2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 8 year old daughter loved BYBQ, this year will be our first time for Cape May Cafe, has anyone eaten there before and is it good for dinner

I have 1 too many TS booked for our stay. I had thought we'd just pay out of pocket for one of our breakfasts. But, I'm not sure if I should cancel one meal instead. Any suggestions?

Here are ours....
Chef Mickey (dinner)
Coral Reef
Ohana (breakfast) * Been there for dinner, but not breakfast
Whispering Canyon Café *
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
Boma
Play n Dine at Hollywood n Vine (lunch) *
Tusker House (breakfast) *

* Denotes ones that are new for us

My 8 year old daughter loved BYBQ, this year will be our first time for Cape May Cafe, has anyone eaten there before and is it good for dinner

We ate dinner at Cape May Cafe in February of '09 and didn't care for it. We're not big fans of clams. :) But, we had breakfast there this past March and really liked it.

We are going to

Sci-fi- lunch
Princess Breakfast in Norway
Le Cellier- dinner
Shutters
Donald's Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast.

Need to cancel either Donald's or Crystal Palace when my daughter makes up her mind.

We are going to

Sci-fi- lunch
Princess Breakfast in Norway
Le Cellier- dinner
Shutters
Donald's Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast.

Need to cancel either Donald's or Crystal Palace when my daughter makes up her mind.

Have you been to shutters before, is that a CB

first time eating in
italy,
france and
the wave
does anybody have any experience in these restaurants:confused3

We have eaten at Tutto (Italy) twice and enjoyed it both times. The food was excellent, and the service was great. However, it is waaayy overpriced, so I would only recommend it if you have the dining plan, which hopefully you will! :goodvibes
We also had lunch in France. We got to meet Remy which was a wonderful experience, but the food was just ok. I am glad we did it once, but have no desire to go back.

I have 1 too many TS booked for our stay. I had thought we'd just pay out of pocket for one of our breakfasts. But, I'm not sure if I should cancel one meal instead. Any suggestions?

Here are ours....
Chef Mickey (dinner)
Coral Reef
Ohana (breakfast) * Been there for dinner, but not breakfast
Whispering Canyon Café *
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
Boma
Play n Dine at Hollywood n Vine (lunch) *
Tusker House (breakfast) *

* Denotes ones that are new for us

We have eaten at all of the above. Chef Mickey's was not great for us in Dec. We won't be hurrying back there. The food was "meh" but the kids enjoyed meeting the characters.
We LOVE all of your other choices except for Play n Dine. Honestly that is the only one I would consider canceling.

What ever you all do, don't eat at ABC Commissary at Hollywood Studios, my family ate there last year and we were all sick in the room the next day, it took my daughter 3 days to fell completely better again and she never gets sick, just a heads up:sad2:

We have eaten at all of the above. Chef Mickey's was not great for us in Dec. We won't be hurrying back there. The food was "meh" but the kids enjoyed meeting the characters.
We LOVE all of your other choices except for Play n Dine. Honestly that is the only one I would consider canceling.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the food isn't great at Chef Mickey. But, we're actually making that one our big dinner with my parents, in-laws, brother and his girlfriend. We have the best memories from that restaurant with our son and the character interactions. I think they'll all get a kick out of seeing him excited. Have you been to Play n Dine for lunch or breakfast? We went there for dinner (with no characters) and didn't like it. But, our son likes those characters so I thought we'd try it for lunch. And, I heard it's pretty loud and upbeat with lots of dancing and music, which my son loves! Did I hear correct that Handy Manny is replacing Goliath?

We LOVE all of your other choices except for Play n Dine. Honestly that is the only one I would consider canceling.

I agree that the food isn't great at Chef Mickey. But, we're actually making that one our big dinner with my parents, in-laws, brother and his girlfriend. We have the best memories from that restaurant with our son and the character interactions. I think they'll all get a kick out of seeing him excited. Have you been to Play n Dine for lunch or breakfast? We went there for dinner (with no characters) and didn't like it. But, our son likes those characters so I thought we'd try it for lunch. And, I heard it's pretty loud and upbeat with lots of dancing and music, which my son loves! Did I hear correct that Handy Manny is replacing Goliath

I think that Chef Mickey's will be a fun place to have a big family dinner. The food was not great, but none of us left hungry. It is definately an exciting place that will get everyone in the Disney ::MickeyMo Mood. ;)

Are you sure there are characters at Play N Dine for lunch?
We had breakfast there is it was ok. The reviews for the lunch/dinner buffet seem consistently terrible so I have never considered eating lunch or dinner there. (We enjoy Sci Fi or 50's) Our kids are way past the characters there, so breakfast is out for us too.;) I did read Handy Manny is replacing Goliath (finally!) but I am not sure of the official switch over date.

Got my fingers crossed that our friends will be able to join us at Pop in August. They will upgrade to the regular Disney Dining Plan and join us at:

Chefs de France (Dinner)
Ohana (Dinner)
Chef Mickey's (Dinner and I'm hesitant--it wasn't that good last year, but our friends have never been, and DS and my nephew both want it. It is a quintessential experience.)
Mama Melrose (Lunch Fantasmic Package)
Cape May Cafe (Dinner)
1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
LeCellier (Dinner)

I made ADRs for the above meals and included our friends in the headcount. Just hoping they get Pop for our dates. :)

I agree that the food isn't great at Chef Mickey. But, we're actually making that one our big dinner with my parents, in-laws, brother and his girlfriend. We have the best memories from that restaurant with our son and the character interactions. I think they'll all get a kick out of seeing him excited. Have you been to Play n Dine for lunch or breakfast? We went there for dinner (with no characters) and didn't like it. But, our son likes those characters so I thought we'd try it for lunch. And, I heard it's pretty loud and upbeat with lots of dancing and music, which my son loves! Did I hear correct that Handy Manny is replacing Goliath

I think that Chef Mickey's will be a fun place to have a big family dinner. The food was not great, but none of us left hungry. It is definately an exciting place that will get everyone in the Disney ::MickeyMo Mood. ;)

Are you sure there are characters at Play N Dine for lunch?
We had breakfast there is it was ok. The reviews for the lunch/dinner buffet seem consistently terrible so I have never considered eating lunch or dinner there. (We enjoy Sci Fi or 50's) Our kids are way past the characters there, so breakfast is out for us too.;) I did read Handy Manny is replacing Goliath (finally!) but I am not sure of the official switch over date.

Yeah, I'm sure there are characters for lunch. A friend of mine went on her last trip and said lunch was actually really good. But, just to be sure, I checked allears.net also and the characters are definitely there for lunch. I think the one I'm not sure of is Whispering Canyon. We're staying at WL. So, it would be convenient. And, my son loves stick horses and loud, exciting environments. My husband and I, on the other hand, are on the shy side. And, I haven't heard great things about the food from friends of ours who ate dinner at WC. Hopefully some others can give me some opinions on that one!

Good Luck to all of us booking in the morning!!!!!:dance3::dance3:

May we all get the resort we want!!!;););)

:wizard::banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo::cool1:popcorn:::yay::rolleyes1:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

We are going for 14 nights and after pricing out the upgrade from QS to the regular DP it is $560 for us (we are staying at ASMO). We then priced out what it would cost to eat at some of our favorite TS restaurants and to eat at 6 TS (Trails end Buffet (before the movie), Le Cellier lunch, Sci-Fi, Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, and Tusker house breakfast) including tips was about $545. We figure we will pay out of pocket for these instead and enjoy the extra CS meals and the extra time in the parks. That is a good savings when you consider what we would pay for tips on top of the price of the upgade. Has anyone else crunched the numbers to see if this works for them?

This question may have already been asked....but if I already have ADRs and they announce the free dining tomorrow, do I have to re-do our ADRs or does our reservation number stay the same?

I just asked this on the restaurant thread...but I'm so excited..I'm a little impatient..just a little bit.. So, my question is also about ADR's and if I were to make an ADR for CRT after I booked FD, would I still have to pay the full amount of the dinner now, or is there a way to show that I am on the dining plan?

I agree that the food isn't great at Chef Mickey. But, we're actually making that one our big dinner with my parents, in-laws, brother and his girlfriend. We have the best memories from that restaurant with our son and the character interactions. I think they'll all get a kick out of seeing him excited. Have you been to Play n Dine for lunch or breakfast? We went there for dinner (with no characters) and didn't like it. But, our son likes those characters so I thought we'd try it for lunch. And, I heard it's pretty loud and upbeat with lots of dancing and music, which my son loves! Did I hear correct that Handy Manny is replacing Goliath?[/QUOTE]

We have to go to Hollywood and Vine because it was the only one left that had Fantasmic. I haven't eaten at HV but I hear the food isn't very good.

Today I dropped my 40% pin and got the FD. I did not have huge savings like others ($77.39). I thought that it was worth it because I do have an extra day ticket for each of us. The CM I spoke to was very nice and helpful. Glad I called every penny counts. :cool1:

This question may have already been asked....but if I already have ADRs and they announce the free dining tomorrow, do I have to re-do our ADRs or does our reservation number stay the same?

You don't have to redo your ADRs. If you already have a resort reservation, they can just add the free dining to your current reservation without changing your reservation number. Even if they did have to change the res. # for some reason, it wouldn't effect your ADRs. :)

We loved the Tusker House for Breakfast. For lunch and Dinner..GROSS..there were so many things we tried that literally tasted like you were eating the inside of bugs...yuck!

We ate at Tusker House last year for lunch and thought it was wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter