2008 BAN Wagon Support Group

Bumping because I can feel myself slipping....... :blush:

Hang on, MazdaUK. Don't let those fingers of yours do any walking along the keyboard of online shopping!:eek:

Think about how much you are WASTING in postage. That money could be items in your hand. So stay away from on-line.

I had a minor slip the other day. I ran into my LSS to pick up 1 piece of Bazzill that I needed to complete a layout... I wasn't terrible- just $8 but none of it but the one piece of Bazzill was necessary. Then Target had a $4 item that I couldn't resist. Not terrible, but a small slip.

I caved in yesterday. I ebayed and won a Fabulous Finds cart. I heard it has the file folder and slides. Great for swaps. I did allow myself 4 carts when we started. And I am not paying more than 50. With shipping this one was 48.

Last month I pre ordered a basic grey line. Has not been shipped but I have already paid for it. Did I need the paper.... not at all. It is the dinosaur line and I think it is adorable for disney,zoo, and just boy stuff. Other than that I am doing okay. No urge to go to lss or acmoore (not even with a 50% coupon).

I slipped too. I had to go to Target for a birthday present for DH. And in case you hadn't heard, the SB aisle is on clearance again. :rolleyes1 I bought 3 things. One was a pack of Jolee's for SIOH's baby book, but then I bought 2 packs of crystal brads (I blame Buffy for making me think about brads). It was only about $5 worth of stuff though.

Now, tonight I am going to the LSS with the Bazzill. It will be the last time I go to this store before the move, so I will be spending some money on cardstock. I don't think I put it on the list of excluded items, but it really should be.

Basic Grey are doing a dinosaur line :scared1: DS(8) is SO going to want that for his pages. Over here I can't but spend money on shipping :headache: Our WHS has a little scrap stuff, but DCWV stacks are the same price in £ as you pay in $ (so I just pick them up and stroke them :blush:) and the only hobby store is not easy to get to if Dh has the car, and is very expensive (so even with postage online is cheaper :sad2: ) I'm best just not to spend..... but my favourite online kitchen supplier also does hobby stuff including stamps, scrap sturff.... and I do need oven gloves...it would be a shame to pay £3.95 postage on one item.....:rolleyes1

I've been really good. The last stuff I bought was 2 weeks ago. It was 4 sheets of paper for a layout and some adhesive. After my eye appointment yesterday my sister and I went to HL to get some t-shirts to make for our DL trip since they were on sale. I showed her the Disney cuttlebug folders, but managed to resist the urge to buy. All we bought were the 4 t-shirts for $10. :) Now I just have to finalize the designs and buy the transfer paper. I went into Joanns the other day and didn't buy a thing though the DCWV Spring stack was very tempting. As was the spring stack cardstock. I might get one of the spring stack since there were quite a few of papers that I would be able to use. I've been trying to work on more digital layouts lately since that reduces the urge to spend money on paper and stuff. Though I have 50 days left to finish my New England book before our DL trip. The goal is to finish that so I can work on the DL trip as soon as we get back.

I was even good at the bookstore last week. :) I only bought the one book I needed because it was a sequel to the book I had just finished. And I only bought 2 new books this week at Target, where they are cheaper. That is an improvement from the 4 or 5 I would buy at Borders or BN.

Just coming over to brag about how well I stayed on the wagon today. My MIL has a great scrapping store about 10 minutes from her house (Right at Home in North Attleboro, MA). We visited her today (hadn't seen her in a while) and I made the decision before we left home that I wasn't even going to "sneak" over for a few minutes. I figured that just visiting the store was putting too much temptation in my path, so I figured better off not going at all. Oh well. Hope everyone else is doing well on the Ban. I see that a few of you have "slipped off" but don't worry, I'm here to give you a hand back up!! .........................P

Just coming over to brag about how well I stayed on the wagon today. My MIL has a great scrapping store about 10 minutes from her house (Right at Home in North Attleboro, MA). We visited her today (hadn't seen her in a while) and I made the decision before we left home that I wasn't even going to "sneak" over for a few minutes. I figured that just visiting the store was putting too much temptation in my path, so I figured better off not going at all. Oh well. Hope everyone else is doing well on the Ban. I see that a few of you have "slipped off" but don't worry, I'm here to give you a hand back up!! .........................P

I've been to that store and I commend you for being so brave. I can't tell you how many times I've spent a wad in there. It pleases me to know I don't live that close where I'd be tempted to go all the time.

I have been so wanting to order the pooh carts after seeing post with them beginning to arrive. I have not. I keep telling myself I will wait till I can get them for $50. It is hard. And today I got an email showing all the new Sea World stuff I am interested in and some other disney stuff. I really want those, but I am not going to SW until July, so it will stiff be there to order.

One thing that is helping is the pitful state our economy is getting into. I heard on the news today gas will be going up another .20 to .40 in the next 3 weeks. Not good, especially when my DH is a OTR truck driver. I keep saying the word "recession" to him and he keeps telling me to stop. We were only teenagers when the last one hit, so we did not have to worry about the things on "cost of living" like we do now that we are "grown up". I am actually a little scared of the situation.

We were newlyweds for the last recession, and the best advice I can give you is make sure your borrowings are as low as possible - keep your credit cards clear of balances, reduce the length of your mortgage if you can, or increase payments while you can. If you've got money in your pocket you can choose whether to spend or save, but if its all going to service debts your options are limited! If you are renting, try to save like mad then if the property market slumps you can find a relative bargain.

Luckily I hadn't discovered scrapbooking in the last recession :rotfl:

I feel the urge to spend, but I haven't found anything I want! It helps that I'm pretty much staying out of the stores. Even online, I look at various sites and can't find anything to put into my cart:). 10 days into this month and the only money I've spent is postage for my swap stuff.

Stay strong, everyone!

OMG i love that place. it's at the top of the street where my dh works. so anytime i have to drop something off at his work i find a reason so i can sneak in there. its a great little store. i remember when it was only one side. i also took a few classes there. good for you for not going. i can never leave without spending a small fortune.

Had to post what I spent, but it was all on the approved list.

2 power layout kits - ziploc bags just aren't cutting it anymore
2 true 12x12 albums
2 packs of pages
2 packs of page protectors
3 or 4 tape runner refills
crop for me and mom

Grand total $214 + change

I all ready have 21 pages to go in the first album so I'm super excited!!! I think it's the boost I need to keep plowing through the pile of kitted material.

:sad2: i am not doing well. caved to a pack of paper at target on saturday.

:rolleyes1 Me too, not so good.

Saw a pack of Tinkerbell paper clearanced for $9.00 at Michael's today. So I got it.

I bought $21 worth of patterned paper - but it was on sale. Not doing so hot at staying on the ban wagon.

PN96 - I enjoyed talking to you too!

I went to the LSS on Sunday and bought some paper I've been looking for to use for a specific layout. I had been searching for that paper for a while, so I was so excited to finally find it. I looked at Target on Sunday since I saw they had a lot of stuff on clearance, but they didn't have anything that great so it was easy to say no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter