates their quality just isn't there enough.

I do think that I'm probably done with Ion, not sure I care enough to worry about finding out their dates their quality just isn't there enough.

Yes, I was done with them last season. The movies were so badly written and acted. :headache:

What about UPtv movies? Has anyone been watching their Christmas movies? I'm thinking of adding them on this year.

Yes, I was done with them last season. The movies were so badly written and acted. :headache:

What about UPtv movies? Has anyone been watching their Christmas movies? I'm thinking of adding them on this year.
I watch UP regularly but for the past few months haven't really had new movies, I think just now there's a few new ones being added. I can find some pretty good movies on there every so often.

For Christmas they are above Ion in quality IMO but quite a bit below Lifetime and Hallmark to me personally. Like it's harder to find one you'd like. So IMO if you record movies and have the space sure record some see how you like them, if you watch live and just have the time give it a shot, but I wouldn't go to great lengths to watch them.

**This is based on the years past for my opinion.

So far, we have watched and enjoyed the two National Park Mysteries, Great Smokey Mountain NP and Zion. We also enjoyed Mystery Island, and look forward to more!
Did you watch the Glacier National Park one? I haven't watched any of the National Parks-based movies but I do plan on watching them. The Glacier one came out I think it probably would have been Hallmark's Winterfest as the beginning of this year.

Glad you liked Mystery Island it looks good!

Whoops! Super late Reminder for tonight Friday, yet repeats on Sunday:

(I sort of remembered HM&M is premiering movies on Fridays now. :tilt:)

We are down to the LAST two weekends of "regular" movies for the year, before the Christmas movies start. 🎄

This is the latest installment of the Hannah Swensen mysteries.

Hannah Swensen Mysteries: A Zest for Death is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 10/8 at 7pm ET
Weds 10/11 at 7pm ET
Sat 10/14 at 9pm ET
Tues 10/17 at 5pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison and Barbara Niven.
Description: They say the real estate business is deadly, but no one is more surprised than Hannah Swensen when her mother, Delores, discovers the dead body of the homeowner – and regular customer of The Cookie Jar – while house-hunting for her sister Michelle. Hannah is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and is convinced that the prime suspect Mike and the Sheriff are focusing on isn’t the culprit.

Hannah’s sleuthing becomes a family affair when Delores, Michelle and even her sister Andrea – who pays an unexpected visit – take part in the investigation. As Hannah uncovers clues she slowly rules out suspects and is led to the shocking truth about the killer’s identity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter