Angry lifting block out dates

In the beginning it was not so much my lack of empathy for the op although it looked that way. But growing up 45 min away from the mouse we never did last minute trips we always planned at least a week in advance

For August, Silver can return to the park Friday 8/11. The first 2 weeks of August were blacked out. As was the entire month of July. June had 1 week at the start open (I believe - I could be wrong... I'm silver for a reason - no desire to go in the heat and crowds!).

Oh that makes sense. I had read that the reason Disney did it was to give people a chance to ride Ellen and GMR before they close.

We live a hour and half away and will now be going the 4th 5th and 6th. It works our that my wife has a conference there that weekend so we will be joining her after this announcement. I call the Silver, which we have, the poor people pass because everyone else in our family has the Platinum Pass.

My wife jokes that it serves me right because I cannot stand the Ellen ride and is trying to force me to ride it when we go.

I think some people that are angry about Disney lifting these blackout dates are thinking it's all the blackout dates. That their not realizing it's only 10 days that was lifted.

There's still blackout dates in Dec and Jan so those with a silver pass are still forbidden to go during that super slow time between Christmas and NYE. Hopefully those that only schedule to go when silver is blacked out experience some super low crowds during that time

I am not following the logic of expecting lower crowds during blackout periods. These are the busiest times, hence why Disney can charge higher prices. You are not getting lower crowds for the higher prices. Unless you are booking a private party. Then I assume you are paying quite a bit to have the park just for your group.

Are there really that many people who bought higher level AP just so they can go only during the blackout times? It just does not seem likely this would impact many people as far as cost goes.

I can see being disappointed that you might not have lower than ave crowds now. However I don't see how those who bought the tickets they wanted for that time are being ripped off.

I'm sorry, but this is a silly question. Obviously people bought the higher level AP to go during blackout times, otherwise they would have bought the lower one and honestly most people would be buying the no blockout ones as the blockout times are when anyone that has school would be able to go.

I'm sorry, but this is a silly question. Obviously people bought the higher level AP to go during blackout times, otherwise they would have bought the lower one and honestly most people would be buying the no blockout ones as the blockout times are when anyone that has school would be able to go.

Correct. But I don't get the argument of higher AP's complaining that the parks are going to be more crowded now during these 10 days. It's the summer. Kids and teachers are out of school, people are talking summer trips, it's not a slow time to go to Disney in the first place.

I don't think anyone is buying a higher AP just to have it to personally go when lower tier AP's are blacked out. You're buying a higher AP because you'd like to go to Disney whenever you'd like and good chance you're going to be going during those busy times when lower AP's are blacked out.

are you remember old times? Off Kilter and the World Showcase Players have been gone for years now

Yes, I know they have been gone for years. I noticed last year that Impressions de France went from every 22 minutes to twice an hour. Maybe that is why attendance is down and why this summer is so different. The every growing tone deaf approach of taking things away.

I think some people that are angry about Disney lifting these blackout dates are thinking it's all the blackout dates. That their not realizing it's only 10 days that was lifted.

We haven't gone to WDW in two years. We are scheduled to go from August 5-12

So it's not "only ten days" to me, it's days that fall right smack on top of our trip. And crowds will be higher now than they would have been before this decision was made.

So it's not "only ten days" to me, it's days that fall right smack on top of our trip. And crowds will be higher now than they would have been before this decision was made.

It affects 5 out of your 7 days. Crowds will already be big. With this brief lift you won't even notice a difference

So you based your decision to go to the parks during high busy season in the middle of the summer because it's a black out time for some annual passholders (blocked out because its one of the busiest times)? That doesn't make any logical sense.

Some of us on this thread get where you're coming from. At any rate, hope you have a great trip! :)

Correct. But I don't get the argument of higher AP's complaining that the parks are going to be more crowded now during these 10 days. It's the summer. Kids and teachers are out of school, people are talking summer trips, it's not a slow time to go to Disney in the first place.

I don't think anyone is buying a higher AP just to have it to personally go when lower tier AP's are blacked out. You're buying a higher AP because you'd like to go to Disney whenever you'd like and good chance you're going to be going during those busy times when lower AP's are blacked out.

Yes and thats the point, crowds now will be heavier than normal. Maybe people won't notice them, maybe they will, but the fact is, people paid to be able to go on those dates and other people didn't and its not an insignificant amount of money.

So you based your decision to go to the parks during high busy season in the middle of the summer because it's a black out time for some annual passholders (blocked out because its one of the busiest times)? That doesn't make any logical sense.
Why wouldn't it?

Some people can only feasibly go in the summer. So why wouldn't they potentially pick summer days where at least a portion of the potential market will expressly not be able to attend? I get that Disney picks these dates based on roughly what they anticipate demand to be, but when your trip is right on the cusp like this, picking the blackout dates over non-blackout dates can certainly make sense.

And there's no arguing against lifting the blackout adding to the baseline crowds. No way -- logically.

I'm really not sure why people think Disney is responsible for keeping things fair. They're a business, and they'll do what's good for business.

Bottom line, block out dates are subject to change. Hope ya'll don't get mad about the fact that they lifted the August CM guest pass block out dates for DAK.

There's still blackout dates in Dec and Jan so those with a silver pass are still forbidden to go during that super slow time between Christmas and NYE. Hopefully those that only schedule to go when silver is blacked out experience some super low crowds during that time

Very true. When I started this thread I didn't know the full scope. Do I regret starting it? No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter