Boardwalk Villas decor

Hi All. I can address a few questions...

I didn't notice if there were drawers under the bed.

I didn't notice if there was a freezer in the fridge.

I agree that the Dumbo theme in the pull down bed was adorable!!

I didn't open up the pull out sofa.

I think the look is fine. Personally I don't like the Inn decor and the look of the beds. I don't ever recall a hotel decor style impacting my vacation negatively. if I can still see the pool or the boardwalk from the balcony I'm good.

OK I changed my mind, once seeing the photos of the actual rooms. Very disappointing, room could be anywhere. I still will like my view from the balcony but looks like randomly selected furnishings and flooring without any thought of Boardwalk. When I think boardwalk I don't think beige, and dark woods.

Has anyone who has stayed in the renovated studios used the pullout couch? Is there room with it extended out with the coffee table? I have always wanted a coffee table in the studio but looks awfully tight. Doesn't look like any nostalgic seaside charm in these renovations.

OK I changed my mind, once seeing the photos of the actual rooms. Very disappointing, room could be anywhere. I still will like my view from the balcony but looks like randomly selected furnishings and flooring without any thought of Boardwalk. When I think boardwalk I don't think beige, and dark woods.
I was going to say the furniture looked like some went to a yard sale or second hand store and picked out the furnishing but figured I would get harsh comments but sorry that's what it looks like mix and not match

I'm busy looking for a house rental for early next year.

Funny you should mention décor. After I decided on location, the most important thing right now is décor!
I don't want a dark place - I want light and tropical feeling.

So, décor could impact my vacation. I leave the frozen North for a couple of weeks in January and February, looking for light and warmth.

Bought at Disney because it didn't look like the cookie cutter timeshares - one of the reasons was the whimsy of the décor.
Agree completely!

In all the times I have looked at the pictures on this thread, I can't believe I just now realized Dumbo is in the murphy bed. Adorable!

I think that they are using the same design on all of the fold down beds at all of the resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

The pictures of the bed at the Poly show Lilo and Stitch, also adorable :-)

BW has Dumbo
Polly has stitch
GFV has Mary poppins / dumbo depending on room.

Still wondering since GVF got two different designs if other resorts will to??

Not a DVC resort
But The Riverside has Louis the alligator from princess and the frog (still my fav.)
cuz it was such a surprise when we opened it for our DD..

BW has Dumbo
Polly has stitch

Guess I saw Dumbo at VGF, thanks for the info!

Not a DVC resort
But The Riverside has Louis the alligator from princess and the frog (still my fav.)

I guess my issue is that we bought BWV based on the rooms that we toured. Now DVC has changed those rooms, fake wood floor instead of carpet, decorations and fixtures that have little to do with the Boardwalk theme, even the Disney themed stacked cups lamp in the living room is gone.

We bought DVC to experience the Disney difference, not to stay in a room available everywhere.

I guess my issue is that we bought BWV based on the rooms that we toured. Now DVC has changed those rooms, fake wood floor instead of carpet, decorations and fixtures that have little to do with the Boardwalk theme, even the Disney themed stacked cups lamp in the living room is gone.

We bought DVC to experience the Disney difference, not to stay in a room available everywhere.

I agree We bought VGF and AK
Cuz we loved the little touches In the room.

The main reason we passed on BLT was BEcause it felt so "hospital like"
It seems like all the rooms are going to that. No more little touches. :-(

I bought sight unseen, so I guess it's not as big of an issue for me. I bought for location (and have never regretted it for a second), but I did really like the whimsical touches, like the lamp, and I loved the carpet in the hallway. I will have to keep the murphy bed open for my whimsical now I guess. :)

BW has Dumbo
Polly has stitch

Not a DVC resort

I think the murphy beds in the Poly bungalows have the Electrical Water Pageant.

BW has Dumbo
Polly has stitch

Not a DVC resort

I saw the water pageant on something from the Polynesian, in some photo.

Surely though in the length of the membership we all knew it would change. As to whether it changed for the better is very subjective. I for one did not care at all for the previous decor at the BWV or VWL but like the new decor very much.

As to the stacked cups, how is that a Disney theme?

I bought sight unseen, so I guess it's not as big of an issue for me. I bought for location (and have never regretted it for a second), but I did really like the whimsical touches, like the lamp, and I loved the carpet in the hallway. I will have to keep the murphy bed open for my whimsical now I guess. :)

Me too, I mainly bought BWV for location. I don't even remember what the décor was when I bought in 1999. I remember the boardwalk carpet in the halls, which faded horribly over time.

I saw the water pageant on something from the Polynesian, in some photo.

I did a google search and found it!
How cute!!!
23709.htm

Surely though in the length of the membership we all knew it would change. As to whether it changed for the better is very subjective. I for one did not care at all for the previous decor at the BWV or VWL but like the new decor very much.

As to the stacked cups, how is that a Disney theme?

It reminds me of Alice In Wonderland.

Alice.jpg

It reminds me of Alice In Wonderland.

View attachment 84723

Oh, ok. I heard they were a very often stolen. Sadly maybe it is easier to replace things with something no one wants to steal than to try and deal with the stealing. You know Disney is always about doing that. No confrontation just remove the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter