Disboards Crop Feb 4, 2011

Megan loves Wizards too! but watching AFV now and laughing up a storm!

Megan's biggest issue is her handwriting, its getting better if she takes her time....she never "hooked" her arm to write though and does hold her pencil correctly...just needs to get neat

Winner of Challenge 4: LoveMy3Kiddos- Congrats Erin!!!

Rebecca

Yay!!!! Thanks!! Hopefully I will not have anything going on next crop and be able to hang out the whole time! I know you posted this already...but what do I have to do for the next one? Is it going to be the first Friday evening again?

Megan loves Wizards too! but watching AFV now and laughing up a storm!

Megan's biggest issue is her handwriting, its getting better if she takes her time....she never "hooked" her arm to write though and does hold her pencil correctly...just needs to get neat

I don't hook either. Just never let her use erasable pens!!

LOL notebooks and binders are the worst!!!
I always had to flip my notebooks around and it drove the teachers nuts. And the desks at school attached to the chairs. UGH! Out of a school with 3000 students we had 3 lefty desks!

when they did have them - they were always on the left side of the room - I like to look over my paper instead of having it on the side

I am a numbers person- runs in the family- I understand there thinking.

I was doing fractions with the 3rd grade class I was subbing in today. The teachers had all been complaining that they kids were really haveing trouble getting it and I was wondering about it since I always thought fractions was one of the easiest units to teach- I generally doubled up those lessons so we could get through more before testing. But I realized I made my kids use fractions from the begining of the year. I never put persentage grades on their papers- it was always a fractional grade and I taught them during the first week of schoiol how they could convert it themselves if they wanted to (I would give them a letter grade as well). I guess they had been doing it enough by the time we got to fractions that it was easy to do them.

Rebecca

Ladies, it has been a pleasure! Enjoy yourselves. Bed time for me!! I actually had to work today after 4 snow days in a row-LOL

Well I am as cleaned up and put away as I am getting for tonight. I am not putting it all away just to drag it all out in the AM. Besides everyone will still be asleep when I get up so why make all that noise and wake them up? Nope I will leave it all out and enjoy some quiet scrap time by myself while the rest of my house snoozes. Good night all, I had fun tonight.

Cassey

Ohhh i think they forgot that was on. But they have been watching movies all day. ET was the pick before nemo.

This is just part one, part 2 will be on next Friday.

Dang it! So close! Congrats Buffy!

thanks! It was a tie though!!

when they did have them - they were always on the left side of the room - I like to look over my paper instead of having it on the side

I just turned the desk so I sat straight. They've gotten rid of those now. DS14 has a regular desk and chair now.

Yay!!!! Thanks!! Hopefully I will not have anything going on next crop and be able to hang out the whole time! I know you posted this already...but what do I have to do for the next one? Is it going to be the first Friday evening again?

You just need to pm me a list of 2-3 things to include in a challenge next month!

It should be on Friday night- we haven't discussed it as moderators yet and I may be away from home but other than not being at home it wouldn't be a big deal- I would be able to be a part of the crop the whole time even if I am away and we will have the date set before I know for sure if I am going. It will be a last minute thing if I am in MD for the next crop.

Rebecca

Oh...I don't hook either. It looks so uncomfortable! My arm and hand are straight and my writing is too. Didn't get great handwriting grades because of it. Not really fair the treatment us lefties get!! LOL

you're too quick! congrats!

do they still make those? whenever she colors with markers its all over her hand.

yep, they still make them. I hate those pens!!

Ladies, it has been a pleasure! Enjoy yourselves. Bed time for me!! I actually had to work today after 4 snow days in a row-LOL

Well I am as cleaned up and put away as I am getting for tonight. I am not putting it all away just to drag it all out in the AM. Besides everyone will still be asleep when I get up so why make all that noise and wake them up? Nope I will leave it all out and enjoy some quiet scrap time by myself while the rest of my house snoozes. Good night all, I had fun tonight.

Cassey

Thanks for a good night!

night all!!!! I'm staying up til DH gets home.

Hahaha!! Everybody now....B-I-N-G-O!!!!!

Thanks guys!! Have to get my wheels turning for the next crop!!

Cassey

good night ladies....hope someone is going to stay and keep me company, its only 9 for me popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter