DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge-Week 4! 5/7-5/13

Great layouts everyone! :)

The things I learned from here for the layout were where to find Britt's awesome kits and the link to Ikea Goddess for the Lindsay Jane stuff. :)

Main-Street-USA.jpg

Credits:
Red & White paper-Britt-ish Designs
Blue & Star paper-Lindsay Jane Designs
Star Swirl & Glitter Star-Lindsay Jane Designs
Stitching-Britt-ish Designs
Eyelet-TLC
Fonts-Disney Print, Walt Disney Script & Engravers MT

Amanda

Ok, so much for my big scrappin' weekend! LOL This is the only lo i did -- the weather was just too nice.. LOL

The thing i learned from others was about Britt-ish Designs.. I never knew about Britt til Jess put up that link - (my wallet thanks you Jess!! LOL) and now, Britt's kits are the main ingredient in my lo's!

Oh, and i also learned something else from Jess, When she did her shape in the spiral, and i asked how, then i played with my crop shapes and my papers - and did the heart shape with my crop tool and Britts paper - :)

This lo is all Britt's stuff - (the b.g. paper is from the new HS kit)
hakunamatatasm.jpg

Feedback, part II:

marileeh - You created a beautiful Beauty & the Beast layout. The colors you used are fabulous!

DisneyCruiser - Your colors are fabulous, too! I love the how you used the Monster's, Inc. font and all the fun elements you included. Great job!

pjpoobear - Love your layout of the Hollywood stars! They totally crack me up! You really did a great job capturing the fun!

labdogs - Incredible layout of your son and Mickey. Love, love, love it! Great job with all the elements you used. Awesome job!

Suzi - Really stunning Little Mermaid layout! Excellent photos, too! Fabulous!

Britt - What a fun layout! I always love your work and have learned so much from you! You rock, girl!

BriarRose - Precious layout with two gorgeous princesses! I really like your title and the touch of sparkles. Great work!

Carsmom - Your layout is so sweet! It made me want to go pull out my kids from those sleepy stroller days. You did a great job with everything including the lyrics, sparkles, etc!

Hypermommy - Your layouts are always so FUN and they never fail to make me smile! Love the song you used and the kite pics. Wonderful!

Tinker326 - Love your Nemo layout! That kit is perfect for Nemo layouts. I love what you did with the kit. Amazing!

Bernie-Ann - Great layout. I really like the simple beauty of your layout and the black and blue. Wonderful!

dznyscrapper - Love your Main Street layout! My family and I LOVE that song! I have a blog post with the lyrics.... love the opening of Magic Kingdom although we've only caught it once. (we aren't morning people) I've been mentally working on a layout with the lyrics and I really enjoyed seeing your take on the lyrics. Great work!

Caitsmama - I love your Hakuna Matata layout! It has such a fun and relaxing feel to it, which really conveys your message. I love the Mickey stitching in the back. Nice touch!

tgmousechick - Wow! Great work with all the techniques. Your layout is really creative!

LoveGoofy - Your parade layout rocks! Is that the Main Street Electrical Parade? Night-time pics are sometimeS hard to scrap, but you did an amazing job. Love the lyrics on the stars!

Dznyscrapper This is a really fun LO! Very spirited. Even your outfits coordinate with the LO!

Caitsmama Hakuna Matada is the perfect title for that picture of your DD. It is making me miss Disney! (although I never got to lounge in a hammock while we were there, but there's always next time . . . )

Susan You are so kind! You always have great things to say about every person's layout. Thank you for taking the time!

Amanda - that quote just tugged on my heartstrings. Anything Walt says does that. This page is WONDERFUL! I love it.

Caitsmama - LOVE this LO! That hammock picture is priceless!! GREAT WORK!

Wow! I can't believe how many wonderful LOs there have been! Do we not LOVE these DIS challenges??! hehehe

Well, I had never HEARD of digital scrapping before last week, but I saw labdogs42's link and I followed it over and I love it!
So, she is my "person whom I learned something from" as I am looking at her pages and seeing a world of scrapping I never knew existed!

Now, the song portion...Bella is WAY into the three caballeros right now, so that was a no brainer. I found out, after I laid out my page, that having IMAGES in mind may be a requirement! LOL I didn't have any good photos from the Mexico Pavilliion, so I chose one from Coronado Springs.

So, for my first try I had fun! It was time consuming. I can see where templates would make it easier and faster! Enough of my babble...here it is :)

SONGSCRAP.jpg

Well, I had never HEARD of digital scrapping before last week, but I saw labdogs42's link and I followed it over and I love it!
So, she is my "person whom I learned something from" as I am looking at her pages and seeing a world of scrapping I never knew existed!

Oh, cool! I have enabled someone else to try digital scrapping! I really only started recently, too. I'm so glad you decided to join in on our fun challenge!! :banana: Great job for a first layout, too!

WELCOME Sleepingbean -- very cute LO -- very creative titles, etc. especially for your first LO -- WOW! It does get much quicker and easier once you've done a few.... so you will be whipping them out in no time! :)

Hi Everyone!

I came here for inspiration - Wow! I came to the right place because everyone has done such a great job. I love seeing the different styles and ideas.

I finally pulled a page together for the challenge. I lost my Best Friend of 17 years to lung cancer - April of last year. She loved everything Disney and I have found that scrapbooking pictures of her helps me to heal.

The song is Remember the Magic

I wrapped the text around the perimeter - I read a post from Britt where she described how she did it.

Credits - Ribbon from Her Royal Highness - Britt-ish Designs
Pixie Dust - Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust -also Britt-ish Designs
Paper - Creative Memories Primary Power Pallette

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Jacinta-ForGood-Page001.jpg

disney_baby, that about has me in tears. I am sorry for your loss and I am glad you found a creative outlet to help in the healing.
That is so sad :(

-------

Thank you, ladies, for welcoming me! I can see this will be a very fun way to wait for our next vacation in NOVEMBER! :lovestruc

disney_baby, that about has me in tears. I am sorry for your loss and I am glad you found a creative outlet to help in the healing.
That is so sad :(

-------

Thank you, ladies, for welcoming me! I can see this will be a very fun way to wait for our next vacation in NOVEMBER! :lovestruc

Thank for your warm response! I am glad that you found the DIS Digital scrappers - have you checked out the flickr site? Britt started it and it is amazing to see a ton of Disney Layouts posted in one place. I don't get to spend that much time scrapbooking - but when I do - I come here to get inspiration.

Also - your first page is really cute! I love the feel of the page - almost like an old time poster or ad. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Sleepingbean, great LO! Your first??? That's hard to believe given how wonderful it looks.

DisneyBaby, beautiful page! Such a marvelous honor to your friend. The page leaves no doubt how much you love her.

disney_baby, no I haven't seen the flickr site, but I'd like to! Link please :goodvibes
It sounds very cool! I have been on Britt's site (great blog) is that it?

And it is supposed to look like the old poster, so I can't take too much credit...see what I mean?
SONGSCRAP.jpg

compare to
three_caballeros.jpg

So I just used the design of the old poster. I actually have a t-shirt with that poster image on it! LOL

Hypermommy, I think you are being TOO nice, but thank you. I have the advantage of knowing photoshop very well, so I know how to DO stuff, I just have never done any sort of scrapbooking before, so I don't know exactly how to make cool scrapbook pages. I make websites, but I don't think making a family scrapbook of website styled pages would excite anyone (well , maybe my techie dh, but not anyone else!) :laughing:

Here's the link to the flickr group!! Come join and post!

I LOVE that you took inspiration from the actual movie poster!! Hmm . . . I feel some ideas for a new challenge coming on! HAHAH!!

And Disney Baby! I commented on your LO at flickr, but I'll say it again. I LOVE this. It's so magical, so touching, such a great tribute. And isn't scrap therapy awesome?!!

I just went over and looked at many wonderful pages! Whoever nkathleena is, I love her style on the pages she submitted!

I can see many great ideas here!

I like the idea of doing one page a week. I am thinking I could just save whatever I do here with you all and after my next trip, I'll have a good base to start from (at one a week for 6 months, well, it's a start anyway!)

I may need to do two a week if I want to actually USE them for all the pictures I'll want to print when we get back from 2 weeks of Disney and the beach! :rotfl: That may be a bit too ambitious...but I digress...love the flikr group :)

Just about down to the wire again for my entry. Some of you may remember the old version of Journey Into Imagination at Epcot with Figment and Dreamfinder. My LO is from our 1985 trip to WDW. My kids were 9 and 13 at the time and they've always loved the old version the best...especially the old version of the song, One Little Spark. Hmm, can't do much about old scanned pictures, however.

There wasn't just one thing that I used that I learned from someone here. EVERYTHING I did, I learned from someone here. Just a few weeks ago, I didn't know that digital scrapping existed! Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.

Journey.jpg

Credits: Template, papers, etc. from Britt-ish Designs.
Fonts: One Stroke Script, Easy Street, SansBlack and Prototype Community 25

Great LO, Pooh! I remember the old Imagination ride and song. I loved that ride, too! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter