Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

OMG...I LOVED the Carlson code! I actually have it saved in my address book. That was the only code I used to use! I haven't used it in a couple of years, I did get questioned at the Memphis airport once. Go figure. It was only because they screwed up my rental. Someone checking me out when I drove away entered ONE number wrong on the rental contract number, and my ressie got swapped with some dude's from San Diego who didn't turn his car in on time. Total NIGHTMARE. We got back from vacation and had fifteen ugly messages from them wanting to know where their car was, and they had charged my credit card for over $500!!! It took almost four months and calling every day to get my money back.

That is a nightmare. The worse for us was at MCO, National and we picked up a car out of Emerald Aisle, which was parked there accidentially. So when we went to drop off our bill was hundreds of dollars more than we had planned for. We went to the counter to straighten it out and it took a manager and us arguing with them and they finally adjusted the bill. A pain and very time consuming. All because someone didn't mark the hang tag correctly and parked the wrong car in the aisle. (We now always check the hang tag to see that it is marked for the Aisle). I agree about the carlson code, as it seldom offers very good rates anymore.

Just returned using Contract ID 8572987 (booked in Feb). We got a minivan (which is what we booked) for July 29-30. There were a few different vans in the aisle (Terminal A) and we ended up with a Dodge Caravan (or maybe Town and Country, can't remember exactly). I think the code was one that was supposed to be used with a Visa card (maybe just International residents)? Anyhow, we just checked out with the Emerald Club ID and that account has an AMEX card tied to it and they did not ask for a Visa card although we would have been happy to charge it to a Visa account as well. Ended up paying $516 using a $20 Entertainment book coupon and the Contract ID listed above for the 11 days, which was decent but I was tempted to switch to whichever code was out there and then no longer valid...that code would have saved me about $175 but while I was deciding whether to take the chance and possibly have to pay the going rate (which was currently about $1K for my time span) the code became invalid.

Actually I did a search on this current code and it comes up on every discount and coupon website I visit. It looks like it's been around for awhile and everyone who posted feedback on those websites (like fatwallet) post success. I personally wouldn't hesitate to use it. But I'm one of those folks that use the carlson code on a regular basis too.
This is the 5063773 code, right? I just booked 3 trips with it so I hope it is okay.

What ID do need to show when using TRAVEL AGENT CONTRACT ID 5063773. Does National ask for ID if Emerald Club Member?
We used a travel agent code last time we went...I am a emerald club member and was not asked for an ID. Used this code for an upcoming trip and am hoping for the same results. We leave a week from today. I will let you know when I get back!

Anyone pick-up using the *67 or *57 codes lately? I know they won't let you make new reservations with these codes but what about people that had them booked already?

Anyone pick-up using the *67 or *57 codes lately? I know they won't let you make new reservations with these codes but what about people that had them booked already?

I am curious about this too. I have a ressie saved for September.

I am curious about this too. I have a ressie saved for September.

I, too, am going in September. I had a ressie with the 67 code, but I ended up finding better rates recently with both Budget and Alamo - so I cancelled National. Have you rechecked your Sept dates? They might be cheaper, too. :)

I am curious as well. I have a ressie for February that I am hoping I can still use. I have been watching to see if they cancel it and hoping that others using it this fall will report back.

I really think your codes will be fine. There are all kinds of codes out there that are ellegible for only a certain amount of time. As long as you book it and get a confirmation number before it becomes inelligible, I am sure they will honor it.

I know I used my "51" code at the end of May for a July trip to rent a car and then a couple of weeks later, it wouldn't let me use it for my August trip. The July trip came and went without any problems.

I, too, am going in September. I had a ressie with the 67 code, but I ended up finding better rates recently with both Budget and Alamo - so I cancelled National. Have you rechecked your Sept dates? They might be cheaper, too. :)

I have to check still but with that code the mini van seemed pretty cheap. The problem is always when you want a van!
Thanks!

I am holding 2 reservation for this coming Saturday and sadly need to cancel one or the other because both of them have my credit card so I cant wait until that day.

If I keep the National reservation I will save over $250 from my Dollar reservation....this is about $80 on the actual reservation and the rest is from needing to add a second driver at Dollar which is $9.99 a day when I get the second driver free as an Emerald Club member at National.....

I know I should cancel the National reservation because I am afraid of having an accident (which we never had before)....you know Murphys Law.....

I am holding 2 reservation for this coming Saturday and sadly need to cancel one or the other because both of them have my credit card so I cant wait until that day.

If I keep the National reservation I will save over $250 from my Dollar reservation....this is about $80 on the actual reservation and the rest is from needing to add a second driver at Dollar which is $9.99 a day when I get the second driver free as an Emerald Club member at National.....

I know I should cancel the National reservation because I am afraid of having an accident (which we never had before)....you know Murphys Law.....

Can you make another back up for the National ressie without a credit card?

I know this has probably been discussed into the ground but I thought that your regular car insurance covers you while you drive any car (including a rental). Am I missing something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter