Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I finally watched The More Love Grows. I’m kind of ambivalent about this one. I feel like if the husband had been Andrew Walker, they would have gotten back together. But take my opinion with a grain of salt. I’ve been married 30 years so I tend to believe you might need to adjust and grow after awhile. This could have easily been the mom becoming more independent, the husband loving it, and them agreeing to try to move forward. It’s just hard for me to believe she was out of love with her husband of 20 years after 6 weeks. I don’t think I could manage that if I wanted to 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes, I thought it would have been interesting and unpredictable had they cast the husband with an actor in which we weren't sure if she would go back to him after all. Casting Warren Christie as the new guy and Andrew Walker as her husband would have been fantastic, complex and different. It would have made us wonder the whole time which guy she decides to be with at the end. popcorn:: (That would have been a Netflix level movie. And yes, one lead actor who always gets the girl, would have had to suck it up and be the guy who lost in this one.)

I also thought the way she blew her husband off at the end was a bit off. It's not like she had felt something was wrong with the marriage for a long time, the way he did. She was the one blindsided and actually thought it was good. So, at the end when he sees how she is more the way she was at the beginning of their relationship, before they had a child and their priorities changed, I could have seen where she could have given the marriage a chance.

And they didn't quite show that things were sizzling in regard to her feelings with Warren Christie. If anything, she purposely kept things on a slow burner. Which, on the one hand was good, her being cautious as she wasn't even divorced yet. But, the thing with feelings is that one can plan all they want on how to proceed, but sometimes, feelings work on a different time table and are messy. And her feelings for Warren were a little too pat. Had she been over the moon about him, I could understand better her saying yes, her marriage is truly over.

Last edited:
Reminder for Saturday:

Hallmark is continuing with their National Park series. 🌿

Love in the Great Smoky Mountains: A National Park Romance
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 9/3 at 5pm ET
Fri 9/8 at 6pm ET
Sun 9/10 at 1pm ET

Starring: Starring Arielle Kebbel and Zach Roerig.
Description: Former sweethearts reunite at an archeological dig in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. As they work together competing for the same research grant, will their love be rediscovered?

Reminder for Saturday:

Love in the Great Smoky Mountains: A National Park Romance is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Fri 9/8 at 6pm ET
Sun 9/10 at 1pm ET

Description: Former sweethearts reunite at an archeological dig in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. As they work together competing for the same research grant, will their love be rediscovered?

It’s a Vampire Diaries reunion LOL. I’m in.

Reminder for Saturday:

Love in the Great Smoky Mountains: A National Park Romance is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Fri 9/8 at 6pm ET
Sun 9/10 at 1pm ET

Sigh. I really wanted to enjoy this, but it was so far-fetched. Archeology is not that easy! Dig down 6 inches and find a plethora of intact artifacts. Hidden treasure — let’s Indiana Jones this bad boy. Trail of Tears — we’ll just rush right through that. The only accurate things were the beautiful scenery, and how hard it is to find funding. And the acting…it was actually painful to watch the secondary male character. His line delivery was wooden. 😢 But at least this was a National Park without Cindy Busby! 🤣

Sigh. I really wanted to enjoy this, but it was so far-fetched. Archeology is not that easy! Dig down 6 inches and find a plethora of intact artifacts. Hidden treasure — let’s Indiana Jones this bad boy. Trail of Tears — we’ll just rush right through that. The only accurate things were the beautiful scenery, and how hard it is to find funding. And the acting…it was actually painful to watch the secondary male character. His line delivery was wooden. 😢 But at least this was a National Park without Cindy Busby! 🤣

Aw too bad. This series is turning out to be a disappointment. :(

But, at least I can delete the movie now. I'm binge watching Yellowstone again. I'm DVRing it so I can speed though the many commercial breaks. But I'm running out of space on my DVR.

On Yellowstone, there is one cowboy/wrangler who looks so much like Luke Perry is Love in Paradise. Makes me miss him. That movie is still one of my favorite Hallmark movies.

I admit also being disappointed by some of the newer National Parks movies. I did not see the last few. Didn't Chasing Waterfalls mostly take place in a National Park? I am pretty sure that was a movie that I enjoyed.

As I have said before, I also have really enjoyed some of the older movies. I do wish Hallmark would do a much better job of airing a variety of movies. I think we all do!

Wishing all of you friends a good night with sweet dreams :)

Just found this thread and quite happy I did as I love the Hallmark Xmas movies.
Nice to welcome a new face here! Hope you enjoy it. :goodvibes

I admit also being disappointed by some of the newer National Parks movies. I did not see the last few. Didn't Chasing Waterfalls mostly take place in a National Park? I am pretty sure that was a movie that I enjoyed.
I haven't seen any lately either. I tend to drift in an out of Hallmark movie "seasons" - watch a bunch for a while, watch other things for a while, come back again... I generally like the Christmas one best.

Aw too bad. This series is turning out to be a disappointment. :(

But, at least I can delete the movie now. I'm binge watching Yellowstone again. I'm DVRing it so I can speed though the many commercial breaks. But I'm running out of space on my DVR.

On Yellowstone, there is one cowboy/wrangler who looks so much like Luke Perry is Love in Paradise. Makes me miss him. That movie is still one of my favorite Hallmark movies.
I think we all miss Luke Perry :sad:

As I have said before, I also have really enjoyed some of the older movies. I do wish Hallmark would do a much better job of airing a variety of movies. I think we all do!

I didn't have a chance to post this news that was announced a month ago:

Wonya Lucas, the CEO of Hallmark Media of will step down from her role by the end of the year. :worship::worship::worship: 🥳🥂🎊🎉

Wonya Lucas took over for Bill Abbott, the previous CEO who left in 2020. He created the 2 Hallmark channels with the programing and various series we all loved.

While yes, Hallmark needed some improvements, once Lucas took over, she gutted the channels and cancelled almost every Hallmark series (except When Calls the Heart,) told almost all the regular Hall-stars that they might not be staying on Hallmark, (to which many pretty much went off to do work elsewhere,) and then replaced some of the movie series with single movies or series that were basically carbon-copies of those she cancelled. :rolleyes: AND all those cancelled series are still being shown as weekend movie marathons. So it's not like they thought viewers weren't going to watch them.

While she did bring diversity and inclusion to Hallmark, (which I am for,) in my opinion, it was done with such clunkiness and flag-waving of, "Here is the inclusive moment," or the diverse casting.
white-flag-emoji.gif
It seemed more about fulfilling an obvious agenda than about trying to elegantly write in some elements that are as much a part of a person as their eye color is. (Exceptions being Jonathan Bennet's three movies, The Holiday Sitter, and The Christmas House and The Christmas House 2, in which he received GLAAD Media Award nominations.)

Lucas said she feels she’s “done all the things I set out to do” and fulfilled the mission given to her by her boss, Hallmark’s corporate CEO Mike Perry.

I feel good riddance! I am very happy she's leaving. It gives me hope that maybe the next Hallmark CEO will re-visit some stuff we loved about the Hallmark channels a few years ago and bring back some of the stuff we loved. For instance, give us an ending to the cliffhanger at the end of Mystery 101. Or even better, continue the series and others like Crossword Mysteries. And PLEASE give us more Signed, Sealed, Delivered movies.
eusa_pray.gif

And while we did get more humor in some movies and some that were definitely different, like The Royal Nanny and Ghosts of Christmas Past, it would be nice to see some variety in the weekly programming. I say again, yes, it would be wonderful to have a Hallmark Hall of Fame night once a week, as well as the Christmas movie night.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Imzadi! I wish Wonya Lucas well, of course, also. I am excited and hopeful for some positive Hallmark changes! Love your idea of a classic movie weekly. I would be the as I said to see more of a variety. Also, as I once emailed Hallmark, they should create a channel just for older TV series. Add in viewer's choices of some favorites, too. I will email them again and would suggest you and everyone else on here do likewise.

Sweet dreams everyone:grouphug:

Is Mystery 101 the series with Kristopher Polaha? I adore him. I miss that one a lot.

I enjoy watching movies with Alexa and Carlos Penavega; they are sooo adorable.

I have loved Luke Macfarlane since Birthday Wish. I understand he is gay IRL but I want to see him as a leading man and not a gay leading man. I don't typically watch those movies. I don't object but I have no interest.

Is Mystery 101 the series with Kristopher Polaha? I adore him. I miss that one a lot.

Yes, that's the one. Kristopher and Jill Wagner were all set to do a movie to finish the cliffhanger the series ended on. Even the writer said he had the idea for the script ready.

I have loved Luke Macfarlane since Birthday Wish. I understand he is gay IRL but I want to see him as a leading man and not a gay leading man. I don't typically watch those movies. I don't object but I have no interest.

That reminds me, Luke Macfarlane is coming back to Hallmark next weekend. He had said goodbye to doing more Hallmark movies a few months ago, but now he said he's coming back. He will be playing a gay character. Yet, Jonathan Bennett has gone back and forth doing straight and gay characters. So maybe Luke will do the same. He does have a good many Hallmark fans who like him doing straight characters.

I really wish that they would bring back Mystery 101. I really enjoyed it.

Have not watched the latest National Park romance movie as I can't get into the series. Also, like a PP said, archeology isn't that simple. DH has an PhD in anthropology and has done archeology field work. Fictional stories on those topics just don't work for me as my inner voice (or his as he rolls his eyes passing through the room) is critical of the plot points.

LATE Reminder for tonight, Saturday:

It's a Ryan Paevey night!

Fourth Down and Love is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 9/10 at 7pm ET
Thur 9/14 at 8pm ET
Sun 9/17 at 1pm ET

Starring: Pascale Hutton and Ryan Paevey.
Description: Sparks are reignited when a single mother and a pro football player coincidentally meet again on her daughter's flag football field after his career is interrupted by a sports injury.

Reminder for Sunday:

(This actually premiered on Friday. But I keep forgetting it is the new night HM&M now premieres movies :headache: as I prefer to watch them on Sundays.)

You can also watch it On Demand on Spectrum Cable now.

Guiding Emily is on at 7pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Thurs 9/14 at 7pm ET
Sun 9.17 at 1pm ET

Starring: Sarah Drew, Antonio Cupo and Eric McCormack as the voice of her guide dog! :dogdance:
Description: Follows Emily's as she struggles to cope with her new reality after losing her sight, and a potential guide dog struggles with his training. With a bit of help both make headway in their important transitions.

On the Hallmark Channel:

When Calls the Heart,
episode 7 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Re-airs: Fri 9/15 at 9am ET

LATE Reminder for tonight, Saturday:

It's a Ryan Paevey night!

Fourth Down and Love is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 9/10 at 7pm ET
Thur 9/14 at 8pm ET
Sun 9/17 at 1pm ET

Starring: Pascale Hutton and Ryan Paevey.
Description: Sparks are reignited when a single mother and a pro football player coincidentally meet again on her daughter's flag football field after his career is interrupted by a sports injury.

I like him, but I'm sorry, pro football player??? hahahaha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter