CKC Valley Forge... Leaving Today!!!!!!!!!!

There really wasn't anything close by, like walking distance in the way of a Wawa or anything like that.

So funny to see a reference to a WaWa - you must be from the area - we are the only ones who know what a WaWa is!

I traveled for 9 years for work and when I'd mention a wawa people thought I was nuts!

I'll talk to him tonight, maybe he will come with me! He can visit friends and go to Valley Forge with the boys.

Philly Zoo and the historical stuff (not same place) is about half an hour away from Valley Forge if you convince him to join with the boys. Lots to do around there. HUGE shopping in King of Prussia but that's probably not the top of the boys' lists....

Wawa here? Not on your life! Chucky's Mobil rules in New England.

Nah, I'm from South Jersey and there is a brand spankin' new Wawa near my grandma's house. We frequent the Wawa for late night ice cream runs. :thumbsup2

Philly Zoo and the historical stuff (not same place) is about half an hour away from Valley Forge if you convince him to join with the boys. Lots to do around there. HUGE shopping in King of Prussia but that's probably not the top of the boys' lists....

Love love love King of Prussia, mom remembers when it was a rinky dink mall but the only place to go back to school shopping.

But DH on his own, out in public, with 4 kids, fat chance! LOL
We have some friends that live near KoP mall and they have 2 boys, they can hang. Still haven't talked to him much tonight though so I have no idea where he'll be that week. If I can't go then I will try for next year.

Wawa here? Not on your life! Chucky's Mobil rules in New England.

Nah, I'm from South Jersey and there is a brand spankin' new Wawa near my grandma's house. We frequent the Wawa for late night ice cream runs. :thumbsup2

Mobil sounds about right. I did a lot of work in the CT area.

Where in South Jersey (have I asked this before?).

There are brand spankin' new SUPER Wawas going up all over the place - we are getting one right at the corner (right next to the fabulous new target and Michael's!)

Cape May Courthouse, and I'm not sure if it was you or someone else from Jersey that had asked. We only lived there til I was 4 (military) but Mom is from there so we visit her family in the summer. In fact she is headed down on Sat. We hang in Wildwood, Rio Grande area. My aunt used to own an italian bakery in Wildwood, so we hit the boardwalk all the time and we like to go into Cape May to shop. We also eat at this fab little seafood place in Cape May, Dry Dock is the name I think. Apparently we went there a lot when I was little so we go back every summer to eat there.

Super Wawa, is that the ones with the Subway inside? that is the one we got.

Well that's about as 'South' Jersey as you can get! I don't think it was me - I would have rememberd a shore town. I'm about 45 min north/west of that - half hour from Philly. The super wawas near us have gas stations and more inside but I've never seen one with a subway yet - of course I try to stay out for fear of buying tastykakes!

wooohoooo! Can't wait! :banana:

Don't forget to email me if you want to join the lunch meat meet-up on Friday! :rotfl2:

So, are we all wearing our LGMH's? I'll have mine and my big Mickey Icon earrings on...and scrapbook buttons on my bags.

Debbie, pm'd you back - have you & friend on the DIS meat meet! :lmao:

dare I confess to not having a LGMH?

somewhere I have the paintchips but I never got around to doing anything with them

Debbie, pm'd you back - have you & friend on the DIS meat meet! :lmao:

dare I confess to not having a LGMH?

somewhere I have the paintchips but I never got around to doing anything with them

I don't have one either - I'm sure I can get one or worst case find some similarly lime green paper and cut out a head with the cricut right?

How are you wearing them? And do you just walk up to people with them at something like this or will I look like a stalker?

I wrote my DIS name on mine, and made it into a pin. Honestly, I can't find it since our cruise, so I have to get another few. I want to pin some on my bags...

As for stalker...nah. I mean, how many people go around with LGMH's pinned to their bags or bodies? I'll be thrilled if someone says "Hi" :teeth:

At least with the LGMH you can be pretty sure you're approaching a DIS'er. Last year I went up to someone wearing a lime green T-shirt & asked if she was a DIS'er. (She'd been kind of staring at me for a few minutes - trying to get a look at the LGMH tag on my bag.) It turned out she was not only NOT a DIS'er, but she already thought I was weird because of my tag! :lmao: She couldn't get away from me fast enough!

A few minutes later Nicurn came up to me & introduced herself so I didn't have long to think about feeling weird. ;) (I was looking for Nicurn at the time I spoke to the other lady.)

Hey - did you all decide where you're meeting for lunch? I haven't kept up with this thread. If it's an outside picnic I wouldn't be able to meet you (I have problems being in the sun & heat plus allergic to bees :rolleyes: ) but have been tossing around the idea of popping over just for the vendor fair.

Hey - did you all decide where you're meeting for lunch? I haven't kept up with this thread. If it's an outside picnic I wouldn't be able to meet you (I have problems being in the sun & heat plus allergic to bees :rolleyes: ) but have been tossing around the idea of popping over just for the vendor fair.

My friend and I are going to scope out the place on Thursday. I remember there being a really nice lounge area with a coffee table and huge chairs. We will probably end up there...that's where I ate my snack last year. If you can't do outside, then we wont do outside.

Last year I met Tiggerdisney for about a min before class...I haven't seen her around the board this year though. Too funny about the lime green shirt...I saw alot of people with LG items last year too...I kept thinking DISer? I agree, we are safe with the Mickey head...even if we look a little weird. Maybe we should be DIS Diva Princesses...give them really something to look at...now where did I put that tiara? princess:

I seem to remember the rep from Lickety Split Scrapbooks saying that the Disney board books are limited quanties. I know the Chip and Dale was last years "model". I don't know if they'll have extras in the booth. (Boy isn't that a happy piece of info...)

Anyway, I am going too! With my MIL - Daisydu. We are only going on Saturday though. I am taking a class (Brag in a Bag) on Friday night because a friend is teaching it. But we are planning on shopping all day Saturaday and then staying for the crop. Was there any talk about getting together on Sat? I'd love to meet up somewhere.

There isn't really a very close WaWa. (shocker!) The mall isn't too far away. Valley Forge is across the street (more or less). My house is about 15 minutes away. :) Let me know if there is any Saturday interest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter