ENABLER ALERT-Michael's Cricut Clearance

Here in FL they had them- some of them were marked 19.99 but tey all rang up 9.99. I did not check to see if they had any that were in the cage that were on clearance.

I am in the midwest and all of the stores in my area had at least some carts on Clearance. It seems to be the ones that were released in the Pagoda, Paisley, From My Kitchen run. The only ones that were not that old were the 2 cake carts...no clue why those were that cheap. :confused3

One of my Michael's had the gypsy signed at 49.99 but was sold out. The other had one left and when I got there it rang up 99.99. I was so disappointed as the first store had called for me. But after a few minutes of talking with the manager, they gave it to me for 49.99. I don't think their sale was nearly as good as the first store. They didn't have the carts marked down. I guess they are waiting for the sale to start on Sunday.

One of my Michael's had the gypsy signed at 49.99 but was sold out. The other had one left and when I got there it rang up 99.99. I was so disappointed as the first store had called for me. But after a few minutes of talking with the manager, they gave it to me for 49.99. I don't think their sale was nearly as good as the first store. They didn't have the carts marked down. I guess they are waiting for the sale to start on Sunday.

Wow...I am surprised that the second store gave it to you. In my area the stores do not "play nice" that way. :sad2:

I work at Michaels and reach scrap booking there. The reason the cricut cake carts are so cheap is because Michaels will no longer be carrying the cake line at all. I ended up getting the 12x24 mats for the cake for $1.59 and just made it sticky. So that was a huge deal there.

Huh, I just got an email with tomorrow's ad in it. Our carts go on clearance tomorrow...

Thank you for posting that! I was all worried that I hadn't been able to get there yet, and just checked. - My store's sale starts tomorrow as well. It must be different in different areas.

I work at Michaels and reach scrap booking there. The reason the cricut cake carts are so cheap is because Michaels will no longer be carrying the cake line at all. I ended up getting the 12x24 mats for the cake for $1.59 and just made it sticky. So that was a huge deal there.

Wow! Okay...thanks for sharing that. I love the idea of the cake and I am a cake designer (very side job), but the fact that I could get into trouble with PC for seeing cakes I have made with the machine makes me shy away from it.

In Richmond, they have lots of the $9.99 carts, the titles already listed but no Gypsies to be found. :sad2:

Never mind ... just saw the ad. It says "Excludes Cricut Imagine cartridges. While supplies last. Quantities and styles vary by store. No rain checks. All sales final".
So looks like they can pretty much put whatever carts they want on sale.

Just wondering if people would mind posting what Michael's stores they are finding the sale carts. I know someone had posted that they had got them and I noticed they were from Jersey (I think it was Colleen) but I went to the Michael's in Central Jersey ... Nassau Park Shopping Center and didn't see any marked down that low.

Yep, I'm from Jersey! I'm in Ocean County. I went to the store in Toms River. A friend of mine called when she was in Manahawkin and they had a bunch on clearance. She had them call the Freehold store. They said they hadn't marked theirs down YET.

Here in CT I found:

Stand and Salute
Pagoda
Paisley
Sweetheart
A Childs Year
Winter Wonderland

and one other, can't remember. For that price, you can't go wrong. They did have Cars, Miss Kitty, Sesame Street too.

Went to the Michael's in Bellingham (MA) today and picked up the Pagoda cart - not one I would have bought before but for $9.99 it was worth it to me. Our store didn't have too many and when I went back later tonight (yes, I did go to Michael's 2x today...) there weren't many left. There wasn't a large variety either.

On other things, I love it when the seasons change and the stores re-decorate. It's all about Spring and Valentines and other related items now and it looks nice. The new $1 section is filled in and I picked up one of the cute little mini memo pads with pen. And I got two Me & My Big Ideas paper packs that were on sale - I went back the second time to get the second pack. Even tho I swear up and down I don't need paper I just really liked these and I want to do a couple of year-end books for dd11. After going through all my Project Life pictures for the past two years (yes, I have managed to complete two years even tho all the pictures aren't in the books I DID take them and write them down..) I noticed I had a lot of pictures with dd & her friends so I wanted to make her a mini book of those pictures. Yes, I will add that to my projects pile.. :rolleyes1

And a side note to Jennifer...are they still going to put in that golf store next door? I thought they had a big sign up before but today they had scafolding there and the sign is gone altho there is still one in the window. ??? I haven't heard anything, but then again, I didn't know Michael's was coming until the sign went up on 495!

Jill

Well, I went to Michaels today in BCS Texas and they had very few on sale and the ones that were where not even marked :confused3. The only thing that I picked up was Hello Kitty so my girls could make their valentines this year. They did have Pagoda but I don't think I will use that one.

Does anyone have Pagoda and if so, do you like? I think I may have to go back and get it in the morning for 9.99.;)

My sister was able to get 'Cars' and the Western font one today. (we usually just share carts)

I went to our Micheals this morning and they had cards hanging for Jubilee, Simply Sweet, Old West, and something else (can't remember what it was). I grabbed 2 Jubilees (one for me and one for a friend), and two others and then I went up to the front of the store to look in the cage where they actually keep the cartridges. Big surprise, none of the ones that I had grabbed cards for were in there. Sold out! I asked the salesgirl and she was able to find 2 Jubilees, so I got them. They also had both Pooh cartridges, but I already had them, and Pagoda which I wasn't interested in. No Gypsy's.

My oldest daughter checked the Micheals in Athens, GA and they only had Pooh font. My youngest lives in Groton, CT and they had Old West, Sweetheart, the kitchen one, Simply Sweet, Jubilee and several more.

Went back to Micheal's today. They had all the carts looked up in the cage and the manager denied they were 9.99 and wouldn't check. They still had the one I bought yesterday and a lot more. They had a lot of Ashlyn's alphabet but they wouldn't let me see one. I really dislike my Micheals!!! I would of bought more but they wouldn't sell me any she kept saying it was only the Disney ones no others and that I got the wrong price yesterday!

I may try to go back another time.

I have to say the people at our Michael's were much more friendlier than usual when I went the other night. Maybe they got new staff. The girl that checked me out seemed like she was a manager. She scrapbooked too so she understood the excitement of $9.99 Cricut carts. The people at ACMoore by me are awful.

Wow! Okay...thanks for sharing that. I love the idea of the cake and I am a cake designer (very side job), but the fact that I could get into trouble with PC for seeing cakes I have made with the machine makes me shy away from it.
You shouldnt get into any trouble from provo craft. They have the angel policy about selling things you make with their products. Its on their web site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter