Angry lifting block out dates

Only 5 days of your trip is affected by this 10 day blackout lift.

Aug 1-10th was the only thing lifted. So your Aug 11th and 12th days remain the same. There wasn't a blackout date on those days. Which since I'm silver, Aug 11th is still the day I'm coming up. Even living 2 hours away, with such short notice of the lift it's not making me coming up sooner.

And exactly. When people complain about stuff at Disney..They could always be at home or at work. Things could always be worse
Our trip is Aug 4-11--heading home on the 11th. Our actual days in the parks are Aug 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Last edited:
Since we are taking about Disney giving away something for nothing how do those who are angry about this feel about comp tickets? They have as much an impact to your park days as this change. You mad at them too?

Who's stirring the pot now?

This post is all spam now. The comments have nothing to do with the question that was asked and should be locked.

I just booked YC on Hotwire next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it shows they have excess inventory of rooms available and are now selling wholesale through Hotwire.

I have noticed in the last 48 hours that FP avail for the 5th and 6th when I am there has decreased significantly. When I booked on Monday I was able to get all the FP I wanted and at good times except pandora of course. Suddenly yesterday and today most of the headliners show unavailable for modification.

I just booked YC on Hotwire next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it shows they have excess inventory of rooms available and are now selling wholesale through Hotwire.

I just looked for the dates of my trip for beach club and its not available. I don't get why they wouldn't do it for summer promotions and instead sell it on hotwire. Thats a great rate.

We have Florida Resident AP's with the black out dates and it is by choice. We do not go near WDW in the summer because of the heat and the crowds. I honestly do no think lifting the black out dates will make a huge difference. Sure a few people will take advantage of the black out lift but I believe most people with the summer black out pass purchased it because they do not want to visit during that time. We are lucky enough to live 50 miles from WDW and can go whenever we wish but we do not pass through the gates until after Labor Day every year. Relax and enjoy your time at Disney. Everything will be fine :)

I have noticed in the last 48 hours that FP avail for the 5th and 6th when I am there has decreased significantly. When I booked on Monday I was able to get all the FP I wanted and at good times except pandora of course. Suddenly yesterday and today most of the headliners show unavailable for modification.

I'm confused, are you thinking the lack of 5th and 6th FPs are due to the passholder block out dates being lifted? I'm pretty sure they are still blocked out until August 1st, so that wouldn't be the reason you are noticing less FP availability.

I'm confused, are you thinking the lack of 5th and 6th FPs are due to the passholder block out dates being lifted? I'm pretty sure they are still blocked out until August 1st, so that wouldn't be the reason you are noticing less FP availability.
I could be wrong but I think they were talking about August 5th and August 6th? So if that's the case they may be checking to adjust their FPs but when they go into modify for August 5th and 6th they are seeing less options available.

I guess the posters that have been saying "Then don't go, more room for me" whatever Disney does got their wish.

The irony is that if people aren't going to WDW they manipulate the hours, lifts bans etc so there really won't be more room.

People that complain about people complaining crack me up.

I can see both sides on this one, but there are so many variables to consider. Not everyone who has had the blackout lifted can make a last moment trip. Locals may only go in the evenings or weekends, but not on weekdays because of work and other commitments. So the overall impact may be less than many expect (although I do expect the last few days before they close, which would not have been blacked out anyway, to be crowded and chaotic).

I have the platinum pass and booked a last minute trip for this coming week to ride those two attractions one more time. I would not be doing this if it weren't for closing attractions. My sister and her husband have the silver passes, but aren't planning to make a special trip for those two attractions because we already have a family trip planned for September. So in our case, the scenario is a little flip flopped to what people might expect.

I don't begrudge the lifting of the blackout though either. Sometimes you get a perk, sometimes you don't. There have been times when things worked out in my favor and times they worked against me.

No, the initial 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter