2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone staying at the Marriott Residence Inn the night before?

We were originally planning on staying at the Radisson, but I ended up with a free night at Marriott and took advantage of that.

If anyone else is staying at the Residence Inn, we could plan our own little gathering the night before.

rsschneck said:
I called Fl Tours today for some questions that I had. So, here is the deal

There are a couple of shuttles with different prices

#1 Shuttle holds 22-27 people with luggage for $720 (gratuity included)
#2 Shuttle holds 27-35 people with luggage for $1,000 (gratuity included)
If we have a lot of luggage they will add a trailer to the back of the shuttle.
There is overhead room for carry ons
We can decide on our pick-up times

So, IMO if we have more than 27 people we then go to Mears for the Motor Coach that holds up to 47 people. The price quoted was $897 (gratuity included).

We are up to 21 people already. We need 1 pick-up and 1 drop-off location. So, it looks like BCV is the most likely location.

One contact person. Using their Credit Card. So, money will need to be sent ahead of time to pay for transportation.

5 more folks will fill the bus and decrease the cost. More that 5 will take us to the motor coach. So, who else is interested? We only have 10 more weeks before we cruise!!!!:cheer2:

Great news - thanks for doing all that! We're still discussing car or bus... we need to find out about parking while we are gone.

One question, not that it's going to, but should it rain does that trailer have a cover??? (and I will be doing the no rain dance)

rsschneck said:
Party Bus Update
Those that have replied who would be interested in a party bus:

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)
socks68 (3 people)
tinkerbelle (3 people ???)

We are up to 21 people if tinkerbelle joins in on the fun.

Where is everyone staying before and after the cruise (for transportation reasons) We will be @ BCV

Roxann - we are at BCV both before and after the cruise. Annmarie

chipscinderelly said:
Great news - thanks for doing all that! We're still discussing car or bus... we need to find out about parking while we are gone.

One question, not that it's going to, but should it rain does that trailer have a cover??? (and I will be doing the no rain dance)

The trailer is just if we feel we will have too much luggage. Otherwise the luggage should all fit on the bus (according to FL Tours). Obviously if we go to a Motor Coach everything will be under the bus.

WDWLVR said:
SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 10 weeks!

Woo Hoo! We are another week closer to cruising!

Posting a day early since I'm at Karen's house as we forgot our notebook computer. That would be me that was supposed to bring it out to the car. No time to read the rest of the posts as breakfast is ready. We'll see you guys tomorrow night.

Bumping this in honor of Mary

10 WEEKS TO GO!!! YIPPEE!!!

:hourglass Ten Weeks from today :hourglass

:sail: We'll be sailing away :sail:

:smickey: On a DVC Cruise :smickey:

:Pinkbounc Where we'll all get to PLAY :Pinkbounc

:sunny: We will run in the sun :sunny:

:beach: And have LOTS of FUN :beach:

:thumbsup2 The CM's will be great. :thumbsup2

:flower1: They will not be outdone! :flower1:

:earsgirl: So, get ready, my friends. :earsboy:

:yay: This countdown will soon end :yay:

:boat: We will be on the ship :boat:

:tink:And our JOYS will transcend! :tink:

:rainbow:

Can't believe it's only 10 weeks til I get to see my DVC/DIS friends again - time is flying by!!!

Tonite is DVC chat - here's the link to the room -

http://host50.123flashchat.com/disboards/

I won't be in chat again tonite - I'm driving down to Cleveland to take in a concert of a group I used to follow when I lived back in NJ - :banana:

:tinker:Good morning, Member Cruisers :tinker:

Happy SUNDAY!

Continued prayers for all who need them and for the world in general based on the news out of England this past week. :sad2:

(posted by ohiominnie b/c Mary will be on the road today. Copied her post from a previous day and my edits are in red!) :lmao:

and:

Good morning Cruisers

We sail in 95 weeks*!

*oops. Posted from the wrong thread!! :lmao: Did I scare ya?

:cool1: 10 is my favorite number :cool1:

I can't believe we will be in single digits next week.

I will try to meet everyone in chat tonight. Have a great day.

I can't believe that we are only 10 weeks away. I really can't wait. Tomorrow I have to find a hotel room at Disney for before the cruise. I am hoping to find a stuido somewhere but we will see. I have to work at 9 am so I hope it is slow at work and I can call right away in the morning.

Hope to be in chat tonight after Big Brother. :happytv:

Since Cindy's playing with the :mickeyjum , does anyone else want to guess what my new favorite number is?

Did anyone say 10???? I can't believe the cruise is only 10 weeks away. :cool1: That means we're down to single digit weeks until we leave for WDW (on 10/14). OMG, I'd better get packin'!

WooHoo! 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0!! 10 weeks and still counting. Can't wait until we are into single digits next week! :cool1:

Tom and Shawn are on their way to Fenway Park for the Red Sox game today and I'm working on some budget reports for work. This is going to be a VERY busy week. I have a lot to do and not enough time!

Looks like I won't be taking advantage of MA no sales tax weekend either. Oh well, there wasn't much I needed anyway!

I'll try to stop into chat tonight after Big Brother. Have a good day everyone!

iluvdisney said:
Can't believe it's only 10 weeks til I get to see my DVC/DIS friends again - time is flying by!!!

Tonite is DVC chat - here's the link to the room -

http://host50.123flashchat.com/disboards/

I won't be in chat again tonite - I'm driving down to Cleveland to take in a concert of a group I used to follow when I lived back in NJ - :banana:

Not that I've been in chat before, but I definitely won't be there tonight since we are going to see CSN&Y at the site of the original Woodstock :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Hey there! :wave:
It looks like it has been quite today.

Friday DH & I left work early and had a nice lunch together at Olive Garden. We rescued my parents by picking up my son early (that do like that). Then I went to a scrapbook crop from 7pm - 11pm. I was happy becasue I got several pages done from the last Member Cruise. I vow to have it done before the next cruise!!

Yesterday we had a 1st birthday to go to. It was the daughter of my best friend. It was at a local park. The had the Pavilion and we had a nice picinic BBQ. After the party we headed to their house to go swimming and then did a late dinner at Red Robin.

Today has just been cleaning and grocery shopping and just chillin' out.

Georgie - I love your little poem, It's so cute

We're home! Had a wonderful time in Ohio visiting with Karen (Ohiominnie), Mike (Ohiomickey), and their wonderful children KT and Nick! I have to tell you that this family embodies what the DIS is all about. We first met them on the cruise meets thread for our December 2004 10 day cruise. We also sailed with them on SSMC05 and on this years May 27th Double Scoop cruise. I consider them ture and wonderful friends just like some of the friends I've met on this thread. We spent Friday night eating pizza and looking at the pictures from the May 27th cruise (Mark is making DVD's of 17 families pictures just like Chris did for us last year on SSMC05).

Saturday started with breakfast at their house followed by a day the Columbus Zoo. We then went over to this wonderful shopping village called Easton followed by dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Out for some ice cream and then back to their house to see a video taken of KT and Nick from acting camp.

This morning we met up with Karen, KT and Nick for breakfast (Mike was working) before heading home.

We're hoping that they come up here either this Fall or next Spring. We do have plans to meet up with them in December at WDW for dinner and MVMCP!

DIS friends are the best!

I heard back from Tap & Dap. They had to cancel the Member Cruise so won't be sailing with us. I'll be updating the Member Gallery in the next couple of days. I got Georgie's e-mail so have to add them in.

WDWLVR said:
Saturday started with breakfast at their house followed by a day the Columbus Zoo. We then went over to this wonderful shopping village called Easton followed by dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Out for some ice cream and then back to their house to see a video taken of KT and Nick from acting camp.

EASTON!! :love: I could seriously live there if it wasn't so close to my in-laws. It's just about as close to shopping heaven as there is anywhere.

Glad to hear you guys had a great weekend!

We have decided to fly(yeah) for the dvc member cruise instead of driving. We got a great rate on SW. Does anyone know if there is DVC homes availabile for Friday and Saturday prior to the cruise? We booked the last home left for 10/26-10/30 and still need a studio at Saratoga or 2 studios anywhere for the end of that week. Any insight would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter