DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge-Week 4! 5/7-5/13

BriarRose -- That's a beautiful LO.... I love the way you did the title down the page, and your sparkles across the middle -- nice job!

If you go to her blog and search for "dream trip" all of her Disney-inspired stuff will come up. I finally figured that out after trying to page through every page searching for all of them! I have them ALL downloaded now, so I don't have to search for them any more!!

Thanks for that tip! I just went and downloaded all of them, too. In case I ever get into this more. ;) Right now I'm just soaking up everyone's great LOs. :goodvibes

One of the techniques I learned from fellow DISers on this board was recoloring elements.... Up until a few weeks ago when I saw people recoloring Alphas, etc., I didn't realize you could do that.... Now I am a "recoloring maniac!" :)/QUOTE]

Can I ask a stupid question? What is the technique? I sort of know how to recolor in photoshop, but I don't know if I'm going about it right, or if there's an easier way. I'd love to hear how you guys recolor.

BriarRose Really nice LO! I like all the sparkles (and the crown element you put on your husband!) I will be PM'ing you the link soon.

kswm Regarding recoloring alphas. I don't have my PSE open right now so I don't know the exact term it's under. Look for a drop-down called "adjust color" which I THINK is under "enhance" Once you are at "adjust color" go to "adjust hue/saturation" Then you play with the sliders until you get the color you want.

Okay... here's mine for this challenge. I've had this idea bumping around in my head for a few days but just tonight got time to sit down and scrap it up. What I learned from this group of wonderful people is the idea of word art and using different fonts and such in word art.

25-Parasailing.jpg

Journaling: Joey and I went parasailing while we were at Castaway Cay. James was going to go with us but he decided to go on an excursion with the teens instead.

Credits:
Backpaper - Shabby Princess Moody Blues Blue Brushed Paper
Frames - Fayth - Playing with Dirt Cluster Frame
Bows - By God's Design - Laughing Zebra ribbons
Alpha - Shabby Princess Promise Collection
Word Art - my own creation and not in any kit (yet?)
Date - Britt-ish Designs Date Stamped
Straight Ribbon - Designs by Crazy Diamond Somewhere Beyond the Sea

Here is my LO. I know this doesn't look Disney related, but it really is! LOL You know what happens when you take a 6 month old to DL? Well, they happen to zonk out whenever and whereever. This is my dd2 when she zonked out in the stroller in the middle of all the excitement. So, although this would not be a pic I would scrap as part of our trip, it now works out perfectly! LOL And the song is "Baby Mine" from "Dumbo". I love this song and I used to sing it to my babies often.

As for what I have learned from other DIS-ers, well, Britt has taught me a lot about layering. And, the whole colorizing thing was taught to me by SUZI and Caitsmama. Thank you girls!

kara_babymine_web.jpg

Credits:
Background paper - "Black, White and Red All Over"
Circle Stitching - "Brown Eyed Girl"
Label, Glitter Swirls and Circle - "Dreams Do Come True"

Thanks for a fun challenge!

~*~ Geri ~*~

Christy and Suzi, thanks!

Hypermommy and carsmom, great layouts! Hypermommy, that looks like a whole lot of fun. Carsmom, I took my youngest for the first time when she was 14 months. I wouldn't do it again! My oldest daughter was 3 when we took her for the first time. I think that was my favorite age for the parks. Everything was new and exciting and she wasn't scared of any of the characters.

Whoo hoo! Another check off the 2006 Trip album!

What did I learn from y'all? Where all of the cool digi-Disney stuff is hiding, and how to recolor the eyelets found in that resource list.

Papers are from Scrap Girls, the Refresh collection
Mouse Eyelet from Scrapmonkey
Fonts were Pupcat and Euphorigenic S

I used my eraser tool to wear away the background paper, and edge the photos. I also tried out the magnetic lasso- pulled out the green hibiscus from the paper, enlarged it, and used it as an embellishment to fill in white space.

EnchantedTikiRoom_flat.jpg

Exciting to see your LOs this morning. You all have been busy working while I was sleeping last night!

Hypermommy As I said to Sahlink on her post the other day: I love Mary Poppins! Great job. Very creative how you cut each picture into the shape of a kite.

Carsmom Great job on the colorizing! It turned out well and is very appropriate with this dreamy/sleepy-time picture!

tgmousechick You used several effects here and I need to take some notes. Did you put the background paper over the entire LO and then erase parts of it so that your LO shows through? Or how did you do this? Biology Geek? That was my college major!

LoveGoofy Perfect song lyrics for those pictures! And all the sparkles work really well for that LO. I'm glad that we have Britt to design all those sparkly things for us. Great job!

Great LOs ladies! They all look so wonderful!! Carsmom, that has always been one of my favorite songs, especially since my eldest has Aspergers and doesn't really fit in with his peers. You know how some people march to the beat of their own drummer? Well, he has his own band that follows him around! So that song has always held a special place in my heart. Thanks for reminding me of it. I think I'm going to have to use it as a theme for something soon :-)

I just completed my Splash Mountain layout with lyrics from Laughing Place and Zip a Dee Do Dah:

SplashMtn1.jpg
SplashMtn2.jpg

Things I used that I learned from you all: recoloring elements and clustering... :)

Credits:
Paper - A Place Called Home by Misty Cato
Alpha - Really Rusted Alpha in Distressed Metals by Jenn Trippetti
Frames - Dirty Frames by Katie Pertiet
Photo Turn - Misty Cato (recolored)
Journal Strips - Date Bits 6 by Misty Cato
Bent Staple - Wise Guy by Janel Kretschman (recolored)

Another rockin' two-pager, Susan! I love it! Where is the alpha from? I love the song lines stapled to the photos. Nice touch. Great work!

Another rockin' two-pager, Susan! I love it! Where is the alpha from? I love the song lines stapled to the photos. Nice touch. Great work!

Thanks! Also, thanks for asking about the alpha. I totally forgot to give credit to Jenn. It's in a combo kit called Alpha Crazy! Distressed Metals. The kit contains three different alphas. I put a link in my post under the credits. I used the weathered copper in my Rollin' on the River layout a few weeks ago. Jenn is a friend of mine through a parenting board from way back. She does great work. I think the alpha looks more like wood here, but it's rusty when you look at one letter by itself. Don't you love versatility?

Thanks again. Have a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day!

p.s. My daughter just came home and told me I need to move the "my oh my" lyrics closer to Brer Rabbit since that's when he's singing it, so I moved it. LOL!

The base layer 1 was a spongy lavender paper, and layer 2 was the hibiscus paper. Layer 2 was placed on top of layer 1, and I used the eraser (selecting an ink blotchy shape) to rub away the hibiscus layer. I was expecting the hibiscus paper to be "erased" entirely, but rather, it appears that opacity is much reduced. It actually worked out better, IMHO. The same technique was used for the photo layers.

Geek is putting it mildly :) Technically the major was microbiology and genetics... However, the growing proficiency for PSE has helped me at work the last few days- I've been piecing together overlapping microscopy pictures to count cells. Add another layer to use the brush function to count cells (one pattern for positive cells, another pattern for negatives)- ROCKSTAR!!!! Better science through scrapbooking :)

tgmousechick You used several effects here and I need to take some notes. Did you put the background paper over the entire LO and then erase parts of it so that your LO shows through? Or how did you do this? Biology Geek? That was my college major!

Everyone's LOs are fantastic! Loving them all - they make me want to hope on a plane back to the magic! My brother goes next Sunday, maybe I can hide in a suitcase - ummm:thumbsup2

Here's mine:

Adreamisawish.jpg

Credits
First of all I learnt the text shaping from Brittney Leavitt

Brush - Katie Pertiet
Word Art - Ziggle Designs
Paper and Frame - Brittney Leavitt
Font - Century Gothic

tgmousechick, I love the Tiki Room too! I think the hibiscus paper worked perfect for this LO.

loveGoofy, there is just a special kind of magic in nighttime shots. I take a lot of them too. Your LO turned out really cute!

Susan, I like your song lyrics being on the little pieces of paper too. They fit right in with your theme. I would ride Splash more if you didn't get wet! I like the rest of the ride. I don't mind rain, but for some reason I don't like to get wet on a ride.

Bernie-Ann, what a cute picture of your family. I absolutely love the blue with the black florals and white butterflies. It looks great!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Rochelle

Just got back yesterday from our 9 day trip. I'm absolutely exhausted & need a vacation from my vacation! Took about 500 pictures plus 150 of photopass pictures- so I have a lot of pictures to scrap. :)

Everyone did a great job on the layouts- I love them all. Here's mine... done to the song they sing at the end of the Nemo ride in Epcot- "It's a big blue world". Love that little ditty so thought it would work well with my Nemo pics- What I learned & applied is to not put all my elements up to the edge so if I decide to bound these in shutterfly, my layouts don't get cropped!

Nemo.jpg

Paper and elements: Heather Rosseli's Oceania Kit
Font: Cheri

Susan I can see why you won the challenge last week. Your LOs have a simple elegance to them. I like the clean in lines with a bit of whimsy

Bernie Ann That blue is a great shade and looks just wonderful against the black embellishment!

Tinker Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! Our children enjoyed The Seas as well. You did a great job capturing it all in your LO. I like the added touch of the fish/turtle elements.

tgmousechick Thanks for sharing how you did that background/eraser trick. Hearing how you use your scrapbooking tools with your science was quite interesting. Who would have guessed that one could assist the other!

What cute LOs everyone!! Bernie, LOVE the brushing and the song! So sweet!! Very heartfelt!

Tinker - LOVE the LO! We don't have that ride at DL and its making my jealous!! Love NEMO!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter