Are you a Single WDW fan

Hi twotoohappy

It funny that you bring up a meet.......wouldn't it be something to have a special meet right in Disney....That would be one for the books......

It just so strange how this is so many people out there that just do not understand what Disney can do to a person.

Not <I>exactly</I> single, but I may as well be considered so because my DH and I "agree to live separately" and are separated by about 2800 miles. I live an hour from WDW and am a passholder, so I frequent the parks (and even DCL cruises) solo.

The idea of a single/solo meet at WDW sounds appealing. Maybe if some of us worked on it we could even do it on a grand scale . . . like a single/solo, mini version of <I>Mousefest</I> . . . annually. How many are out there? It's just a thought . . ::MinnieMo If not, yes, it would be nice to designate a time/place at each park for singles/solos to stop by to see if others are there that day.

Count me as interested **IF** --that's a big IF-- it occurs around mid-month or thereafter and we have 3 to 4 months lead time (preferrably not in summer!).

I can't get away before mid-month (15th, give or take a couple of days) and this desert rat almost became a blob on the pavement in the Orlando humidity last August! Also, I need sufficient notice to schedule vacation time--we are a small office and I cover for three other people. Of course, no one covers for me, so it's all waiting for me when I return! :teeth:

As an only child, I learned very early to do many things on my own or risk never doing them! Solo travel was an obvious choice, as most of my friends weren't interested in visiting different places and I was! As long as it's something I can do, want to do, can afford to do, and doesn't harm anyone else in the process, I do it! Classes, travel, meals, concerts, festivals, theme parks...

It's enjoyable to do things with family and friends, but sometimes it's nice to do things without constant compromise or feeling like a general commanding the troops (depends on the personalities involved).

For anyone who hasn't done things solo, try small things first. A local art or music festival, a meal at a coffee shop--you decide. Move to the next level and try dinner at a nice local restaurant. Then try a weekend away for an event that interests you. Then a long weekend. If you find you dislike it, solo travel probably isn't for you. But you may surprise yourself and enjoy it! :)

Taja :sunny:

By the way, the month of January doesn't exist on my calendar!
It's pretty much non-stop work!

Taja :sunny:

Hi Everyone:)
Just an FYI, Please note the Thread about the Annual WDW Single Meet It sounds like it could be lots of fun for those of us wanting to meet up with other solo/single WDW travelers.:)
:Pinkbounc :cool: :Pinkbounc

Have done Disney solo many times. Easy place to be on your own and such fun. I would love to meet up for a solo meet. Just say the date I will be there.

I'm 30ish plus 2 more decades. I made my first trip to WDW in 1980 with 3 other friends. I'd been to DL many times before. We had a GREAT time and I always wanted to go back.

It was 1993 before I finally made it back. I started going to Orlando on business several times a year. I soon learned that I could stay at WDW and commute to my work (north of downtown Orlando). I got my first AP and made many solo visits since I was there primarily for work. I got to go SEVEN times one year.

I've traveled with friends and relatives many times, but I always end up being the tour guide. I love my solo trips as I can do exactly what I want when I want. I would love to go to WDW sometime with people who love it as much as I do and who are not newbies.

The one drawback of going alone is that you have no one to turn to to share the experiences with. I feel that is half the enjoyment...sharing. But meeting up with others in the same solo rowboat would solve that.

Yes - it is fun to share the experience with someone. I am going with a dear friend in December. I was maid of honor in her wedding,but we now live 1000+ miles apart. She has never been to WDW but since I know her so well I think it will be really fun to share the stuff that I know with her. Part of the reason that I took my solo trip in October (besides W&F) was to catch up on everything as I hadn't been in almost a year.

I can take things a little easier in December and enjoy sharing WDW and the wonders of Christmas at WDW with a friend.

SOMEDAY I am going to go with someone who appreciates it as much as I do. I've taken lots of newbies who loved their trip but weren't really interested in going back again in the near future. To them it was a nice trip but not a way of life!

SOMEDAY I am going to go with someone who appreciates it as much as I do

Twice I've been involved in planning a big family "thing" @WDW. (once w/8 people sand 4 generations, once with 22 and "only" three generations) Both times I've gone back within 6 months with my sister to do it "right." Yes, it's nice to watch your family have magical Disney moments, but with just us two hard-core addicts it's a much more satisfying trip. Hand in there arminnie, you'll find a mouse-ke-soulmate some day. :p

Thanks for the encouragement CoasterAddict. I wish my sister had really gotten into it. We went together 5 years ago at Christmas. I think she had a good time but her reaction to all of the "Mickey Magic" was that it was overboard and just too much.
Can you imagine!

It's a little sad that more people can't just let themselves get swept away. WDW has helped me stay sane the past couple of years. Nasty bits of reality simple cannot follow me into the Magic Kingdom! (They are, however, usually waiting for me to pick them up when I get to the airport...)

Originally posted by taswira
The idea of a single/solo meet at WDW sounds appealing. Maybe if some of us worked on it we could even do it on a grand scale . . . like a single/solo, mini version of <I>Mousefest</I> . . . annually. How many are out there? It's just a thought . . ::MinnieMo If not, yes, it would be nice to designate a time/place at each park for singles/solos to stop by to see if others are there that day.

Great idea!
Count me in... Anyone else?

We can see which bistro Cash likes best, woof, woof.....We'll be there:

January 4 thru 17, 2004 and

May 9 thru 14, and 20 thru 21, 2004 and

December 12 thru 17, 2004.

I am a 21 technically single fan. The guy I am dating is not into Disney, which could be a problem as I definetly want to get married in the World.

My family, with the exception of my brother who lives 3000 miles away, are not that into Disney, so it makes it somewhat difficult to get to the world. I do find any excuse possible. For example, last year, a very distant aquaintance was running the Disney marathon, so of course I had to go down to cheer her on ;) .

I will also be in Disney from January 8 to the 13th, because I convinced my father to run the half marathon.

Originally posted by IloveDMB
I am a 21 technically single fan. The guy I am dating is not into Disney, which could be a problem as I definetly want to get married in the World.

I will also be in Disney from January 8 to the 13th, because I convinced my father to run the half marathon.

If he's not afraid, have him wear something distinctive and, if you post his description on these boards, all of us at the Marathon can cheer him on! I was supposed to be doing the walk, but an injury has relocated me to a role in the cheering section...I'll be cheering for him! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am 28 and have never taken a solo trip, but may do so one day. My boyfriend hasn't been into Disney, but has expressed an interest in possibly going one day. My trips are usually with an equally obsessed good friend. Even though she lives abroad, we try and make it out to WDW once every couple of years, this being one of them. Similar to some other posts I've seen, I'm not always surrounded by Disney fans, so my outlet is very limited. We are going in December, and it will be tough to come back!!!

Hi everyone,
A single lady, early 40's, but definitely not solo with a DD6. Grew up an hour away from Disney. It's nice to rediscover Disney with my DD. There's nothing like seeing it through the eyes of a child.

Hi I am a 30 something single disney addict ( with 2 kids ages 11 and 7 ) .. I just love going to disney and most people can't understand why I keep taking my children there every year for vacation ... Its cause I love it !! well they do too but well ya all know what I mean... Glad to meet you all .. Michelle

Our next trip is Oct 29 to Nov 7th 2004 . it will be myself and kids, My mom and my sister and her girlfriend.. We are going to the Halloween party !

I’m single and in my 30’s. I’ve taken 1 solo trip to WDW, and there will most likely be more trips in my future. It will probably be another year or so before I can manage it, though. :(

Solo single and I love WDW -older than you young people - I am in my 50's.....

I go to WDW 3 to 6 times every year - I can't go in January, Feb, April, July or October work issues - anyother time GREAT!!!

I own at DVC - which is great for singles.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter