Disboards Crop Feb 4, 2011

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Good Afternoon and Welcome to our Dis Crop!

Our Schedule- I will add in the actual challenges as the time for each arrives:

4pm- welcome to the crop- 1st challenge posted(not due until tomorrow)
Challenge 1- this is due by tomorrow morning at 11am- you have all night to finish it up.
You piece (card/layout/2 page layout) must contain each of the following:
1. song lyrics (can be as little or as much as you would like
2. journaling (or handwriting if a card)
3. 2 or more photos
4. 1 item that has a handmade touch (this could be a cricut piece you put together, a swap item someone made, a stamp you color in, just something you or someone took time to work on instead of everything being from a store.)

5pm- questionaire posted in 2nd post- please fill it in and post in the thread with your information- please title the post- when you are in the advanced view you can title any post- please title it with your disname so people can find each of them more easily

6pm- Bingo starts, 2nd challenge
2nd challenge Do each of the following on your item:
1. Use something sparkly/blingy
2. use a shape other than a square/rectangle
3. use 2 papers

8pm- 2nd challenge due

8:30pm- 3rd challenge:
Use each of these in your layout/card/piece:
1. swap item
2. have a border (can be built into the paper, sticker, a series of items, a piece of paper, anything)
3. an item that is emphasized (could be a lett in the title, one picture, your journalling, ect)
This challenge is due at 10:30pm

10:30pm- 3rd challenge due, 4th challenge posted
Challenge 4:
1. Use something leftover from doing other things
2. distress somthing (ink, tear, crumble, sand)
3. use a pattern somewhere (can be pattern paper or a pattern you make with embelishments, ect)

Due in 1 hour at 11:30

11:30pm- 4th challenge due

midnight- crop officially ends

Have fun!

Rebecca

Please answer as many of the following questions as you are comfortable with- if you can title the post with youre disboard name that would be great. See the first post for instructions.

Disboard Name:

Prefer to be called(on the boards):

When did you first start scrapping?

What got you started?

Why do you scrap?

Do you make simple or complex pages?

Do you like your handwriting?

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

What is your favorite scrap snack?

What place would you like to visit and scrap about?

Would you rather take pictures or be in them?

Give one word that best describes you.

Challenge1: Reddy

Challenge 2: wdwmickey

Challenge 3: disney-akj

Challenge 4: LoveMy3Kiddos

Bingo: BAMB

Rebecca

I'm here :yay:

I am going to be working on my album for my friend...

so each kid will get a 2 page LO....what are your suggestions for photo mat sizes?
I figure 2 or 3 - 4x6 and maybe a couple smaller ones?

I've never made a 12x12 album for anyone before..

I have the first challenge posted in the 1st post and will post it here as well:

Challenge 1- this is due by tomorrow morning at 11am- you have all night to finish it up.
You piece (card/layout/2 page layout) must contain each of the following:
1. song lyrics (can be as little or as much as you would like
2. journaling (or handwriting if a card)
3. 2 or more photos
4. 1 item that has a handmade touch (this could be a cricut piece you put together, a swap item someone made, a stamp you color in, just something you or someone took time to work on instead of everything being from a store.)

Rebecca

What is everyone working on tonight?

I will be working on my surprise swap items and a simple baby book.

Rebecca

I'm here! :wave:

I even moved my scrapping table from our master bedroom to our office/2nd bedroom!!!! (aka I mean business)

Now I am working on finishing one of my groups for the MK swap! I plan to get ALOT finished tonight! :thumbsup2

Hi all :)

I'm here, I'll be in and out for a while I still have groceries to put away.

I'm working on 2 weeks of project life, then Sarah's "puppy" book. I hope to finish it tonight so I can give it to her for her birthday next week. She got her puppy as an early Christmas gift in May and the puppy will be 1 year old on Valentine's day.

Hey Everyone!

I am currently working on DH's birthday card. I started early because I have to get it done before he gets home! lol

After that I need to work on the last 2 pages of the Irish Fest album and then on some random pages that I have ideas for.

Rebecca ~ what are you doing?? Are you going through my list of LOs that I need to do??? So you picked a challenge in regards to something I had in my notes to do at some point... guess I'll move it up on my list... it may be missing the photos for the challenge but I will order them next month..

Tonight: I'm working on some of the kids' sports pages... then I will sort and organize the photos I just ordered into their envelopes w/ notes to what sketches they go with..

Rebecca ~ what are you doing?? Are you going through my list of LOs that I need to do??? So you picked a challenge in regards to something I had in my notes to do at some point... guess I'll move it up on my list... it may be missing the photos for the challenge but I will order them next month..

Tonight: I'm working on some of the kids' sports pages... then I will sort and organize the photos I just ordered into their envelopes w/ notes to what sketches they go with..

The song lyrics were my idea...I love using songs on pages. :goodvibes

Reddy~ I've got my song already.. "There's gonna be days like this".. that is the part I keep singing to myself... it's a country song by Trace Adkins I think... I'll look it up for sure..

"Your Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins..

I am using Space Trucking by Deep Purple. The thing is, I do not really know the song, but I have some great photos of Jack playing "Space Man". Is it bad that my kid can write NASA, but has trouble with some letters of his name?! :lmao:

I work strictly in chronological order, so I am just trying to finish up a few stray 2004 layouts, complete all of the 2005 photos I have printed, and start thinking about 2006. I've got 5 layouts that I've been working on today that I will definitely be finishing up tonight........P

I'm skipping the first challenge!

so any thoughts on photo mats sizes for me to use ladies?

The song lyrics were my idea...I love using songs on pages. :goodvibes

Well you live close enough... you could have been looking! LOL Had you came this direction you could have helped me beat the ice off the roof of my van.. Got that done before I would drive it anywhere.. So afraid of someone getting hurt by flying ice chunks...

Well you live close enough... you could have been looking! LOL Had you came this direction you could have helped me beat the ice off the roof of my van.. Got that done before I would drive it anywhere.. So afraid of someone getting hurt by flying ice chunks...

Oh, that happened to me this morning! A huge chunk flew off the roof of the van in front of us. :eek: Thankfully we were able to stop before it hit us! Be safe lady!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter