DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge-Week 4! 5/7-5/13

SUZI

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the 4th week of the DIS digi-scrappers challenge! Thanks to Britt, Caitsmama, and Labdogs for their great job hosting for the first 3 weeks. Now you are all stuck with me :rotfl2: But the good news is that the prizes are awesome!

The topic is: Disney song lyrics. Now I know that you have probably sang your share of various Disney songs, even when there is not a child around! I am asking you to create a LO that contains a Disney song lyric or exemplifies a Disney song lyric. Obviously, you don't need to type out the entire song; just a phrase is sufficient (unless you want more)

The other requirement is that you need to use "something" that you learned from another DIS digi-scrapper. This can be a LO idea, a technique, an element that a DIS-er linked, or whatever. If you can remember the digi-scrapper to give credit that would be great, but not required. But let us know what the "something" is.

For those of you who got tired of my long rambling instructions, here is a summary:
1. Disney song lyric
2. Something you learned from another DIS digi-scrapper

And now for the PRIZES
1. Two randomly selected winners will be rewarded with a kit (yes, a KIT!) from GG Designs at Scrap Matters!!! Thanks to GG Designs!
2. The participation prize: a wonderful paper pack!! Full of bold colors that are perfect for Disney scrapping. Thank you so much to Britt from British Designs for donating this prize!!
brittdes_ss_LRG.jpg

Now for the boring stuff:
1. The challenge ends 11:59 May 13th
2. I am leaving for work now and I don't have internet there (can you imagine that!!) Anyway, if there are any questions, I will answer them this evening. Likewise, I will PM the participation prize to you at the evenings on the days that I work (just letting you all know in case you are wondering where I am)

Have tons of Disney fun!

Oooh...my wheels are turning already...what song to pick...there are so many good ones...I can't wait to do this challenge!! :cool1:

What a great idea for a challenge!!! And what a wonderful participation prize... I love bright bold colors like that!!!! Hmmmmm... now comes that hard part.. what song to pick?

Oh, I thought of a question. Is it still a scrapbook page if you don't include pictures of your family? I mean, if some more general pictures would work for my page, does that still count? I guess it would becuase there was that fantastic layout that someone did recently with Britt's kit about POTC (can't remember who did it but it was marvelous!). So would that count?

I'm pretty sure it can be pics (or no pics for that matter)of anything as long as it's Disney related. If you mean my LO of the POTC ride, thanks! :goodvibes

Is there somewhere here where we can find some lyrics?

ohhhh.. i got my song already!!! Cool! Thanks for hosting and thanks to the ladies with the prizes!

Wen,i would just google Disney song lyrics

40mk.jpg

paper seebee's, comic strip by candycook, font draconia

Nice Stormy day here so a good day to scrap....
What i learned...Seebee's Theme Kits, they were the first Disney theme kit i had ever found and knew when i saw them that i would use them for our 2007 trip book...and it turned out great. now that i found brittish designs...those will be used for our 2009 trip.

Wow bookmom! You are speedy! Love the pirate song!! :)

Even though Suzi didn't specitfy, its an unspoken rule that our challenge LOs have to be Disney related! Just putting that out there since it didn't specify in the orig. post!! :) That's why we do these challenges! To get all those Disney photos SCRAPPED!! I know mine never end!!!!!!

This is going to be fun! I'm excited. Great idea for a challenge Suzi!

Oh and if anyone wants to go check out GG Designs' stuff to get you even more excited about the prize her stuff is HERE.

^^^^
I have a separate folder for Disney pics/scrapping supplies as well. I'm still sloooow though, lol!

I love to use Disney songs on layouts!

wdw2007poohparade.jpg

Not sure what I learned from anyone here on that one.

wdw2006spooh2.jpg

wdw2006spooh1.jpg

I learned about those freebies from Chris (Seebee) on her blog. :D

wdw2006ssmallworld.jpg

Not sure what I learned from anyone on that one either.

wdw2006shm.jpg

I learned to dirty up pictures on that one. The real HM wall is bright and spotless.

It's really hard to say what I've learned from others. You pick things up here and there and you don't realize where you pick them up, you just sort of file them in your brain for later use. I know I've learned new ideas from many of you here on my LOs, but I couldn't say what or when for any of them!

I like using songs, I may do another. My big ole grid Small World LO (it's at flickr and in that huge Digi LO thread) also has the song too. I think that's my full collection of song LOs! I didn't make link clicks for credits, sorry. You can always ask and I can dig them up. :)

I like this one alot, Disney music brings so many of the memories right back.
Will get to it as soon as I get home.

Pj

I love the Disney songs!!! Can't wait to start on this LO...of course, it will be perfect if SUZI shares her secrets on how to only colorize the circular areas in her LO as she did for last week's challenge. I have limited knowledge on this whole colorizing thing and would love to know how. You can PM me so that we don't take up space on the actual challenge thread. Thanks!

Okay, now, I know on the surface this doesn't look like a Disney LO, but it SO IS! In June my DH and I are doing the Adventures by Disney trip to London/Paris so I thought I would use this challenge to sort of pre-scrap. I know there are no obvious ears in the LO, but I hope it still counts!

What I learned from my Dis scrapping girls, hhhhmmm, pretty much everything! But on this LO I've learned that a template is really more like a guideline than a rule. I'm very color inside the lines, you know. So I like looking at other people's LOs because it reminds me that I can put a ribbon where I want, even if the designer didn't put one there to start with. I bet that seems so obvious! LOL

My song is "The Bells of Notre Dame" from Huntchback. I tought I was going to use "Out There" as I love that song, but Bells goes so much more with the LO.

Credits are: Papers from dreaming freebie kit by graziela mendes and template from mandagirl creations, placeholder photos from fliker.

NotreDamecopy.jpg

here's my entry! now after looking at the other layouts, i've got 'it's a small world' stuck in my head!!! :lmao: What have I learned.......my DSIL is tinker0326, and I blame her for getting me addicted to digiscrapping in the first place, so everything I know, I learned it from her!

Credits-red alpha by Saskia Bokkers, everything else is from a kit called Full of Team Spirit by rmw creations

HSM-1.jpg

Here is my entry:

I just started digitally scrapbooking about two weeks ago, and learn pretty much everything with everyone here!! Especially the shading and embossing like I used here:

Spoonfulofsugarprint.jpg

(ahh... right after I posted I realize spoonful is spelled wrong.. I am going to upload a new one later.)

I love the Disney songs!!! Can't wait to start on this LO...of course, it will be perfect if SUZI shares her secrets on how to only colorize the circular areas in her LO as she did for last week's challenge. I have limited knowledge on this whole colorizing thing and would love to know how. You can PM me so that we don't take up space on the actual challenge thread. Thanks!

No, don't PM... share with all of us. Remember, there's newbies like me out here that could use the knowledge.

Ok, i am not the person who the question was directed to, but if you are looking at just coloring certian parts of a pic, there is an easy way to do it -
(I use PSE5)
1. open your pic
2. duplicate it
3. turn one of the copies to b/w
4. then, select the b/w copy, and layer it over the color copy. (Control A to select, then Copy, then paste over the color photo copy.)
5. Then, use your "eraser" tool - and erase the b/w copy where you want the color to show up, so you will be erasing the b/w layer to revel the color layer.

6. THEN, merge (flatten) the 2 pics together - DON'T merge them before b/c it will make it one pic, and you won't be able to erase the b/w layer. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter