Disney Wonder 11/14/04

Stuart -- what do you mean by shore ressies this week? We are newbies to Disney cruising. I better find out what I'm supposed to have done this week!! We did make our final payment this week -- is that what you are talking about?

You can make shore excursion reservations with DCL 60 days out. 60 days from Nassau is Thursday, 60 days from Castaway Key is Friday.

If you want to do things like Dolphin Encounter, etc, that fill up quick, you should reserve them ahead of time with DCL.

So what are everyone's shore excursions? Have you booked them yet?

Here's our schedule:

NASSAU

915am - Dolphin enounter for DW followed by Blue Lagoon Beach for both of us.

CASTAWAY KEY

1000am - Parasailing for DW

1150am - Banana Boats for both of us

245pm - Jetski Tour for both of us

Hi everyone! Our family will also be on the Nov 14 Wonder in room 8066, I will be traveling with DH, DD (15), DS (11) and DD (1). By the way Stewart, sounds like DH and kids will be parasailing with you in CC. Can't wait!:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by StuartMI
We should all plan to meet somewhere. Perhaps the day-at-sea or someplace before.. Anyone have any ideas as to what the "norm" is? This will be our first cruise so we're clueless. :tongue:
Hmmm, lemme think (ouch, that hurts). We could do something basic, like meeting up on deck 9 or 10 for the sailaway party. Wear lime green. :teeth: But then we could miss each other huh??

I dunno. We could set a day/time to meet in one of the lounges, or we could meet in Parrot Cay for lunch after we board (and after everyone finishes their ressie rush), like around 1:30pm or so.

BTW, we have our excursions booked:
Nassau - me & DD doing the historic city tour, plus she'll do the Teen Junkanoo Jam.

CC - all three of us are doing the 9:45am jetski tour (figure 1st thing in the morning I might not get sunburned (do we have a finger crossing emoticon???)

Hey....StuartMI thanks sooo much for leading me to this thread!

Count us in for 11/14. Me, (Theresa 38 for a short time longer...), DH (37...who likes to remind me of his age), DD (12) and DS (8).

We were SUPPOSE to be sailing YESTERDAY! boo hoo. But Hurrican Jeanne had other plans for us. DCL had to cut the cruise short, move the port, change the times...so it ended up being a 2 day cruise. We just couldn't imagine giving up those days so we opted to reschedule. So we are happily sailing with you guys now.

We are from KY. First time Disney cruisers but big Disney fans.

I was on a thread with the 9/26 cruisers and they went to Home Depot and got green, Mickey heads that are used as paint chips and were going to wear them boarding day to recognize each other. They were also planning to meet on the Promanade level after the lifeboat drills. Have you all decided on a place to meet up? We'd love to join you.

I've been really sad until today but now....for the first time since last week....I actually think I can put my bouncy guy back in action.:Pinkbounc

CindyBeth...you have a DD 12? My DD would LOVE to communiate with her! She is very excited about the cruise but would be thrilled to know someone before entering the kids club alone. Of course my DS8 would like a contact too.

T:earsgirl

CindyBeth..PM'd you back!:jumping1:

My DD is excited. She'll email your DD when her homework is finished shortly.

T

Hi gang!! :wave2:

This cruise is getting close and I am soooooo excited I am about to burst. :flower1:

This will be our 4th DCL cruise and for sure the thrill is still there!!:Pinkbounc

I have already started "gathering" stuff as I think of it, especially since we will be cruising with a toddler this time (18 months at time of cruise).

Tinkerbel129's family and ours even all bought matching Mickey-themed tropical outfits, so look for the 7 people dressed the same on embarkation day.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

~Nancy~

Nancy,

I know what you mean!:flower1:

Since I was supposed to be on the cruise this week....my things are sitting aside in the closet...waiting for November!

4th cruise! You need to send us some tips!

Looking forward!
Theresa:earsgirl:

Theresa - here's one for you: :cheer2:

I thought of you and your user name when I saw that one in the Smilie List. ::yes::

Yes, 4 cruises - and they've all been Pin Cruises!! Two 3-night and two 4-night.

As far as tips - what do you want to know? I'll do my best to share.

~Nancy~

Nancy,

That is very cute!:cheer2:

Well....what time is best to arrive at the port? I've heard about people making signs for their doors, do you do that? Do you do shore excursions? I think we'd all like to meet each other, from your experience, what time and place do you think works best?

This is our first cruise so any info you have would be great.

Have a wonderful rest of week!
Theresa

Okay - let's see if I can answer your first question:

We arrive at the port about 10:00am. Why? Several reasons:

1) you beat the DCL bus crowds (nuf said)

2) you get to be at the front of the line to board, i.e. first on the ship! Some/one of your group can wait in line and trade off with the other(s) looking around the terminal

3) there's lots to see in the terminal itself - it's part of the whole DCL cruise experience. Get checked in and start relaxing! Check out the beautiful floor and design of the terminal. Go to the snack bar and get a bite or a drink. Go outside on the balcony and see the ship up close front and center! Spend time examining the large cut away model of the ship in the middle of the terminal. See the characters when they come out for the meet and greet! Take pictures in front of the Mickey ears entrance to the gangway leading to the ship.

4) Time is money. You paid a lot for this cruise, so the more time you can spend experiencing it reduces the "per hour" cost (make sense?) Even though the ship doesn't sail until 5:00pm, the "experience" begins the moment you arrive at the terminal - and the earlier the better! (Too much before 10 and you'll just be waiting outside)

~Nancy~

The door signs craze seems to have started since our last cruise 2 years ago, so no we've never made one. But I would like to for this cruise and definitely for the 2-weeker repo cruise next year.

We did the Discover Atlantis excursion on our 1st cruise. We were signed up for Blue Lagoon but it got cancelled because it was raining. So we switched over to Atlantis. We did the indoor stuff while it was raining and when the rain let up we went outside and explored the grounds (it's huge!). We plan to do Blue Lagoon this cruise. We didn't do any excursions on cruises 2 & 3. It's fun to just get off the ship and walk to the nearby shopping district and try to get all the free stuff they give out (for see the Nassau Shopping handout you get on the ship).

As far as meeting other DISers, the first day is so crazy with everyone going their own way and getting their bearings on the ship, so I don't recommend trying to meet the first day. I guess I really don't have any suggestions for this one. Sorry.

~Nancy~

Nancy,
Thanks for the information. It's great. Exactly what I was looking for!

What's the 2 weeker-repo cruise??

Theresa:Pinkbounc

pirate: princess:

Perdita&Pongo...

we will all be wearing the island mickey clothes from the disney store this summer when we board the ship...are these the same clothes that you have? if so we will all be twinkies!!!

can't wait to see people on board...and I pray that this hurricane season ends way before our trip!!!

Theresa/cheercoach2 - You are welcome for the info; I am happy to share! The repo cruise happens twice next summer as the Magic travels on 14-night cruises through the Panama Canal in May and then returns in August. This is to REPOsition the ship to the west coast for the summer to do 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises in celebration of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. We will be on the Eastbound return cruise (with about 400 or so other DISers, I might add!).

txaggie94gigem - Yup, those would be the ones: island Mickey from the Disney Store! Did you pay full price or get them when they were 25% off? 50% off? We got ours at 50% off!! Add to that the 10% DVC discount and it was quite a coup!

We also have the Reyn Spooner Mom/girls dresses from Disney Deals online. Those have Mickey & friends, a cruise ship, filmstrips - that's the pattern. A little more teal blue than the blue in the Disney Store set.

~Nancy~

Hey all,

Just checked the Cruise meet board for the first time. I guess I spend too much time over on the other boards :( DBF and I will be in Cabin 6020.....at least that's where we're currently scheduled to be.

Ivanova, we'll see you in the pin trading lounge during registration.

Anybody on this trip up for a little game of DIS tag during the cruise? If so, I'll print up a lime green Mickeyhead magnet and get the ball rolling when we get onboard.

How's Dis Tag work? Probably would be fun to do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter