Boardwalk Villas decor

subscribing (still not used to the new site design ; havent found the thread tools.. sorry)

subscribing (still not used to the new site design ; havent found the thread tools.. sorry)
To subscribe to a thread, scroll all the way to the top of the page. Just above the first post on the page, over on the right is a link: "Watch Thread". Click on that and it gives you two different subscription options. Select the one you want and click on the "Watch Thread" button. Once you are subscribed, that link changes to "Unwatch Thread" so that you can cancel your subscription.

They look a million times better than the pink and green room that preceded it. Now it at least looks like it costs what Disney tries to charge per night for it. If I was to change anything I would have liked the sofa in a different color. Sad to maybe loose some storage space but will appreciate the extra bed as the kids get older. Would like to see the bathroom vanity.....

thanks lisa!!!!

i will let you all know when we coe back from our april trip, but right now I will say I totally DISlike the changes.. I DO like the theme of an ATlantic boardwalk.. we HATED the sterile theme of BLT. if I want contemporary, I will book at BLT.

I totally dislike the lack of dresser space now, due to the murphy beds. I thought the pullout beds under the regular beds at Prot Orleans, riverside , were fine.

but the think I dislike the most!! (boy, do I sound negative.. sorry! :) ) :( on the new table...I want a permanent table.. not a fold up, fold down one.
my husband has low vision, and I knwo he will bump into this table multiple times. esp during the night.

well, then just fold it up at night.. NO!!! heputs things where he wants them (his glasses, his hearing aids,etc etc.) and wants to know where they are in the morning. or during the night. when you can't see much, you need to have a spot to put something and leave it there. THAT is the SPOT! for the entire trip.

and even I don't want to bump into a fold down table in the middle of the night. we like the table against the wall, out of the way. we set things there and they stay there, for the entire stay. we "nest".. we're not packing things up every night and unpacking them in the morning... this is relaly stupid, IMHO.

ok, vent over. we'll let you know how it went when we get back.

BTW, any news on anyhone else getting "bumped" from their boardwalk view room at the villas.. due to the refurbs? (there is a thread going on now about that)

Last edited:

:) ) is the new table...I want a permanent table.. not a fold up, fold down one.
will bump into this table multiple times. esp during the night.

BTW, any news on anyhone else getting "bumped" from their boardwalk view room at the villas.. due to the refurbs? (there is a thread going on now about that)

I totally agree about the table design. Feel it is a huge expensive mistake. I think people will use the murphy bed to array their stuff because of the lack of storage but then they will lose the table. That table looks extremely small to boot.

Hoping they will work fast on the boardwalk view rooms and they "bump" us to one while they are refurbing our pool/garden view. :teeth: We check in in exactly 1 month. Have been on the waitlist for 6 solid months now. I hope we get any refurbed room.

We had a split stay in March between the GF and BW. We had a new room at BW on the 5th floor and it was great. I can confirm both of the murphy beds were Dumbo themed although slightly different. The GF bed depicted Dumbo asleep on hay. The BW bed depicted Dumbo with Timothy the mouse.

We had a split stay in March between the GF and BW. We had a new room at BW on the 5th floor and it was great. I can confirm both of the murphy beds were Dumbo themed although slightly different. The GF bed depicted Dumbo asleep on hay. The BW bed depicted Dumbo with Timothy the mouse.

Did you use the sleeper sofa? If so, is it the newer style, used at BLT and VGF, or the older style?

Did you use the sleeper sofa? If so, is it the newer style, used at BLT and VGF, or the older style?

Yes, we did use the sleeper sofa. BW new sofas look similar to GF. They are a light pink color - I'm attaching a photo hope it works on the iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 211
Does anyone know if they included drawers under the bed? I believe that is the case at the new studios at the Polynesian.

I don't recall drawers under the new BW rooms. There was a white chest with drawers in our room to the right of the Murphy bed.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 86390

These are some more photos. The new kitchen backsplash looked great. I liked the new mirror with the whimsical bubbles around the edges. I liked the hidden Mickey on the light fixtures too, I'm not sure if those were new or not. I didn't notice them last stay at BV.

View attachment 86389 View attachment 86391 View attachment 86393 View attachment 86389 View attachment 86390

These are some more photos. The new kitchen backsplash looked great. I liked the new mirror with the whimsical bubbles around the edges. I liked the hidden Mickey on the light fixtures too, I'm not sure if those were new or not. I didn't notice them last stay at BV.
Thanks for the new photos! I'm really loving the changes and hope I can get a refurbbed villa in early May for our one-night BWV stay after our cruise.

Enjoy your stay, the new rooms are lovely. We booked a garden/pool view category, but joked it was more of a TOT view!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 120
Enjoy your stay, the new rooms are lovely. We booked a garden/pool view category, but joked it was more of a TOT view!
I have this view booked in August, I would love to see this outside my window!! Did you request a certain area?

I have this view booked in August, I would love to see this outside my window!! Did you request a certain area?

We didn't request a certain area for the view of TOT, but it worked out well since my kids love TOT. It looked especially creepy on a foggy Orlando morning! We had a partial view of the quiet pool near community hall and canal. I believe the exact room # was 5082 if my memory is correct.

Has anyone who has stayed in the renovated studios used the pullout couch? Is there room with it extended out with the coffee table? I have always wanted a coffee table in the studio but looks awfully tight. Doesn't look like any nostalgic seaside charm in these renovations.

i'm wondering the same ...we have a 2BR booked and because daughter is bringing a friend the sleeper will be used. We wouldn't want to fold up (take away) her bed everyday and wonder what we'll do with the coffee table while the bed is open?

So many differences of opinions on the decor!:rotfl:So I guess I will add mine to the mix!:rolleyes1 Love the dark floor and woods with the white! I think it is a nice contrast. I am so glad they did not put carpet in the kitchenette area!! So much easier to keep clean! IMO Love the mirror that looks like it has bubbles, although, it might be a little more beachy theme. Not so sure about that pull down table...verdict is still out!:confused3I think I like the wall color but will have to see it in person to be sure. I wasn't that crazy about the previous decor. I don't even mind the more generic white bedding but they could have done a little more colorful sash similar to the inn rooms. As much as I liked the fun themed bedspreads, the germaphobe in me did did not!! :rotfl2:I never would use them as I always wondered how often they were cleaned!! I think they could have made the carpet and drapes a little more special too. I also agree with OP that the light fixture seems a little modern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter