Boardwalk Villas decor

sorry, I never came back to report because we got one of the rooms that hadn't been refurbished yet. so, IMO, we were lucky! we were very relieved to have a studio without the ..IMO.. stupid fold down table right in the walkway. I still think that is the most stupid design ever! a table in a room is NEVER a temporary thing! people use them to set things down on , and LEAVE things down on.

I still think that is the most stupid design ever! a table in a room is NEVER a temporary thing! people use them to set things down on , and LEAVE things down on.

Agree 100%. Fortunately for us we aren't traveling with little ones right now that would use the bed. Even without using bed its location in front of the TV is not well thought out.

stupid fold down table right in the walkway. I still think that is the most stupid design ever! a table in a room is NEVER a temporary thing! people use them to set things down on , and LEAVE things down on.

Two comments:

1) The new table doesn't appear to stick out any more than the old round table & chairs. The Murphy Bed to which it is mounted sticks out less than 1' from the wall and the table itself is only about 18". Its location is the same as it has always been in Dedicated Studio villas, although it did move closer to the connecting door in lockoffs.

2) It doesn't have to be used as a bed. If you just want the table, leave it as a table.

I realize it's a change and there's natural opposition to change. And certainly the design of the piece itself is unique. But from a functional standpoint, the new table works as well as the old with regard to being a flat surface to hold stuff.

This change brings versatility to the room. I cannot see myself filling this room with a party of 5. In fact, our immediate family only has 4 members and we usually book One Bedroom villas. However, should we decide to book a Studio, it's nice knowing that my 14 year old and 12 year old would no longer have to share the sleeper sofa.

And if we don't need the Murphy Bed, then we'll have the table available throughout our stay. A table which functions just as well as all of the other (forgettable) round tables which populate hotel rooms around the world.

well, sorry but I disagree. the round tables are against the wall, set back. .the fold out table def. blocks a part of the "aisle". if someone doesn't like a particular new thing, it does not mean they are against "change" in general. I don't like the new dising. at all. the beds that pulled out fro the other beds (trundle) were better. and the chairs will be sticking out also.
my husband has low vision and I know he will bump into the pull out table numerous times. or the chairs. we like the round table, set back.. he puts something there and he knows where he left it and where it is.

well, sorry but I disagree. the round tables are against the wall, set back. .the fold out table def. blocks a part of the "aisle". if someone doesn't like a particular new thing, it does not mean they are against "change" in general. I don't like the new dising. at all. the beds that pulled out fro the other beds (trundle) were better. and the chairs will be sticking out also.
my husband has low vision and I know he will bump into the pull out table numerous times. or the chairs. we like the round table, set back.. he puts something there and he knows where he left it and where it is.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone had to like it. But from a big-picture, decision-making standpoint, I suspect the decision to go with this setup was a very easy one to make. Again, flexibility is key. More sleeping capacity for either a 5th guest or to bring some separation between the 3rd and 4th who otherwise would have been forced to share. Plus a table remains in the room.

(It is worth pointing out that if you aren't going to use the fold-down bed, there's plenty of surface space on its frame and the top of the new dresser piece to store loose articles. Then you could fold down the table, push the chairs off to the side and it would take up even less space than the old round table & chairs.)

we prefer a permanent table against the wall, out of the way, with chairs we don't have to "push aside" and drawers for our clothes. guess we're out of luck

I didn't mean to imply that everyone had to like it. But from a big-picture, decision-making standpoint, I suspect the decision to go with this setup was a very easy one to make. Again, flexibility is key. More sleeping capacity for either a 5th guest or to bring some separation between the 3rd and 4th who otherwise would have been forced to share. Plus a table remains in the room.

(It is worth pointing out that if you aren't going to use the fold-down bed, there's plenty of surface space on its frame and the top of the new dresser piece to store loose articles. Then you could fold down the table, push the chairs off to the side and it would take up even less space than the old round table & chairs.)

I don't know that changing capacity of studio villas from 4 to 5 was all that good from a big-picture standpoint. I'm referring to the older resorts that were sold with a particular set up, not the ones that were sold as 5 from the start. For some, sure but I wonder if that actually isn't for the minority rather than majority.

But the table right in front of the TV is just an awful set up.

Two comments:

1) The new table doesn't appear to stick out any more than the old round table & chairs. The Murphy Bed to which it is mounted sticks out less than 1' from the wall and the table itself is only about 18". Its location is the same as it has always been in Dedicated Studio villas, although it did move closer to the connecting door in lockoffs.

2) It doesn't have to be used as a bed. If you just want the table, leave it as a table.

I realize it's a change and there's natural opposition to change. And certainly the design of the piece itself is unique. But from a functional standpoint, the new table works as well as the old with regard to being a flat surface to hold stuff.

This change brings versatility to the room..

While table can be left as a table, 2 issues.

The first one is if you do want to use the bed and the table, it's not a good setup. Location of table IMO is just awkward

I don't know that changing capacity of studio villas from 4 to 5 was all that good from a big-picture standpoint. I'm referring to the older resorts that were sold with a particular set up, not the ones that were sold as 5 from the start. For some, sure but I wonder if that actually isn't for the minority rather than majority.

Can't speak to numbers, of course, but I bet there are more people who appreciate the addition of the bed than there are people who are opposed to the changes in the table.

But the table right in front of the TV is just an awful set up.

I would certainly call the location less than ideal but not bad enough to scrap the idea.

While table can be left as a table, 2 issues.

The first one is if you do want to use the bed and the table, it's not a good setup. Location of table IMO is just awkward

But since there isn't room for both the bed and separate table & chairs, a compromise was reached. Strikes me as a reasonable compromise.

But since there isn't room for both the bed and separate table & chairs, a compromise was reached. Strikes me as a reasonable compromise.

not true, port orleans riverside had a 5th bed for years without removing the nice table that was set against the wall, not in anyone way. it was a trundle bed.

not true, port orleans riverside had a 5th bed for years without removing the nice table that was set against the wall, not in anyone way. it was a trundle bed.

Different room layout. Apples and oranges.

The wall space at BWV does not have room for the pull-down bed, dresser and a separate table & chairs.

I have stayed in both rooms so I am very familiar with the lay outs. the trundle bed at POR (formerely dixie landings)had nothing to do with the wall. it pulled out from under one of the other beds. you only needed to pull it out at night, and put it away in the morning. yes, now reosrts have gone towards the murphy bed, taking away dresser sapce. too many complaints about that, so they took away the table to put in some storage. and added a stupid fold down mini table. taking up space in the aisle, esp. with the chairs.

look we are not going to agree . a lot of people love the extra bed to sleep 5 in a studio...but we all know a studio was originally meant for a couple or a small family, at best. I feel the pain of families with more than 2 kids. my sn has 3, will probably have another befor they're done :)
but taking away the permanent table was a terrible option. JMHO and it will always be MHO... it was not a good compromise.

I have stayed in both rooms so I am very familiar with the lay outs. the trundle bed at POR (formerely dixie landings)had nothing to do with the wall. it pulled out from under one of the other beds. you only needed to pull it out at night, and put it away in the morning.

No room for a slide out trundle bed in a BWV studio.

At moderates, the sleeping area is adjacent to the main entrance to the hotel room. That entry area provides the space to accommodate a slide-out bed.

At BWV--and most other DVC studios--the entry is at the far side of the villa away from the beds. The BWV studio has about 12" of space between the wall and the queen bed and maybe 24" (barely more than the width of the nightstand) between the bed and sleeper sofa. There is simply no room for a trundle.

I disagree. I have slept in both, it is my opinion that the area between the bed and the pull out sofa is enough width to fit a small trundle bed. which is what we are looking for anyway.. to fit a child.. we really arent' trying to squeeze 5 adults in a studio, are we?

the main thing to me is what is the intention of DVC? deluxe accomodations? or is it veering more towards "camping type" accomodations? It's a bed! it's a dresser! it's a table! the Popeil or ronco dvc quarters! lol. just like some trailers or pop up campers. what's next? a dual toilet/shower stall?

things are leading more and more to living out of your suitcase. you can't unpack and leave things unpacked. you have to utilize an area, and then pack it away, as well as all the things on it. that is fine if you are camping.. for years we had a cabin cruiser. kept it at a marina with a picnic table and dock box nearby.. I am very familiar with the camping life. unpack something. use it. pack it away. unpack clothes, change. re pack clothes.

not very DELUXE sounding to me.. and definitely not a "home away from home".

Does the table by the couch open up like the one at WLV. That was handy to store clothes in. Waiting to see the configuration at BCV

Does the table by the couch open up like the one at WLV. That was handy to store clothes in. Waiting to see the configuration at BCV
we are not talking about the table by the couch. I heard they added a "coffee table" type table by the couch. and although it would be a pain to move every night you needed to pull out the pull out bed, if it had stoargae, that would be cool.
we are talking about the table you eat at. the one that used to be a round table with 2 chairs, aganist the wall. just before the sliding doors to the balcony. it is now replsced with storage, because they took away the dresers to make room for a 5th bed in the studios. so now that murphy bed (taking up the dresser space) has a dual purpose as the basic table for the room. so you can use it as a bed, or a table, but not both at the same time.. and if you use it as a bed, it is basically blocking the main walkway through the room.
this last spring we spent 4 nights in a GF studio. a lot of people complained about the under the bed drawer that doesn't open all the way (due to the night stand.) I found it was no problem at all to open it a bit and grab what I needed. andthere was also room under the bed by the foot of the bed. AND!!! there was a wonderful secton of "cubby shelves" in the closet. we used those for most of our pants, shorts, t shirts.e tc.
and we still had a lovely PERMANENT table where it belongs, next to the wall, out of the way. that was a muxch better compromise!

There's a picture of it earlier in this thread - it's a coffee table with opening between the top and bottom and does not open.

image-jpg.81287

this is the first pic I have seen of this. sorry.. now another thing I hate! If you are going to use the pull out couch to sleep 2 people, where are you going to put this MONSTROUS heavy table? boy won't THAT be fun to do every night after the parks? lol
at the GF, there were 2 "cubes" to use as a coffee table. we loved it... we just put them out on our balcony at night.

Yes, I believe it's a very, very solid top. It might be the same material they used to top the bedside stands in the 1BR's which is nice for that as it didn't look like they should get marked up. That should hold true for this too but hopefully it's on some slides to make it easier to move when you open the sleeper sofa.

we were lucky enough to have a HUGE balcony at GF (ask for the studio ending in ..14) that we just put the 2 cubes outon on end of the balcony for the entire stay. but that marble coffee table? where are you going to Put that? aDD TO THAT PULLING OUT THE MURPHY BED. HOLY COW! sorry, to me, that is NOT deluxe accomodations. and then puttnig the murphy bed back in.. pulling out the "temporary table" OK, 2 OF 3 kids want to sleep, but mom, dad and 1 kid want to eat yet. (remember the kitchenette.. which makes it a "home away from home"?)

sounds like a logistical nightmare. or.. like camping....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter