• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

I will be working at home all day Thursday (I know, who cares? :rolleyes1 and taking 2 classes in the evening. Then I have 1 class in the am on Friday and then shopping for a few hours :cloud9: . Then I have to work Friday afternoon. I am coming back for the crop. I don't know if I will have time to stay for lunch, but I will try. My DH is working from home in the am on Friday and he may have to go into work. :rolleyes1 I, also, live very close so I could bring something, but I don't want to promise anything cold, since I will already be there. I could do dessert or something... :)

Try this:

open spreadsheet
Alt-R
Page Setup
change to Landscape (It may now be set to Landscape - not sure)
OK
Ctrl-P

however ~ it did not print the color highlighting!!!:headache:

Try this:

open spreadsheet
Alt-R
Page Setup
change to Landscape (It may now be set to Landscape - not sure)
OK
Ctrl-P

I tried setting it to landscape...it still only printed part of the sheet :confused3

Thank you so much for doing this. It will be great to meet fellow Dis board members. I will have to make sure to place my tag on my bag tonight so that I don't forget before I go.
Angie

Thank you so much for doing this. It will be great to meet fellow Dis board members. I will have to make sure to place my tag on my bag tonight so that I don't forget before I go.
Angie

Hi Angie:wave2:

I'm from Delaware too, and so are the 3 friends I'm going up with! "It's a small world after all" :rolleyes1

Okay ladies, I'm coming to you for help. I have been hemming and hawing about going to Valley Forge. I did register for a number of classes on Saturday and the crops on Friday and Saturday. I've been thinking of making up an excuse not to go and even tried to cancel but registration was closed.

Over the past 3 years I've always gone with one friend. But because I was so up in the air this year, she invited her cousin (who I have never met) and they will be there from Thursday afternoon on. We are all sharing a room. I would have gone Thursday but Friday is my birthday and just needed to be able to see my kids that day. I've been going thru breast cancer treatment for the past 2 1/2 years and when registration opened I was not feeling well from my treatment. Fast foward a few months and I'm feeling much better. Now my problem - I'm just not that excited to go. I haven't touched my scrapbooking stuff in almost a year. I did just buy a storage cart that will help me to better organize but I just can't get started. Now with 4 days to go I have to figure out what to take with me. I have plenty of WDW stuff to scrap (we've been 3 times in the past year) plus other pictures (i.e., First Holy Communion, Xmas, birthdays, etc.)

So other than packing the usual tools, how do you get ready for weekends like this? Any tips, advice, words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marge

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

I would go thru the pics and pick out papers and cardstock you think you would use and then all your basic tools. You can do the embellishments when you get home. Hopefully you will get plenty of inspiration at the show!

4 days!!!
dancing%20smiley.gif

Okay ladies, I'm coming to you for help. I have been hemming and hawing about going to Valley Forge. I did register for a number of classes on Saturday and the crops on Friday and Saturday. I've been thinking of making up an excuse not to go and even tried to cancel but registration was closed.

Over the past 3 years I've always gone with one friend. But because I was so up in the air this year, she invited her cousin (who I have never met) and they will be there from Thursday afternoon on. We are all sharing a room. I would have gone Thursday but Friday is my birthday and just needed to be able to see my kids that day. I've been going thru breast cancer treatment for the past 2 1/2 years and when registration opened I was not feeling well from my treatment. Fast foward a few months and I'm feeling much better. Now my problem - I'm just not that excited to go. I haven't touched my scrapbooking stuff in almost a year. I did just buy a storage cart that will help me to better organize but I just can't get started. Now with 4 days to go I have to figure out what to take with me. I have plenty of WDW stuff to scrap (we've been 3 times in the past year) plus other pictures (i.e., First Holy Communion, Xmas, birthdays, etc.)

So other than packing the usual tools, how do you get ready for weekends like this? Any tips, advice, words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marge

Sorry to hear about what you've been through, but so happy to hear you are doing well. Let me put your mind at ease about the convention. When I went a few years ago, I spent hours gathering my supplies, fretting over what pics to bring, and so on. I ended up not adding any pics to any of my class projects during the convention, as there is no need to.

I am not a crop-style scrapper, meaning, I need to be able to think and concentrate when I'm doing layouts, so doing them with a bunch of people and noise around is not an option for me.

There is absolutely no necessity to bring pics with you, nor alot of supplies. I rarely finished a project during the class, as they move very fast, and I'm an experienced scrapper. I got the basics done, they give you instructions, I took digital pics of the completed samples, and I added my pics when I completed the project at home. Just make sure you don't glue down anything where a pic may go.

All you really need to bring are scissors, glue, and a ruler, maybe a darkish stamp pad, and that's about it. If you can fit a paper cutter in your bag that could be helpful, but most of the papers included in the projects I did were already pre-cut.

I really had my best times while shopping, so that is pretty much what I am going for this year. There's usually demos going on out in the shopping area, and I was so busy in classes when I last went that I missed alot of that.

Were the classes fun? Yes, they were, but you absolutely can finish up and do the majority of your project when you get home. Go and have a good time!

Thanks,

Marge

Hi Marge!! Happy Birthday!! Mine is Sunday :teeth:

So, I've been thinking about what you're feeling, and it is totally understandable. Even though you have to force yourself to get there, it will be good for the soul (IMHO). You are going to have a great time... It's always nice to get away and have fun with a group of friends...new and old...

As for what to pack, the basic supplies, and any extras that you need for the classes you signed up for. I also brought a plastic paper carrier with handles (walmart) that I kept in my carry tote. It kept class projects from getting messed up, and any paper I bought made it back to the room in one piece.

For packing projects for the crop, as was mentioned, you can always finish class projects that you didn't get done... For album pages, I would do some power crop organizing over the next few days... pics, papers, some embellies, all in a page protector ready to go...then you just sit and scrap...

If you like mini albums...Lickety Split has the CUTEST...and they have several Disney ones, in a kit, and it would be fun to do one of those at the crop too...

And we will be at the LGMH crop tables on Friday and Saturday nights...

No they are not going at all now....so I am on my own.

If you want to send me your contact info, I'll put you on the list, and we can get in touch when you come up. Are you staying at the Scanticon or the Raddison?

Do you think you will be able to stop by at lunch for the DIS Meat Meet? After that I have the clipboard class with you I think :cool1:

I will be there too! I am fairly new to these boards (in the creative community) so don't know anyone. :confused3

I will be working in a booth dollarscrapbooking.net. I'll have to go back and read through this thread to see if we are supposed to identify ourselves somehow.

Also as a side note, I just opened up a scrapbook retreat house in Berks County near Hamburg. I would love to host some kind of a DISers retreat for a weekend! I hadn't realized how many were from the northeast!

I got coupons in my email today!!!!

The meat meet will start around 11:45 and last until approx 1:15.

Debbie~ I was thinking I could just wheel in the entire cooler and then when were were done we could wheel it to your room until dinner. We both have classes at 1:50. Does that work for you???

I would love to join you for the meat meet....is there something you would like me to bring?

I will be there too! I am fairly new to these boards (in the creative community) so don't know anyone. :confused3

I will be working in a booth dollarscrapbooking.net. I'll have to go back and read through this thread to see if we are supposed to identify ourselves somehow.

Also as a side note, I just opened up a scrapbook retreat house in Berks County near Hamburg. I would love to host some kind of a DISers retreat for a weekend! I hadn't realized how many were from the northeast!

YAY!!! :yay: So glad people are finding this thread! Identify yourself by a LGMH... I have a bunch on my totes and stuff...

Are you working the whole thing? If not, MarlynnP is the Keeper of the Class List. She has a spread sheet of all our classes so we can see if there are any DIS Buds in the class with us. If you want to be added, just send her a PM. She is also doing a DIS Meat Meet for lunch on Friday if you can make that.

I have the contact list, so if you want to send me your info, I'll get you added...but we know where to find you now...he he he...

Are you doing the crops? We will have LGMH balloons on the tables Friday and Saturday, so if you want to sit with us, or stop by if you are with a different group!

As for your retreat...sign me up!! I know a bunch are going to SDV at Disney in August, but a DIS retreat would be fun!!

Anyway, peek and poke around the creative community, swap with us (there is some amazing talent around here!), and introduce yourself. It's a great group of people here!

Hey! I'm in Berks too. I'm in Exeter Twp, near Oley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter