• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

LATE Reminder for tonight, Saturday:

Retreat To You
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 9/24 at 7pm ET
Thur 9/28 at 8pm ET
Sun 10/1 at 1pm ET

Starring: Emilie Ullerup and Peter Mooney.
Description: Abby and Sean were best friends in high school until they had a falling out at their graduation party. Years later, when Abby’s friend Rachel brings her to a wilderness retreat, she is shocked to run into Sean. When they get separated from the group, will they find their way back to the campsite… or back into each other’s arms?

:teacher: I found a longer list of the Lifetime Christmas movies. It still may not be the full list, and subject to change.

Lifetime Christmas Movies 2023: 🎄
  • Yes! Chef Christmas (holiday movie starring Tia Mowry; directed by Maxwell McGuire; written by Carley Smale; An adoptee/chef is invited to enter a cooking contest by a mysterious benefactor where she clashes with a celebrity chef; filmed in Ottawa) - TBA
  • Merry Liddle Christmas Vacation (holiday sequel to 2019′s Merry Liddle Christmas, 2020′s Merry Liddle Christmas Wedding and 2021′s Merry Liddle Christmas Baby; starring Kelly Rowland, LaTonya Williams, Bresha Webb, Jaime M Callica, Nathan Witte, Thomas Cadrot and Debbi Morgan; written by Andrea Stevens and King Hassan; The Liddle family goes on a holiday vacation to celebrate Tyler and Jacquie’s birthday and their toddler twins birthdays; filmed in B.C.) - TBA
  • Royally Yours, This Christmas (holiday movie starring Cindy Sampson, Steve Byers, Holly De Barros, Bukola Ayoka, Michael S. Morrone and Darrin Baker; directed by Don McBrearty; written by Jessica L. Randall; A single mom is mistaken for a wealthy do-gooder and finds herself romanced by a royal; filmed in Toronto) - TBA
  • Christmas at the Chalet (holiday movie starring Teri Hatcher, William deVry, Dan Payne, Aleksandra Cross, Nick Preston, Mila Jones and Patti Allen; directed by Lucie Guest; filmed at the Big White Ski Resort in Kelowna, B.C.) - TBA
  • Gingersnap Christmas (holiday movie starring Desirée Ross, Jake Lockett, Natalie Buck, Réka Lukács and Obum Éji; directed by Julia Jay Pierrepont; written by Matt Lindenburg and Eva & Frank Myer; A grieving woman finds love and her Christmas spirit, while visiting her Caribbean grandmother for the holidays; filmed in L.A.) - TBA
  • The Holiday Proposal Plan (holiday movie starring Tatyana Ali, Jesse Kove, Whitney Able, Geovanni Gopradi, Tiffany Shepis and Whitney Able; written and directed by Jake Helgren; Exes reunite to plan a magical holiday engagement for their best friends; filmed in Big Bear Lake, Calif.) - TBA (Trailer)
  • Merry Magic Christmas (holiday movie starring Patricia Isaac, Andrew Dunbar and Mela Pietropalo; directed by Aubrey Arnason; filmed in B.C.) - TBA
  • Laughing all the Way (holiday movie starring Jake Epstein, Paniz Zade, Ish Morris and Mary Walsh; directed by Marita Grabiak; filmed in Ottawa) - TBA
  • Just Like a Christmas Movie (holiday movie starring Brad Harder, Marlie Collins, Brittany Mitchell and Nick Preston; Holiday romance parody; directed by Soran Mardookhi; filmed in Kelowna, B.C.) - TBA
  • Coupled Up for Christmas (holiday movie starring Marcus Rosner, Sara Canning, Megan Tracz, Jocelyn Chugg, Sue Huff and Ashlee Pearce; directed by Dylan Pearce; written by Erica Deutschman and Katy Breier; A pair of heartbroken friends pretend to date in order to make their true loves jealous; filmed in Edmonton, Alberta) - TBA
  • The Holiday Exchange (holiday movie starring Taylor Frey, Rick Cosnett, Samer Salem, Daniel Garcia, Blake Cooper Griffin, Joe Aaron Reid, Camila Banus, Nick Adams, Ashley Fink, Kyle Dean Massey and Kyle Richards; directed by Jake Helgren; written by Frey; A successful businessman enters into a holiday house swap and both he and the man he swapped with find new love; filmed in California) - TBA
  • Creating Christmas (holiday movie starring Greer Grammer, Jason Cermak and Briana Buckmaster; directed by Jason James; A children’s book author enlists an artistic teacher to help him out of a creative rut at Christmas; filmed in Vancouver, B.C. ) - TBA
  • Christmas Plus One* (holiday movie starring Corey Sevier, Emily Alatalo, Vanessa Smythe and Michael Dickson; directed by Meeshelle Neal; written by Erica Deutschman; Sisters make a holiday pact to find true love before next Christmas, one succeeds so well she’s planning a holiday wedding, while the other meets the ‘perfect guy’ to bring as her date, but immediately loses his number; filmed in Ontario and debuted internationally in 2022) - TBA (Trailer)
  • Mistletoe Match* (holiday movie starring Elena Juatco, Ryan Bruce, Vas Saranga, Tessa Kozma and Dianne Aguilar; directed by Graeme Campbell; written by Jesica L. Randall; A journalist goes undercover at a holiday singles event, but finds herself falling for a single dad; filmed in Ontario and debuted internationally in 2022) - TBA (Trailer)
  • Planes, Trains, and Christmas Trees* (holiday movie starring Kathryn Davis and Olivier Renaud; directed by Marta Borowski and written by Cera Rose Pickering; A pair of strangers desperate to get home for the holidays try to drive themselves through a snowstorm but end up stranded together in a small Ohio town; filmed in Ontario and debuted internationally in 2022) - TBA (Trailer)

Netflix & (HBO) Max Christmas movies and specials:
These still may not be the full lists, and subject to change.

Netflix

• The Price of Family (a.k.a. Natale a Tutti i Costi; Italian-language holiday comedy starring Christian De Sica, Angela Finocchiaro and Dharma Mangia Woods; written and directed by Giovanni Bognetti; Parents trick their adult children into coming home for Christmas; filmed in Rome and Lazio, Italy) - Jan. 25 (Trailer)
  • Christmas Love (Kenyan holiday short starring Mkurugenzi Abel Mutua, Ekirapa Grace, Robert Burale and Neema Kawa; directed by Peter Kawa; A man struggles to balance his work and home life with his faith; debuted on Safaricom Baze in Africa in 2022) - May 1
  • Love at First Sight (holiday-set movie starring Ben Hardy, Haley Lu Richardson and Jameela Jamil; directed by Vanessa Caswill; Two strangers meet at an airport on their way to London.) - Sep. 15
  • Best. Christmas. Ever. (holiday comedy starring Heather Graham, Brandy Norwood, Jason Biggs and Matt Cedeno; directed by Mary Lambert; written by Charles Shyer and Todd Calgi; A woman forced to spend Christmas with her picture-perfect college best friend sets out to find cracks in their glossy exterior, but ends up almost ruining the holiday; filmed in Utah) - Nov. 16
  • Virgin River Holiday (two, special holiday-set episodes of the series starring Lauren Hammersley, Kai Bradbury, Sarah Dugdale, Annette O'Toole, Tim Matheson, Colin Lawrence, Lexa Doig and Steve Bacic; announced in July ) - Nov. 30
  • The Claus Family 3 (a.k.a. De Familie Claus 3; Dutch-language family film sequel, starring Jan Declair, Bracha van Doesburgh; Eva van dec Gucht and Mo Bakker; written and directed by Ruben Vandenborre; The Claus family must once again band together to save Christmas; filmed in Belgium; debuted in 2022 in Europe) - TBA
  • The Bad Guys: A Very Bad Holiday (animated holiday special based on the characters from the DreamWorks movie, directed by Bret Haaland; announced in 2022) - TBA
  • I Hate Christmas (a.k.a. Odio Il Natale; second season of the Italian-language holiday rom-com series starring Pilar Fogliati, Marzia Ubaldi, Fiorenza Pieri, Massimo Rigo, Alessio Praticò, Cecilia Bertozzi and Marcos Piacentini; A nurse who is happily single the rest of the year is sick of being shamed for being alone at the holidays, so vows on December 1 to find someone to take home for Christmas; filmed in Italy) - TBA

Max

• Starstruck (season 3 of the BBC co-production and partially-holiday-set series created by and starring Rose Matafeo, along with Nikesh Patel; a budding movie star dates a struggling woman he met on New Year’s Eve) - Sep. 28
  • A Wine Country Christmas* (holiday movie starring Josh Swickard, Sol Rodriguez, Eileen Davidson, Annika Noelle, Omar Gooding, Alex Taylor and Lindsay Brewer; A single mom works to save her family vineyard; directed by Alex Ranarivelo; filmed in Petaluma, Calif.) - TBA

Late reminder for tonight:

When Calls the Heart,
episode 9 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Does not repeat after tonight.

Also re-airing:

Reminder for tonight, Friday or Sunday:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has a new mystery series starring Tamera Mowry-Housley. Tonight is episode 1.

Haunted Harmony Mysteries: Murder in G Major is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 9/24 at 7pm ET
Fri 9/29 at 11pm ET
Sun 10/5 at 5pm ET

Starring: Tamera Mowry-Housley, Risteard Cooper and Marco Grazzini.
Description: A new teacher at an Irish prep school is shocked to find a ghost haunting her house. She decides to help solve his murder in the hopes that it will allow him to move on.

Did anyone else watch, A Picture of Her, last night? I saw the end. My guess is that was the best part. I did love the supportive dad of the actress :)

Did anyone else watch, A Picture of Her, last night? I saw the end. My guess is that was the best part. I did love the supportive dad of the actress :)

I watched it when it first came out. It was kind of an odd premise. He takes her photo, accidentally includes it with other photos he shot for a magazine. It gets chosen for the cover. She suddenly becomes kind of famous over being the cover photo and he's afraid to tell her the truth. Definitely a one and done movie.

Thanks, Imzadi. It does indeed sound as though I watched all that needed to be watched, lol! I hope you enjoyed what you saw of it. Indeed, nothing special or memorable at all. I just always appreciate a positive father character in a movie.

Reminder for tonight, Friday or Sunday:

Elizabeth Henstridge is back for the first time in a new Hallmark movie since doing the very re-watchable Christmas at the Plaza with Ryan Paevey a few years ago. :teeth: (Unfortunately Ryan isn't in this movie too.)

Mystery Island is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 10/1 at 7pm ET
Fri 10/6 at 11pm ET
Sun 10/8 at 5pm ET

Starring: Elizabeth Henstridge and Charlie Weber.
Description: London Police psychiatrist Dr. Emilia Priestly needs to take a relaxing break from her stressful job, so her wealthy friend invites her to Mystery Island, an immersive murder-mystery-themed resort hosting a special retreat for the original investors. As the mystery game begins, tragedy strikes when the resort’s reclusive founder is murdered. Emilia “partners” with local detective Jason Trent to investigate.

Last edited:
Reminder for Saturday:

A Very Venice Romance

Thurs 10/5 at 8pm ET
Sun 10/8 at 1pm ET

Starring: Stephanie Leonidas and Raniero Monaco Di Lapio.

Description: Amy travels to Venice, Italy to lure Chef Marcello into helping her company's new venture. When Marcello declines, Amy signs up for his advanced cooking course to make her case.

Reminder for Saturday:

A Very Venice Romance

Thurs 10/5 at 8pm ET
Sun 10/8 at 1pm ET

Description: Amy travels to Venice, Italy to lure Chef Marcello into helping her company's new venture. When Marcello declines, Amy signs up for his advanced cooking course to make her case.

Gonna have to watch this one. We were in Venice this past summer. Hot, crowded, touristy. But then, there ain't but one Venice, Italy on Planet Earth, nor will there ever be again.

Gonna have to watch this one. We were in Venice this past summer. Hot, crowded, touristy. But then, there ain't but one Venice, Italy on Planet Earth, nor will there ever be again.
We were just in Venice in July ahead of a cruise and it was very beautiful. We stayed in Murano for 2 nights.

We just saw A Haunting in Venice earlier this week and it was cool to see sites we just saw. Before we went on our cruise since it was a Greece focused one we watched Love's Greek to Me so I'm excited to watch this Venice movie to kinda bring back those memories.

We'd go back to Venice although I'd like to go to Burano for a bit to explore around.

Reminder for Sunday:

When Calls the Heart,
episode 10 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Does not repeat again.

Also re-airing:

Reminder for Friday or Sunday:

Elizabeth Henstridge is back for the first time in a new Hallmark movie since doing the very re-watchable Christmas at the Plaza with Ryan Paevey a few years ago. :teeth: (Unfortunately Ryan isn't in this movie too.)

Mystery Island is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Fri 10/6 at 11pm ET
Sun 10/8 at 5pm ET

Starring: Elizabeth Henstridge and Charlie Weber.
Description: London Police psychiatrist Dr. Emilia Priestly needs to take a relaxing break from her stressful job, so her wealthy friend invites her to Mystery Island, an immersive murder-mystery-themed resort hosting a special retreat for the original investors. As the mystery game begins, tragedy strikes when the resort’s reclusive founder is murdered. Emilia “partners” with local detective Jason Trent to investigate.

Excited that Christmas movies will start later this month :)

O/T and I hope this is okay to post. All of you are so kind. Today is national postcard day according to Google. If any of you would be willing to help me with a special birthday postcard surprise for my dad, please PM me. Thank you!

Reminder for Saturday:

A Very Venice Romance

Thurs 10/5 at 8pm ET
Sun 10/8 at 1pm ET

Shoved the dude into the canal first thing! These scripts write themselves, but I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter