Boardwalk Villas decor

suzanne, that's a great idea. except I don't think we coulod bring that on the plane! lol! I'd have to look at the pictures again. not sure if there would be room for that. the reason the switched to the fold out table was because they put a storage cabinet of some sort where the table used to go (becuase the murphy bed takes up what used to be dresser drawers.)
the coffe table is no big deal.. the 2 small ones at GF were easy to move out of the way and it is nice to have somewhere to put your drink if you're sitting on the couch.

I would never want to be in a studio with 4 other people anyway. That would just be too cramped for a vacation. But to each their own I guess. You're on vacation in a Disney Deluxe Resort! Who wants to be stepping over each other trying to get to the bathroom.

With the addition of the coffee table, we will no longer bring our lightweight camping coffee table with us when we stay in a studio at BWV. For us, the furniture change means we will feel less like we're camping.

Of course, if we find we are not happy with the location or size of the new table/desk, we may start bringing a lightweight camping dining table with us. Hint: this could also be an option for those unhappy with the new table. -- Suzanne

Does it fit in a suitcase? ;).

I hate that they got rid of the round coffee table and replaced it with a fold down table in front of the TV/murphy bed and I hate that they are allowing 5 people in a studio.

I like to leave my computer set up on the table while the wife watches TV and this new setup doesn't seem to work for that. It's either use the table or use the TV.

And why cram 5 into a studio. I would have preferred the 1 bedrooms to have been upgraded to hold 5 while keeping the studios at 4.

suzanne, that's a great idea. except I don't think we coulod bring that on the plane! lol! I'd have to look at the pictures again. not sure if there would be room for that. the reason the switched to the fold out table was because they put a storage cabinet of some sort where the table used to go (becuase the murphy bed takes up what used to be dresser drawers.)
the coffe table is no big deal.. the 2 small ones at GF were easy to move out of the way and it is nice to have somewhere to put your drink if you're sitting on the couch.
In dedicated studios, didn't the storage cabinet take the place of the bench? That would mean that there is still room for a standard table/desk unless the sofabed is extended. Of course, this would not be an option in a lock off studio. -- Suzanne

Yes! The coffee table is 3.5 pounds and folds to 24x5x1". When unfolded, it measures about 18x 24 and is about 15" high.

http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-...sim_468_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=02344MKHFV2SD57D0FNM
-- Suzanne

haha - well there you go! Table in a bag.

In dedicated studios, didn't the storage cabinet take the place of the bench? That would mean that there is still room for a standard table/desk unless the sofabed is extended. Of course, this would not be an option in a lock off studio. -- Suzanne
Yes, I think that's pretty much what they did and could have designed the dedicated rooms differently like they were previously in having the bench.

Maybe we should start a table exchange like the Christmas trees. Bell services would really enjoy storing that for us. :duck:
that is hilarious!!!!!!!

i do not know the answer. in the picture of the first page it doesnt show that area I would love to see pictures of the entire wall that the dresser/tv/murhpy bed/table etc etc is on. for both the lock offs and dedicated. I was pretty sure the reason they put the fold out table where it is is cause there isn't room any more on that wall.

that is hilarious!!!!!!!

i do not know the answer. in the picture of the first page it doesnt show that area I would love to see pictures of the entire wall that the dresser/tv/murhpy bed/table etc etc is on. for both the lock offs and dedicated. I was pretty sure the reason they put the fold out table where it is is cause there isn't room any more on that wall.

Tim has this picture posted on his website - DVCNews.com - showing most of the wall the murphy bed and cabinet are on. To the left you can see a small part of the lock-off door.

b_600_450_16777215_00_images_stories_bwv_BWV_20150604a.jpg

@tjkraz - I borrowed this picture of yours as it displays better what my complaint on the table set up is. I often have to be on my laptop when at WDW for business and also am just for fun. At that same time I also will catch up on TV or watch a game. My neck hurts and my eyes are watering just looking at this picture at the thought of doing that now. I don't particularly mind the murphy bed per say to provide families an option to not have their children sleep together but I fundamentally disagree with increasing the occupancy. My concerns about that will take a little time to see if they are valid or not so that part is just speculation at this time. The unmoveable table attached right under the large TV is an obviously uncomfortable set up for how I use the room.

thanks Kat! so where would suzanne set up her camper table? (you know, the one she is donating for the table swap ;) )

BWV and BCV (especially) will both be losing the comfortable arm chairs. VWL never had arm chairs, but the other 2 did. I find sitting on the sleeper sofas uncomfortable and would pull one of the arm chairs over to sit in and watch tv and/or use my tablet. Certainly a lot less comfortable in an armless chair.

Laura

We don't watch TV at WDW, too tired and I get every thing I need about weather and news on my laptop. Will the table attached to the murphy bed hold two open laptops? How thin is it? And how easy will it be to break them, rendering them useless?

Well I think we should push for the ultimate flexibility. We should walk into the villa and see no furniture at all at first- bare walls with handles. Everything should pull down from the walls in a murphy bed style way. The beds, the tables, even the sofa could be a futon that pulls down from the wall, and fold out chairs that come out of the wall. That way we can only pull down what we want to use, or not pull down anything and use every inch of floor space to sleep 10 people in sleeping bags in each studio. :stir:

Are there any photos of the renovations to the 1 bedroom units at Boardwalk?

For the people who have stayed in the refurbed studios, is sitting at the table while someone is watching TV annoying? Isn't your ear right near the TV speakers? I'm just concerned because my husband usually sits at the table to offload his day's pictures onto the laptop while I watch TV before bed. I worry that the TV being on just won't work for the person sitting at the table.

I think you could put a table in front on the connecting door in a lock off or the wall in a dedicated.

What do you think of this one: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000...qid=1436972530&sr=1-1&keywords=table+in+a+bag

It should fit in a larger suitcase if you angle it.
-- Suzanne
thanks suzanne! maybe in our driving days.... I have enough trouble fitting all our stuff in the suitcases as it is. lol back when we use to drive I used to jam that SUV full!! sigh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!