• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Amy's (Non-Disney) Designs - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy - you are reaching the dreaded 250 mark & another moderator may come in and close your thread so wanted to warn you to start another one and let me know when you want me to close it. :goodvibes

Penny,

Thanks for the update! If you do not remember, I have already started the next one, so you would not have to re-do the designer's sticky. I am hoping to drag this one out to the 250 pages before it is closed. My guess is that it will be in the next week or two. I will let you know when I reach 250 so that you can close it (if someone doesn't do it before you).

Hi Amy. I have a transfer question. I have a design with one large image and two smaller images. I was thinking of cutting out the two smaller designs and layering them over the larger. Can I iron on a transfer on top of another transfer? If this would work should I iron on the large transfer then do the two smaller ones or should I place the smaller ones over the big one and iron on all three at once? Thanks so much! -Roni
Oh, can you tell me how to post photos from either my email or my iPhone camera to the board. I'm planning to make most of my shirts, and bags tomorrow and I want to show everyone how the lovely designs turned out on the finished product! I can't wait!

If you want to overlap the transfer, you should lay them all down at the same time and iron them at the same time. I have done this once. It does work just fine but know that I do not think they last as long this way. When I did mine, it seemed like they did not lay as flat and cracked a lot sooner that others that were only one layer thick. A better bet might be to layer the graphics on the computer (if possible) to make one large design and then the design itself will only be one layer. Does that make sense?

About how to post pictures here on the boards, I answered this for you in post #3672 of this thread. If you have any addtional questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Hi Amy!

I have a question for you. I have tried searching through the oodles of posts on this forum but can't seem to find what I am looking for. You really seem to know your stuff so I am hoping you can help.

I got some DISigns a few years ago for a trip and I bought iron on transfers at Walmart. I think they were from Kodak. I made the shirts and they turned out ok, however after 2 washes or so the transfer cracked and peeled and looked really crappy. I am hoping to do a few shirts for a friend but wanted to find out what the secret it to making the shirts correctly and making them so that they last. Is there something I need to do to seal them or better paper to be used or what did I do wrong???

I wanted to also request the Lego Star ward design that you have on the first post or two of this thread. If I could get that for

Austin
Gabriel
Benjamin

also not sure if you can or not, but if there is anyway to do it could you add the autism awareness ribbon (its the one with the puzzle pieces) to the one for Austin somewhere?

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Amy!

I have a question for you. I have tried searching through the oodles of posts on this forum but can't seem to find what I am looking for. You really seem to know your stuff so I am hoping you can help.

I got some DISigns a few years ago for a trip and I bought iron on transfers at Walmart. I think they were from Kodak. I made the shirts and they turned out ok, however after 2 washes or so the transfer cracked and peeled and looked really crappy. I am hoping to do a few shirts for a friend but wanted to find out what the secret it to making the shirts correctly and making them so that they last. Is there something I need to do to seal them or better paper to be used or what did I do wrong???

I wanted to also request the Lego Star ward design that you have on the first post or two of this thread. If I could get that for

Austin
Gabriel
Benjamin

also not sure if you can or not, but if there is anyway to do it could you add the autism awareness ribbon (its the one with the puzzle pieces) to the one for Austin somewhere?

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you.

About how to make the transfers last longer... it has a lot more to do with the quality of the transfer than it does what you do/ or do not do. I have made many over the years and followed the directions to a T and they still cracked. In fact, one shredded after the very first wash. After a lot of searching, I finally found the best dark transfers! I sell them on my webpage if you are interested. I would be glad to send you the link to my site but you will need to supply me with your email address for me to do so.

Here are your requested designs... If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to ask.

benjamin_lego.jpg

austin_lego_ribbon.jpg

gabriel_lego.jpg

Hey Amy!! I wanted to know if you could make a design for me? Me and my leader dog puppy in training are walking in a holiday parade and I wanted a cute dog themed/christmas theme shirt design for the parade. Her name is Daisy and she's a puppy I'm raising through Leader Dog's for the Blind. She's also a black lab if that helps.

thanks Amy in advance!! Love your work lots n lots.

Meredith :tinker:

Hi Amy!

Your DISign's looked great on our cabin door back in August of this year! :thumbsup2 And now I just booked another cruise! Could you help me out with a few new DISigns? No hurry...we have 10 months until we cruise! :goodvibes

Page 225 - Post 3371
The beach scene with the Oasis of the Seas in the background, and two chairs on the beach.
Personalization: Dan and Crystal...And could you put somewhere on the top in a smaller font "Celebrating 17 Magical Years"..or something like that...

Page 222 - Post 3321
The palm tree one with the Oasis of the Seas.
Personalization: August 25, 2012...The Tenney Family (Or Dan, Crystal, Blake & Dylan)...Nassau, Bahamas:Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas:Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Page 186 - Post 2778
Madagascar one with all of the characters.
Shrek one with all of the characters.
Personalization on both: Oasis of the Seas...The Tenney's August 25, 2012 (Just make this part small somewhere...hopefully it will not get stolen with personalization on it.)

That's it! I really appreciate your time in making these. Again, no hurry!
princess: Crystal

Hi Amy. I am sorry but I have another transfer question. On some of my shirts I can clearly feel the edge of the transfer and on others I can't. If I can really feel the edge do I need to iron the transfer longer? Thanks! Oh, they look amazing! I will email you a review in the next few days. -Roni

Hey Amy!! I wanted to know if you could make a design for me? Me and my leader dog puppy in training are walking in a holiday parade and I wanted a cute dog themed/christmas theme shirt design for the parade. Her name is Daisy and she's a puppy I'm raising through Leader Dog's for the Blind. She's also a black lab if that helps.

thanks Amy in advance!! Love your work lots n lots.

Meredith :tinker:

I worked on this for you - let me know if you would like any changes...

christmas_blacklab.jpg

Hi Amy!

Your DISign's looked great on our cabin door back in August of this year! :thumbsup2 And now I just booked another cruise! Could you help me out with a few new DISigns? No hurry...we have 10 months until we cruise! :goodvibes

Page 225 - Post 3371
The beach scene with the Oasis of the Seas in the background, and two chairs on the beach.
Personalization: Dan and Crystal...And could you put somewhere on the top in a smaller font "Celebrating 17 Magical Years"..or something like that...

Page 222 - Post 3321
The palm tree one with the Oasis of the Seas.
Personalization: August 25, 2012...The Tenney Family (Or Dan, Crystal, Blake & Dylan)...Nassau, Bahamas:Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas:Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Page 186 - Post 2778
Madagascar one with all of the characters.
Shrek one with all of the characters.
Personalization on both: Oasis of the Seas...The Tenney's August 25, 2012 (Just make this part small somewhere...hopefully it will not get stolen with personalization on it.)

That's it! I really appreciate your time in making these. Again, no hurry!

Here are your requested designs...

dan_cruisechairs.jpg

tenney_cruise2b.jpg

tenney_shrekfull.jpg

tenneys_madagascar.jpg

Hi Amy. I am sorry but I have another transfer question. On some of my shirts I can clearly feel the edge of the transfer and on others I can't. If I can really feel the edge do I need to iron the transfer longer? Thanks! Oh, they look amazing! I will email you a review in the next few days. -Roni

I am not exactly sure what you mean but if you think that edges of the transfer are not down fully, then yes, you can iron the transfer longer. Be sure to follow the directions again and be sure to preheat and cover with the parchment paper. Be extra careful if the design is on a red shirt that you do not iron too long. I hope this helps!

Hi Amy,

I'm baaack. I work at a school for teen mom's in the daycare and we have a big bulletin board in there. They have no cute decorations for any seasons and I was wondering if you could maybe come up with or if you already have cute fall or Halloween theme things that I could use. Would like some things with the babies names on them to put in the middle of the board. If you could come up with anything I would be thrilled. Thanks so much

ooooh!!! I love it!! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!! Thank you so much Amy!!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

The DISigns for our Oasis cruise look great! Thanks a bunch for your hard work and creativity!

Hi Amy,

Last minute my kids changed their minds and want a monkey party instead of Mickey Mouse Club House. I'm looking for something with a cute monkey that says birthday boy and birthday girl (monkey with a bow) that I can make shirts with and maybe a candy bar wrapped too. If you have time I'd appreciate it, but it not please let me know. thanks

Amy, thank you so much for the cookie monster designs! You were so fast that I missed the post and thought you hadn't done them until I went back today and looked!

Can you make one that also says "Me love cookies!" as well? If it's too much, just let me know!

Hi Amy,

I'm baaack. I work at a school for teen mom's in the daycare and we have a big bulletin board in there. They have no cute decorations for any seasons and I was wondering if you could maybe come up with or if you already have cute fall or Halloween theme things that I could use. Would like some things with the babies names on them to put in the middle of the board. If you could come up with anything I would be thrilled. Thanks so much

I assumed the same baby names as before, let me know if I guessed wrong...

elijah_halloweennametag.jpg

reily_halloweennametag.jpg

gabreal_halloweennametag.jpg

norine_halloweennametag.jpg

victoria_halloweennametag.jpg

Hi Amy,

Last minute my kids changed their minds and want a monkey party instead of Mickey Mouse Club House. I'm looking for something with a cute monkey that says birthday boy and birthday girl (monkey with a bow) that I can make shirts with and maybe a candy bar wrapped too. If you have time I'd appreciate it, but it not please let me know. thanks

I hope you like these... if you would like their names anywhere on them, let me know.

monkey_boy.jpg

monkey_girl.jpg

candybar_monkey.jpg

candybar_monkey_girl.jpg

Amy, thank you so much for the cookie monster designs! You were so fast that I missed the post and thought you hadn't done them until I went back today and looked!

Can you make one that also says "Me love cookies!" as well? If it's too much, just let me know!

Not too much at all - easy fix...

me_cookiemonster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter