Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

The code I used/found (invalid now) give free insurance.....many on this thread have said the code was not meant for everyone to use. Since the insurance is already included you cant waive it and a lot of people feel that since you arent entitled to it IF you have an accident = national wont cover the accident because you werent entitled to the code and your own insurance may not cover it because you did not (could not) WAIVE their insurance.

The code I used/found (invalid now) give free insurance.....many on this thread have said the code was not meant for everyone to use. Since the insurance is already included you cant waive it and a lot of people feel that since you arent entitled to it IF you have an accident = national wont cover the accident because you werent entitled to the code and your own insurance may not cover it because you did not (could not) WAIVE their insurance.

That does seem like a stretch but like always everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with, right?
Good luck!!!

Used the "67" code - just back today. Had mid-size from 8/5 to 8/12 for $105 (used Costco coupon as well). No questions.

I went right out on the aisle. FWIW, reight before I left, AFTER the code was invalid (lest anyone get mad at someone contacting them), I did email them to be sure I could use the code and asked about problems in the event of an accident. Here is my note and response:

I have a couple of questions about my upcoming reservation #********
> for our trip to Disney from Aug 5th - 12th.
> On my currect reservation, I'm using contract id 8572967 with a coupon
> from Costco. I got this code from a Disney travel website and have some
> questions about it:
> Am I allowed to use this code with my reservation?
> I understand this is a complimentary code, meaning anybody can you it, is
> this correct?
>
> Also, I typically decline insurance (am covered through my credit card and
> auto insurnace), but the code includes all insurance. If I was to be in
> an accident (God forbid!), would I be covered through National, or go
> through my own auto insurance?
>
> Thank you so much for your help and time to answer my questions -- we are
> looking forward to our stay in Orlando and using National for our rental.

Their response:

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for contacting National Car Rental

I apologize for the delay in response to your question. That contract id and coupon can be used with your current reservation. You will not have any problems when picking up your rental vehicle.

If the contract id includes a coverage product you will be covered by National in the unlikely event you are in an accident. You may find out more about the different coverage products on www.nationalcar.com by clicking on the FAQ link on the first page.

Thank you for using National and we wish you safe travels.

Thank you,
Help Desk
National Car Rental
>
So I wasn't worried when I picked up the car. It was very smooth and easy.

Hope everyone has a magical trip!:yay:

We certainly hope you don't have a single problem. Should you be involved in an accident, your email would be very helpful as a first step with any waffling over coverage. Whether they would opt to challenge you with long involved litigation would be their call. In the end, they do have your signature/click on a contract stating your eligibility. It's probably too bad we can't get theirs, too. That would beat an email anyday. :)

We are here now and used the '57 code with no problelms. Used Emerald Reserve (2 minivans). We also used the $35 blog coupon. We are playing the Fay waiting game now to see if we fly out on Wednesday.

Just used the 67 code...we went from the 15th to the 21st...used $30 national coupon on top of it...everything went well..no problems.

Okay I am leaving this SAt 8/30 - using the 67 code- and emerald EXEC card
here is my question - I know I can take any car off the EMERALD EXEC asile
no questions there - but what if I see something bigger I would rather have on another asile say the reserve aisle?
What and where can I choose my car from - I have a ressie for a full size.
but looking at our luggage I am staring to worrry.. ha ha..
So can you all tell me what and where I can actually pick from?

We just got back from our trip using the 67 code. My husband picked up at the Dolphin and they didn't even question it. When I booked it a few months back after putting in that code, it would not allow me to use a coupon with it. I didn't really care, because the rate was so good! We only paid $220 for 10 days!

Okay I am leaving this SAt 8/30 - using the 67 code- and emerald EXEC card
here is my question - I know I can take any car off the EMERALD EXEC asile
no questions there - but what if I see something bigger I would rather have on another asile say the reserve aisle?
What and where can I choose my car from - I have a ressie for a full size.
but looking at our luggage I am staring to worrry.. ha ha..
So can you all tell me what and where I can actually pick from?
I wish I could help you with this questions, but we have not ever tried to do that. We did book a midsize and got a full size from the emerald isle.

Can someone please confirm if I understand it correctly that if I booked a minivan as an Executive member, I can just walk over to the Exec Aisle and pick any minivan there, then drive through to the booth/counter in the parking? Then what do I need to show them? printed out reservation and my driver license and VISA? Or I can just by-pass the counter on the way out? I have never renting car before. :confused3

Oops I forgot to add that I also booked using the 67 code and $35 off coupon. Wish me luck!

Can someone please confirm if I understand it correctly that if I booked a minivan as an Executive member, I can just walk over to the Exec Aisle and pick any minivan there, then drive through to the booth/counter in the parking? Then what do I need to show them? printed out reservation and my driver license and VISA? Or I can just by-pass the counter on the way out? I have never renting car before. :confused3

Oops I forgot to add that I also booked using the 67 code and $35 off coupon. Wish me luck!
Go right to the Emerald Isle and there will be a kiosk that you have to stop at as you drive out. Show them your reservation confirmation and your drivers license. Then see what they ask you for. In our past few trips they never asked for anything else from us. Just took what was on the confirmation. If it wasn't an e-coupon...then print that out also and give it to them.:goodvibes Have fun!

I am cancelling the reservation I have with this code because I got the same thing at alamo for $15 cheaper with walmart code and $25 dollar coupon. :cool1:

I am cancelling the reservation I have with this code because I got the same thing at alamo for $15 cheaper with walmart code and $25 dollar coupon. :cool1:

I cancelled my 67 ressie last week. I also got a much better deal with both Alamo and National. ($84 cheaper and a larger vehicle!!)

We used the 67 code at Dolphin earlier this month AND asked to extend the rental by another week when we picked the car up. They honored the original rate for the extension too. $319 for 3 weeks - compact. :cool1:

Check your ressies! Last night I booked a Midsize EA, 8 day (9/20-9/28), pickup in Jacksonville, drop off in Orlando for $127!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Used Emerald Club Code 5007125 and the $30 coupon from the National site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter