• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing today :(

So you have been speaking with the CM's? I have been stressed :scared: out like you wouldn't believe thinking that it might come out today.......and me at work:scared1:. So I am a little relieved :) that it is not till tomorrow and I can have my TA take care of things for me:yay:.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be able to step away from the computer :surfweb: and relax!:dance3:

thanks for the head's up. I'm almost relieved because I haven't decided what accommodations I want yet. I keep going back and forth between ASFS and Fort wilderness cabins. I suppose disney will decide for me when I check for availability.

Hey just posted this on another thread, but there seems to be more activity here. I just called to switch my ressie at POR for 10/1-10/9 to FD, and was told by CM that there are no rooms available! I did not think the rooms would fill up so quickly! She said to try back later tonight. Does this seem right?

Just in case I scared anyone with this post, I called this morning and got FD at POR. Phew!

Just in case I scared anyone with this post, I called this morning and got FD at POR. Phew!

I wonder if they release more rooms everyday...like a quota of sorts.:confused3
Say they have 50 rooms at ___ resort(SPECULATING:)) to release for the promo and they released 20 rooms the first day 10 the next and 10 more the next until all the rooms for the promo are gone...again JUST SPECULATING.

Congrats by the way Katiebear. We :lovestrucLOVE POR!! We usually stay there but this year we decided to surprise the kids with CBR-Pirates...They think we are going in September(per usual) but they don't know for sure and we tell them we are not sure we can afford it...which they don't believe...Don't we know money grows on trees:lmao:

I am hoping for Pop, but I believe it will end up being ASMu. Which are both fine with me........This will be our first stay at a value resort. And my daughter and nephew are soooooo excited.:thumbsup2

I believe this question has probably been answered. But if you booked to rooms on the same reservation...is that a 400.00 deposit or just 200.00. Just curious. I have heard both.

Does anyone know *if* it is released to the General Public tomorrow what time we can start calling?

Well DH and I ran the numbers and we have decided that we are going to go ahead with DISNEY! So if tomorrow FD is open to the GP, then I will try to get a room! We are hoping for Pop but I guess we will see! I will also be on the lookout for the next promo since we are going Oct 1- Oct 8. We are flexible with our dates to go later. But for now...looks as though Disney will be our destination!

I called Friday nite and switched to disney visa cc and got our FD. We had already made reservations at POR for august. I had no problems doing this, spoke with a very pleasant CM.

.... sending pixie dust to all! pixiedust:

those cm's were pretty tricky! i booked with the disney visa, and the cm originally quoted me a rate with the preferred room as well. i said i didn't want a preferred room, we were wanting to request another section. then when she confirmed with me, she listed the vacation insurance as part of the total. i told her i didn't want that either. then she was doing a hard sell for MNSSHP tix, saying they sell out quickly. we are going 9/28-10/1, i didn't think it would be an issue, especially since there are 2 parties during that time, so i said we weren't sure about dates. When i got my email, i noticed it said preferred room! i immediatly called back, and they switched it, but there was the hard sell fot the party tix again. i am planning on buying, but geez, give me a minute to recover from buying plane tix and putting down a deposit before youstart going after me for another $120!

I know I have read the CM's feel pressure to meet quotas so they try had to "push" certain things but they truely need not to be adding things visitors do not want. I think for us "informed Disers" who for the most part have in mind what we want before calling it can get to be a bit frustrating, on the other hand for anyone not knowing about such things as the various Holiday Parties etc it might be a welcomed suggestion :)

I believe this question has probably been answered. But if you booked to rooms on the same reservation...is that a 400.00 deposit or just 200.00. Just curious. I have heard both.

I was told I could change my cc and have the original deposit credited to me or just add another 200 on Dvisa .... We opted for keeping the original deposit and just putting down $200 on the Dvisa ... -400 on the vacation was fine with us! Again, I had a very pleasant CM.

Well DH and I ran the numbers and we have decided that we are going to go ahead with DISNEY! So if tomorrow FD is open to the GP, then I will try to get a room! We are hoping for Pop but I guess we will see! I will also be on the lookout for the next promo since we are going Oct 1- Oct 8. We are flexible with our dates to go later. But for now...looks as though Disney will be our destination!

Great News ! Good luck when you call tomorrow for FD :wizard:

I know I have read the CM's feel pressure to meet quotas so they try had to "push" certain things but they truely need not to be adding things visitors do not want. I think for us "informed Disers" who for the most part have in mind what we want before calling it can get to be a bit frustrating, on the other hand for anyone not knowing about such things as the various Holiday Parties etc it might be a welcomed suggestion :)

I've had experience with one pushy CM, but I'm guessing that was the exception rather than the norm.

Being subjected to a hard sell and have extras added to your reservation is very unDisney-like.

Quick question - if I call tomorrow morning and book our trip with the GP FD offer for 9/25-10/4 and then later this year they announce an extension into December for the FD will I be able to change the dates of my trip without a problem? We're scared of it being too hot in Sept...:lmao:

Good deal!!!! We are hoping to downgrade to Pop..........cross your fingers we can get Pop.

I booked 2 rooms at POP and paid 2 separate $200 deposits.

Does anyone know *if* it is released to the General Public tomorrow what time we can start calling?
Disney phone lines open at 6 am est. For our trip in December last year, I started calling at 5:58 cst. The call at 6:00, as the computer jumped to 6, the call went through and I was immediately talking to a cm.

I booked 2 rooms at POP and paid 2 separate $200 deposits.

Disney phone lines open at 6 am est. For our trip in December last year, I started calling at 5:58 cst. The call at 6:00, as the computer jumped to 6, the call went through and I was immediately talking to a cm.

Everything I've read has been pointing to 7AM Est. :confused3 That means a 5 am call for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter