2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
I dream about the day I can ditch the double stroller. The stroller is my restraining device and what keeps the TSA from locking me up when they run into a off limits area. :rotfl: Do you know Stitch? :stitch: Julia makes Stitch look calm, sweet and cuddly. :rotfl2:

Plus, my girls are almost 3 and almost 2. They are 13 months apart. Julia weighs 34 lbs and Emma is close to 40 so carrying them doesn't go over well for my back. :lmao:

Oh wait--I think Curt volunteered to carry them around :idea:

I'm thinking next year we can start renting....I can dream, can't I?

I TOTALLY understand the need for a restraining device. These are the tough years for the close aged children but I have heard it gets easier as they get older. Save your back and your sanity - take the double stroller! ;)

I wanted to join the chat last night but I fell asleep early! Must have been too tired from my relaxing afternoon at the beach without my kids yesterday!! That is the first time I ever got to do it. My kids were at camp and I got out of work early so I spent a whole hour and a half at the beach by myself!! Being in the sun makes you tired.
We met 2 of ds Ben's friends from his first grade class for family mini-golf night (whole family for $5!) Funny thing is two other kids from his class happened to show up! There were 5 people out of 17 that ended up at the same mini-golf course on the same night. It feel like the twilight zone!

rsschneck said:
Those that have replied who would be interested in a party bus:

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)

That makes 15 people already! Anyone else? (I will try to keep track)

Roxann - let me know if you need any help. Annmarie

Sorry I missed the chat last night. We went to a baseball game. What a great night. I am loving this weather. Sure seems like late September and not August. BUT that is ok with me.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning Everyone pixiedust:

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood :sunny:

Cindy, Cameron and Walker's flight safely touched down in Orlando (MCO) last night where they were greeted by our neighbor Don who accompanied them to the VWL :goodvibes

This morning, they're starting their day off at AK

Have a great :wave2:

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Krystina! She was so excited to see people knew about her birthday online! It made her day! We had a very busy day yesterday, I had the girls, Lauren(boyfriends dd), and my friends dd all day long. Then at 3 pm 8 more little girls came over for a 6 hr birthday party(my mom put the times on the invitations), we managed to keep them all busy until about 830pm. Krystina had a great time!

Now on a different subject, I would consider doing the party bus, In the end it probably would be cheaper than renting the car, gas, and parking. Let me know the details, and probably count me in!

Good morning!
Glad they made it to the World all right. Hope they have a great time.

Mary, thanks for the early post. Whoo hooo! and, enjoy your trip!

Sorry, we'll be missing out on the Party Bus! It should be fun when it makes the stop to p/u marriage license! Love that idea.

Beautiful day here. Hope it is where you are. Enjoy it. I've begun to enjoy ours. Was out in our National Pafrk doing my walking this a.m. On my way I saw fox, deer, critters all over. Great trek I had.

Hey all!!!

I was thinking of getting the car seat that has the wheels on it... It isn't the super safest, but it travels easily, doubles as a airplane seat, and isn't too huge.

Party bus sounds really fun, but I think I will keep our plans the way they are. We have a fairly early flight out, timing and taxi service make me a little nervous.

Oh well, I'll see you at the port.

:figment:

Well David may not be planning to see everyone until he gets to the port, but Ian and I will definitely be attending the meet on Saturday afternoon. ;)

Now that we are staying at Disney what time is the meet on Sat? I didn't really pay attention since we were getting in late and staying at the port. Now that has all changed

Party Bus Update

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)
socks68 (3 people)
tinkerbelle (3 people ???)

We are up to 21 people if tinkerbelle joins in on the fun.

Where is everyone staying before and after the cruise (for transportation reasons) We will be @ BCV

rsschneck said:
Party Bus Update

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)
socks68 (3 people)
tinkerbelle (3 people ???)

We are up to 21 people if tinkerbelle joins in on the fun.

Where is everyone staying before and after the cruise (for transportation reasons) We will be @ BCV

We're at BWV before at BCV after.

tinkerbelle77 said:
Roxann,

There are 3 of us, and before the cruise we are at BWV and after we are at SSR. It sounds like fun!

Look me up at the Artiste's Pallette after the cruise, I'm sure I'll be working the next day! They'll be missing me on Thursday!;)

bcvprincesses said:
Now that we are staying at Disney what time is the meet on Sat? I didn't really pay attention since we were getting in late and staying at the port. Now that has all changed

The meet is at 3pm at the Solarium in the Beach Club

rsschneck said:
Party Bus Update

We're at POFQ before and BCV after. I could get to BW with no trouble if that's were the pickup point is though.

rsschneck said:
Party Bus Update

Currently we are at Pop C before and SSR after. I'm not sure how we would get to you with bags and such unless we did a cab. I guess that would add $20 round trip but that's still waaay cheaper than $100 RT on DCL.

IleneF said:
Currently we are at Pop C before and SSR after. I'm not sure how we would get to you with bags and such unless we did a cab. I guess that would add $20 round trip but that's still waaay cheaper than $100 RT on DCL.

Hmmm, actually I guess it's not way cheaper on second thought. If bus is $33 each RT EACH plus $20 for cab = $86. But DCL is still $107 so it's still a savings plus we get to be part of the "party" :-)

I called Fl Tours today for some questions that I had. So, here is the deal

There are a couple of shuttles with different prices

#1 Shuttle holds 22-27 people with luggage for $720 (gratuity included)
#2 Shuttle holds 27-35 people with luggage for $1,000 (gratuity included)
If we have a lot of luggage they will add a trailer to the back of the shuttle.
There is overhead room for carry ons
We can decide on our pick-up times

So, IMO if we have more than 27 people we then go to Mears for the Motor Coach that holds up to 47 people. The price quoted was $897 (gratuity included).

We are up to 21 people already. We need 1 pick-up and 1 drop-off location. So, it looks like BCV is the most likely location.

One contact person. Using their Credit Card. So, money will need to be sent ahead of time to pay for transportation.

5 more folks will fill the bus and decrease the cost. More that 5 will take us to the motor coach. So, who else is interested? We only have 10 more weeks before we cruise!!!!:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter