2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
acourtwdw said:
We have decided to fly(yeah) for the dvc member cruise instead of driving. We got a great rate on SW. Does anyone know if there is DVC homes availabile for Friday and Saturday prior to the cruise? We booked the last home left for 10/26-10/30 and still need a studio at Saratoga or 2 studios anywhere for the end of that week. Any insight would be great.

I was one of the last people here on the thread to make my reservations for Friday and Saturday pre-cruise. There wasn't any availablity at any of the resorts but they were able to waitlist me for all of them. I got a call not even a week later that a room at SSR was available. Then a few more days passed and something at OKW opened. Maybe 2 weeks after I first waitlisted I got another call that BWV opened up for me. So the waitlist does come though! Good luck!

We originally booked for Oct 21st at the 7 month mark at BWI and were recently notified that our BCV waitlist came through so it's possible!

Good luck :)

Stitch#1 said:
Hey there! :wave:
It looks like it has been quite today.

Friday DH & I left work early and had a nice lunch together at Olive Garden. We rescued my parents by picking up my son early (that do like that). Then I went to a scrapbook crop from 7pm - 11pm. I was happy becasue I got several pages done from the last Member Cruise. I vow to have it done before the next cruise!!

Yesterday we had a 1st birthday to go to. It was the daughter of my best friend. It was at a local park. The had the Pavilion and we had a nice picinic BBQ. After the party we headed to their house to go swimming and then did a late dinner at Red Robin.

Today has just been cleaning and grocery shopping and just chillin' out.

Georgie - I love your little poem, It's so cute

Sound like a great weekend! Yummy drinks at Red Robin!
We went to the beach for 3 hours today. DH got sunburned (Nooo, he didn't need to put sunblock on his belly and legs) Then we had a 2yo birthday party today. Now back to the work grind tomorrow. :badpc:

It looks like it was a busy day for lots of us. I had a bridal shower for one of David's cousin's step-daughters. I knew all of 6 people there, including the bride-to-be and her mother. Oh well, it was only for a couple hours and I got a nice meal out of it.

Then this afternoon we had a 1st birthday to go to for some friends' daughter. Ian was more interested in all the toys than the music and instruments that the "Broadway Babies" person had with her. He enjoyed the cupcake somewhat, but what he really loved was the grapes. Go figure, and I even let him have a chocolate cupcake. (That's okay, I prefer him to have the grapes and cheese anyway. ;))

Ahhh, Ian's asleep and it's finally quiet around here.

Good morning! As I mentioned in chat last night, btw alot of us were there, I am determined to stick to my diet from now until cruise time. I am VERY overweight (all that yummy disney food for the last 26yrs has done me in) and MUST lose before I cruise. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure YET and I am determined not to let that happen. The problem is I have three big stumbling blocks in the next 10 weeks. First is the Aug trip to Disney and to drop off DD which includes ressies to Margaritaville, Tony's Townsquare, Rose and Crown, and Raglan Road (we do know how to eat!). Then in Sept I am going to Sedona/Grand Canyon and to a conference at a hotel for a week. Right after that the Jewish holidays are upon us and lots of fattening traditional foods. Sheesh, I just HAVE to do this but it's going to be hard. I'd like to lose 2lbs/wk so 20 total prior to cruise. I'm gonna use you guys as a support system by posting to the board whenever I feel like snacking at night....you may see alot of posts from me, :rotfl2:

Good morning everyone! We did have a great group in chat last night. I was just too beat from our fun weekend and the ride home so I only stayed 1/2 hour. Now it's back to work for me.

Have a great day everyone!

IleneF said:
Good morning! As I mentioned in chat last night, btw alot of us were there, I am determined to stick to my diet from now until cruise time. I am VERY overweight (all that yummy disney food for the last 26yrs has done me in) and MUST lose before I cruise. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure YET and I am determined not to let that happen. The problem is I have three big stumbling blocks in the next 10 weeks. First is the Aug trip to Disney and to drop off DD which includes ressies to Margaritaville, Tony's Townsquare, Rose and Crown, and Raglan Road (we do know how to eat!). Then in Sept I am going to Sedona/Grand Canyon and to a conference at a hotel for a week. Right after that the Jewish holidays are upon us and lots of fattening traditional foods. Sheesh, I just HAVE to do this but it's going to be hard. I'd like to lose 2lbs/wk so 20 total prior to cruise. I'm gonna use you guys as a support system by posting to the board whenever I feel like snacking at night....you may see alot of posts from me, :rotfl2:

Ilene--Way to go! :thumbsup2 Good luck to you, and remember, we're here for ya!

When I first started in January, I realized just can't diet, I'd be miserable and cheat and I'd be done. So that was one thing I did do--nothing after 7pm except water. And that helped tremendously, plus the fact that I became an exercise junkie. I found the bad thing I did was get on the computer at night and just mindlessly eat do that cut it out. Try it!

I have 14.5 lbs to go before I hit my original goal of 45 lbs. If I can do it, ANYONE can!

Diana you are such an inspiration. :cheer2: I really need to do something and I really like to eat. I guess my new love is exercise. (maybe if I say that enough it will sink in) I am not going to eat at the computer starting today and nothing after 7 pm sounds like a great plan. Ilene we can do this.

I am off for work after not working all summer. The only problem is that I start at 9 and I have to be on the phone with members services at 9 to try to get a room. I hope it is slow today at least until 9:20. :rotfl: Gotta go get the girls out of bed to get to gym. Have a great day all.

Photo Gallery Update!

I've updated the photo gallery with info and pictures for both Georgie (Bonzie1) and Amanda (acourtwdw).

Amanda I think you already know some DISers. Did you attend a dinner with Jim Lewis and Christopher White on pirate night on the last Member Cruise? If so you also dined with 4 DISers. Cheryl, Todd, Mark and I were at that dinner as well. What a small world! Here is the picture from that night and if I'm not mistaken you and your sister are in the back to the left of Jim Lewis. We are in the front row left to right: Mary, Mark, Cheryl and Todd!

palo.jpg

:surfweb: Good Morning Everyone,

One of our officers is off on vacation till September so every other day I'll be the desk bum. Hopefully I can integrate back into the community a little bit more. (BTW - nobody mention baseball this weekend - ugly :sad2: )

This weekend Karen was busier than a one legged man at a hoedown, four pet sitting clients covering a driving circle of about 83.6 miles :scared1: (thank you mapquest) thrice a day. Karen is taking a little nap now - till like next week.

I had the weekend off - so not alot to report there.

Happy Monday all,

IleneF said:
Good morning! As I mentioned in chat last night, btw alot of us were there, I am determined to stick to my diet from now until cruise time. I am VERY overweight (all that yummy disney food for the last 26 yrs has done me in) and MUST lose before I cruise.

Sheesh, I just HAVE to do this but it's going to be hard. I'd like to lose 2lbs/wk so 20 total prior to cruise. I'm gonna use you guys as a support system by posting to the board whenever I feel like snacking at night....you may see alot of posts from me, :rotfl2:

What great motivation! We're here for you. Good Luck! :thumbsup2

I too need to drop some pounds. I am hoping walking will help rev up the metabolism.:banana:

Thanks for your post!

WDWLVR said:
Photo Gallery Update!

I've updated the photo gallery with info and pictures for both Georgie (Bonzie1) and Amanda (acourtwdw).

Thanks Mary... glad we're official now! :goodvibes

Everyone,

A question: Will we be doing sailaway gifts this year? :confused3 Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Thanks!
Georgie

WDWLVR said:
We're home! Had a wonderful time in Ohio visiting with Karen (Ohiominnie), Mike (Ohiomickey), and their wonderful children KT and Nick! I have to tell you that this family embodies what the DIS is all about. We first met them on the cruise meets thread for our December 2004 10 day cruise. We also sailed with them on SSMC05 and on this years May 27th Double Scoop cruise. I consider them ture and wonderful friends just like some of the friends I've met on this thread. We spent Friday night eating pizza and looking at the pictures from the May 27th cruise (Mark is making DVD's of 17 families pictures just like Chris did for us last year on SSMC05).

Saturday started with breakfast at their house followed by a day the Columbus Zoo. We then went over to this wonderful shopping village called Easton followed by dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Out for some ice cream and then back to their house to see a video taken of KT and Nick from acting camp.

This morning we met up with Karen, KT and Nick for breakfast (Mike was working) before heading home.

We're hoping that they come up here either this Fall or next Spring. We do have plans to meet up with them in December at WDW for dinner and MVMCP!

DIS friends are the best!
Sounds like you had a GREAT time in Ohio, Mary!!!!

WDWLVR said:
Good morning everyone! We did have a great group in chat last night. I was just too beat from our fun weekend and the ride home so I only stayed 1/2 hour. Now it's back to work for me.

Have a great day everyone!
Don't feel bad, Mary. I didn't stay in chat long either. I had too many things to get done for Emily's first day of preschool today. She looked adorable. I'll have to post a picture later.

:cool1: Mary,

That's us. I forgot about that picture. I would like to repeat that night on the next cruise.

Also to update on the reservations for pre cruise- We got a 1 bdrm at OKW

IleneF said:
Ok, I'm with you too, Ilene!!! I definitely need to lose weight, and I started today. I'm trying to just eat well and exercise. I have started to cut out my late night snacking, but my problem is in the middle of the day. So, I just need to keep myself busy (but my scrapbook room is a mess, so I need to just organize, instead of snacking).

bonzie1 said:
Everyone,

A question: Will we be doing sailaway gifts this year? :confused3 Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Thanks!
Georgie
I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be bringing my sailaway gifts to the party (same as last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter