Disney Projects (Activity Book, T-shirts, Noteboard for Door)

Oops, forgot...the itinerary book was a great idea -- small enough to keep in my bag and keep DD entertained while reminding us of the important events.

And my DH's Light Up Mickey, was really cool. He hung it off of his backpack in the parks and was easily displayed.

Very cute use of the accordian book! Glad you had a good time :)

Did you use the door notepad? Did you get any notes from disers?

Yes, we did at BCV -- they were not DISers but just regular guests, which was cool, too. I'll try to take pictures and post up here later tonight.

However, when we did the same at AKV, we didn't get any notes at all.

Here is the final pre-trip project (yeah, now I can start to pack!)

I got this from Michaels -- I did nothing to the covers on this one. It was a simple accordian black paged scrapbook but I decided to use it for our schedule.

very very cool!!!! I think I'm going to have to lift this one!

Oops, forgot...the itinerary book was a great idea -- small enough to keep in my bag and keep DD entertained while reminding us of the important events.

And my DH's Light Up Mickey, was really cool. He hung it off of his backpack in the parks and was easily displayed.

how would one go about getting a light up mickey??? It is super cool!

how would one go about getting a light up mickey??? It is super cool!

My DH took my lightup sunglasses that I had gotten and took the "LED" wire out of that and wrapped it around some copper wire that he melted together to form a MH.

I can try to get more specific instructions from him.

My DH took my lightup sunglasses that I had gotten and took the "LED" wire out of that and wrapped it around some copper wire that he melted together to form a MH.

I can try to get more specific instructions from him.

that sound cool, and doable. I'll have to show DH when he gets home. Thanks.

Wow! What a cool book and other crafts!!! I am soooooo NOT crafty, I have attempted several times and finally have just surrendered to the fact that "I think in code" (I'm more of a computer programmer type person, I have made many websites, but need someone else to design them!). However, I LOVE looking at crafts and enjoying other people's work! I am currently sloooooowly working on a digital scrapbook. I seem to be a tad more creative if I can use the computer. :rotfl:

Anyway, the pictures of your shirts are now broken images :confused: I was hoping to get to see them...

The light-up Mickey head your DH made is awesome! I can totally see my DH doing that same thing.

And a completely off topic question...how old was your DD when you first took her to Disney? As you can see by my siggy, we have a 4 week old and I am JUST ITCHING to get to Disney as soon as possible again. We have only been there once (last year in October for our honeymoon), and I miss it sooooooooo much. But, I'm sorta scared to take a little one-I am thinking maybe next September when he's a year might be good...I just want to hear your experiences on bringing a little one to WDW. Maybe there is a thread out there on this sort of topic...hmmm.....

I have fixed the pics with the tie dye t-shirts...sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.

As for a wee one, I'll write more later (my parents are in town now) but we took DD at 3 month and it was terrific! She mostly slept and ate but it gave us a chance to do Disney and see what we wanted to see, go shopping, eat at the nicer restaurants, etc.

This year, with a 2 year old, it was mostly about her, so I was glad I did the things I wanted to on the previous trip.

I have fixed the pics with the tie dye t-shirts...sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.

No problem! :thumbsup2 They look great!

As for a wee one, I'll write more later (my parents are in town now) but we took DD at 3 month and it was terrific! She mostly slept and ate but it gave us a chance to do Disney and see what we wanted to see, go shopping, eat at the nicer restaurants, etc.

This year, with a 2 year old, it was mostly about her, so I was glad I did the things I wanted to on the previous trip.

That is a very good point...and glad to hear that it was terrific with a 3 month old! Did you and DH just take turns on the rides? I look forward to your additional info/experiences. :goodvibes Sorry to totally hijack the thread!!

No problem! :thumbsup2 They look great!

That is a very good point...and glad to hear that it was terrific with a 3 month old! Did you and DH just take turns on the rides? I look forward to your additional info/experiences. :goodvibes Sorry to totally hijack the thread!!

DD3mos was able to go on most of the rides with us (HM, PP, IASW, PoC, CoP, TTA, SW, WtP, Carousel, Jungle Boat, Buzz Lightyear, Maelstrom, Mexico, The Land Boat Ride, Great Movie Ride, etc), so it really didn't feel like we were missing anything. And for those that were height restricted, we just used the baby swap -- which is so easy to do.

Also, it was soooooo easy to shop in the stores when she was 3 mos...Now, I'm afraid she'll break something, or she'll want to touch every little darn thing, so shopping was no longer fun.

We took both a stroller and a baby carrier (Baby Bjorn) but found it was easier to just park the stroller in the "land" we were in and carry DD in the Bjorn.

And since you asked :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ...here are some of our pics from '05.

I'm sure Mickey was not supposed to do this (but it made my day!!)
DSC_3191.jpg

TTA
DSC_3064.jpg

Castle
DSC_3070.jpg

IASW
DSC_3107.jpg

If you take a wee one, you just got to do this photo shoot. Take down a bunch of stuffed animals and voila:

DSC_3407.jpg

DSC_3411.jpg

And this will come back to haunt us on our '07 trip...
DSC_3414.jpg

Thank you Marshay! It's great to hear, and see, your experiences! Makes me feel much more confident if we are able to swing a trip while DS is still very young! :goodvibes

wow what a great idea.

thanks! All the crafts were so much fun to do...I can't wait to begin some new ones for our May trip. We're going to make more Mickey tie dye shirts and a Disney ABC scrapbook, another itinerary book and door sign -- those were big hits!

we are driving in Aug. with DD 5 and DD 10 months. I think I might try to make a touch and feel book for DD 10 months. Cant wait to see the new stuff.

That's from one of the "Capture the Magic" kits you can buy in the Disney Parks. I believe that one featured all the parks in WDW.

This was the paper that is in all the Disney Park scrapbook stores...it came in the blue cover and was a scrapbook kit...

Just looked it up -- Capture the Magic Scrapbook Kit.

That's from one of the "Capture the Magic" kits you can buy in the Disney Parks. I believe that one featured all the parks in WDW.

Does anyone know where to purchase it online, or a seller the would purchase, "from the parks"?? LOKKING!!! Thanks Krista

Too funny!! I should have just read your email instead of searching through all my scrapbook stuff!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter