CKC Valley Forge... Leaving Today!!!!!!!!!!

I was planning on having lunch INSIDE ~ it's been too hot out, though yesterday and today weren't bad.

I may be able to run down for a meet on Saturday, not sure.

I'm arriving wednesday night, and leaving sat night. if anyone wants to meet for dinner any night, let me know. I am taking classes all day friday, so I am not sure if I can meet for lunch.
Valerie

Was there any talk about getting together on Sat? I'd love to meet up somewhere.

My house is about 15 minutes away. :) Let me know if there is any Saturday interest!

Dinner at Mickster's on Saturday....wow, that's really nice of you :lmao: just kidding
(I really crack myself up...)

We don't have any plans for Saturday yet (that I can remember anyway. The mind is gone these days). Anyone know if the restaurants at the hotel are any good? Or is there an Applebys or a buffet or something close? We are going to the Saturday crop too (if I can still walk by then). So early dinner would be great if you guys want to meet up. My last class ends at 4:40, not sure what my friend's classes are though...

I got my punches and distress inks packed and ready to go. I'm going to the beach on Monday afternoon, so I can't pull my crop stuff till next week. :banana:

There is a Chili's near the mall as well as many restaurants inside the mall. Nothing within walking distance (I just typed Disney instead of distance (did it again!) I think I need more sleep!!:rolleyes1 ). Unless we eat at the hotel and I seem to remember they are not bad, but pretty crowded. We (my MIL and I) we able to get seated though. One of us got our names in as the other finished a class. Worked perfectly!

I won't be able to pop over on Saturday. DD (16) is being admitted to rehab for her migraines on Wednesday - tentatively. (Long story, they never got the pre-auth we've been waiting over 6 weeks to hear about. :rolleyes: ) Anyway, she's not thrilled about it - they initially told her 3 days & now are saying 3 to 4 weeks!! :eeek: I'll be down with her on Saturday if she actually gets there.

But Friday looks good since DH has to work & I'm not too thrilled with driving down on the Sure-Kill Expressway myself, so we'll go down in the evening to see her.

I guess it would be better to stick around the hotel. Sounds good for dinner on Saturday. I'll PM you my cell, and we can make sure we are at the same place... Anyone else want to do dinner with us? They are all going to wonder why we all have LGMH's...

Too funny!

I won't be able to pop over on Saturday. DD (16) is being admitted to rehab for her migraines on Wednesday - tentatively. (Long story, they never got the pre-auth we've been waiting over 6 weeks to hear about. :rolleyes: ) Anyway, she's not thrilled about it - they initially told her 3 days & now are saying 3 to 4 weeks!! :eeek: I'll be down with her on Saturday if she actually gets there.

But Friday looks good since DH has to work & I'm not too thrilled with driving down on the Sure-Kill Expressway myself, so we'll go down in the evening to see her.

Oh! I hope they can give DD some relief! My DS19 has had migraines since he was a baby...so sad to see him crying and saying "boo boo head"... He has found some patterns with them, and has gotten better as he is older. Hope DD feels better, those things are so debilitating!

Friday is good :thumbsup2 ...dinner too?

OK, so people who have met before at these things...how do you remember to call everyone by name and not DIS name? :rotfl2:

see, now that's where having an uncreative screen name comes in handy :lmao:

Oh! I hope they can give DD some relief! My DS19 has had migraines since he was a baby...so sad to see him crying and saying "boo boo head"... He has found some patterns with them, and has gotten better as he is older. Hope DD feels better, those things are so debilitating!

Friday is good :thumbsup2 ...dinner too?

OK, so people who have met before at these things...how do you remember to call everyone by name and not DIS name? :rotfl2:

Probably just lunch time for me as we only have one car. I don't think DH would enjoy spending the evening at work so I can come play with my DIS friends. :rolleyes1 He just doesn't get the whole "Internet friends" thing. :rotfl:

As for the names - I didn't find it too difficult to remember the real names for the other ladies once we talked a few minutes. However, there were a couple people that still called me Piratesmate. ;)

re: DD - Sadly, they don't actually think they can give her any relief. The purpose is to help her learn to "live with the pain" - evidently what she's been doing for the past 18 mos doesn't count. :rolleyes: As you can tell, I'm very frustrated with the whole thing! There's no pattern to them really...no food triggers, not hormones... They can't find the cause & literally NONE of the meds have worked - either the preventative or onset drugs.

She's had migraines since she was 6 & unfortunately for her they run in both DH's & my family. A year ago in Feb she got what seemed like a "normal" migraine, but 3 days later it still hadn't gone away. That's when we started seeing doctors. They're calling it "transformed migraine" now - pretty much the same symptoms but without the nausea/vomiting. She was pain free last July & most of August, but it started again 3 days into the school year. She's been on homebound instruction since then.

Probably just lunch time for me as we only have one car. I don't think DH would enjoy spending the evening at work so I can come play with my DIS friends. :rolleyes1 He just doesn't get the whole "Internet friends" thing. :rotfl:

re: DD - Sadly, they don't actually think they can give her any relief. The purpose is to help her learn to "live with the pain" - evidently what she's been doing for the past 18 mos doesn't count. :rolleyes: As you can tell, I'm very frustrated with the whole thing! There's no pattern to them really...no food triggers, not hormones... They can't find the cause & literally NONE of the meds have worked - either the preventative or onset drugs.

She's had migraines since she was 6 & unfortunately for her they run in both DH's & my family. A year ago in Feb she got what seemed like a "normal" migraine, but 3 days later it still hadn't gone away. That's when we started seeing doctors. They're calling it "transformed migraine" now - pretty much the same symptoms but without the nausea/vomiting. She was pain free last July & most of August, but it started again 3 days into the school year. She's been on homebound instruction since then.

I can imagine how frustrated you are! Poor DD, hope rehab is a help! :grouphug:

My DH just rolls his eyes when I walk about my DIS friends... and my kids call me "DISboard Deb"... but they all agree that we never would have had the amazing vacations we have had if I didn't have such a great wealth of info from all the DISers. :goodvibes

You'll have to find something to occupy DH for the evening, so you can stay for dinner too :lmao:

My younger brother (16) is having the same problem and we have been trying different medicines for him. I feel for your daughter and understand what you are going through (he is living with us for the summer). In fact the headaches have gotten bad enough to blur his vision.

Rebecca

Sorry, couldn't help but drop in to your thread! I am counting the hours until I get to Valley Forge on Thursday. I have been looking forward to this year's convention for a number of reasons. We are staying for 2 nights and cropping both nights with classes Friday and Saturday. I spent all last night organizating my tote and I'm packing my bags tomorrow! I just have to keep telling myself "take it easy on the credit card, take it easy on the credit card!".

Wow, you are way ahead of me. I'm planning on packing on Wednesday. I still don't know what to bring to the crop...

Okay, I'm about 1 1/2 from Valley Forge and I'm not really interested in going to a crop or taking classes but would be interested in just seeing the booths and what's new. To those of you who have gone to these before:
1. If I go on Saturday, will it be seriously a mob scene? I'm not fond of big crowds.
2. Can I just go and check out the booths or do I have to crop and take classes?
3. If DH goes along, is there anything for him to do? :rolleyes1 It's my birthday and he knows I'd like to do this but I feel guilty dragging him along though I don't want to go alone. And no, none of my friends scrap.
Sorry for all the questions but I'm really on the fence.

Okay, I'm about 1 1/2 from Valley Forge and I'm not really interested in going to a crop or taking classes but would be interested in just seeing the booths and what's new. To those of you who have gone to these before:
1. If I go on Saturday, will it be seriously a mob scene? I'm not fond of big crowds.
2. Can I just go and check out the booths or do I have to crop and take classes?
3. If DH goes along, is there anything for him to do? :rolleyes1 It's my birthday and he knows I'd like to do this but I feel guilty dragging him along though I don't want to go alone. And no, none of my friends scrap.
Sorry for all the questions but I'm really on the fence.

I can't answer to if it's crowded on Saturdays, I haven't been when the vendor faire is open.

I think you can just get a pass for the vendor faire, without taking any classes.

DH can watch all the women rushing to class :lmao: Seriously, the King of Prussia mall is very close...The King Tut exhibit is in Philly too...just a couple of things.

Last year Friday was much worse than Saturday in the Vendor Fair area. It was absolutely mobbed on Fri...I walk with a cane & found it difficult at best...people kicking the cane out from under me, trying to keep from planting it on someone else's foot, etc. Getting close enough to look at things was kind of nuts too.

Saturday it was much easier to both move around & see things - but there was much less to see on Saturday...lots of things sold out!

Yes, you can get a pass just for the vendors - at least you could last year.

Also, last year there was a billiards expo/fair on a different level. Your DH could check to see if something else is going on in the building...as I recall they were selling beer at that expo. ;)

If he's a history buff, Valley Forge Park is right across the street and that mall is like a city! I'm sure there's something there for him to look at. ;)

Also, I doubt now that I'm going to be able to make it for lunch on Friday. If you post when & where I'll just bring a sandwich along if I can make it. DD is still in the hospital & is probably staying over the weekend. I wouldn't feel right coming to KofP and then not going to see her. DH is refusing to go down to the city on Friday & I don't drive the Schuylkill. :(

1 MORE DAY!!!

Finally....it's almost here. I would love to get some cell phone numbers together and make a list for everyone. If you would like to be on the list, please PM your number to me (along with your real name). I'll print it off tomorrow before I leave and bring a bunch of copies for everyone.
(disclaimer: This list will be used for location purposes only, and not to totally harass anyone...well, maybe not totally :lmao: )

PS- if I already have your number and you want off the list, please let me know that too...don't want to put out info...ykwim?

Plan for today-

1. Try to get the ABC swap finished and ready to mail tomorrow.

2. Pack up things to take for crops.

3. Check supply lists and gather items.

Plan for tomorrow-

1. Pack clothes and stuffs. :)

2. PO (hopefully), bank. :teeth:

3. Gas up the car. :yay:

4. Drive NORTH!!!!:banana:

5. Check in room.:banana: :banana:

6. Dinner with available DIS buds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!party:

7. AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :dance3:

Also, I doubt now that I'm going to be able to make it for lunch on Friday. If you post when & where I'll just bring a sandwich along if I can make it. DD is still in the hospital & is probably staying over the weekend. I wouldn't feel right coming to KofP and then not going to see her. DH is refusing to go down to the city on Friday & I don't drive the Schuylkill. :(

Totally understandable! Poor DD, still in hospital, that stinks! :wizard: sending PD. Hope she feels better soon!!

I think we are still up in the air about time and location. I'm not taking my puter, so I'll be strictly cell phone this weekend. Sending you a PM with my number...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter