2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonzie1 said:
Everyone,

A question: Will we be doing sailaway gifts this year? :confused3 Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Thanks!
Georgie

We'll be doing our usual packet of buttons and DIS navigator. We'll start handing them out at the Saturday DIS meet and finish them up at the Sunday DIS meet on board.

You guys are making me feel like I'm cheap. Karen and I hav'nt discussed anything along these lines....:sad2:

acourtwdw - Glad to see another MichiGander (I like this way instead of Michiganian). Welcome

alikat99 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be bringing my sailaway gifts to the party (same as last year).

DARN IT. I KNEW there was a reason I meant to book this cruise!!! :( :( :(

alikat99 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be bringing my sailaway gifts to the party (same as last year).

Ok, fill me in on this! I go away for the weekend and I'm finding out something I don't know about!

Elaboration is required! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I only have 10 weeks left you know! :lmao: :lmao:

Those who bring gifts bring them because they want to, not because they are under obligation to. Some people just like to bring a little extra joy. Amy, Diana and Stacy are working on a gift for the kids and that is the important one. We do the buttons and navigators to help bring the group together.

Last year some people (like Amy) brought a little something for everyone and others brought some surprises for a smaller group. There is no right, no wrong, and no expectations. It is all about fun.

Thanks for the update on the photos Mary! I like to look through them on occasion to try to put names with faces. Here is a request for those that are working on getting those photos over to Mary - please :teeth: some of us are very bad with names and it takes a while!

We didn't do sailaway gifts last year and it was a-ok so no one feel like you have to! During the cruise our fish often received little gifts from fellow cruisers and that wasy cool as well. We really enjoyed meeting everyone up on ship and hanging out, getting drinks, watching the dancing down on the pool, taking it all in!

ohiominnie said:
DARN IT. I KNEW there was a reason I meant to book this cruise!!! :( :( :(
Oh Karen - I'll send you a little present!!!!

How do I word this...

I guess I was just spouting off and taking up space, sorry. There is not too much going on here to keep me busy,:bored:so I blundered on the board. I've seen the posts were people say they are doing this (buttons & navigators - BIG THANKS BTW) or that (pens & kiddie goodies - the kids will love you for it) because they WANT to. I think that is awsome and if a person is so inclined, something to emulate. So, once again, I inadvertantly (figuratively speaking) I opened mouth and inserted foot.

In situations like this please just do what Karen does, shake her head :sad2:, shrug her shoulders :confused3, make sure I don't have any sharp objects in hand and move on.

IleneF said:
Good morning! As I mentioned in chat last night, btw alot of us were there, I am determined to stick to my diet from now until cruise time. I am VERY overweight (all that yummy disney food for the last 26yrs has done me in) and MUST lose before I cruise. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure YET and I am determined not to let that happen. The problem is I have three big stumbling blocks in the next 10 weeks. First is the Aug trip to Disney and to drop off DD which includes ressies to Margaritaville, Tony's Townsquare, Rose and Crown, and Raglan Road (we do know how to eat!). Then in Sept I am going to Sedona/Grand Canyon and to a conference at a hotel for a week. Right after that the Jewish holidays are upon us and lots of fattening traditional foods. Sheesh, I just HAVE to do this but it's going to be hard. I'd like to lose 2lbs/wk so 20 total prior to cruise. I'm gonna use you guys as a support system by posting to the board whenever I feel like snacking at night....you may see alot of posts from me, :rotfl2:

Ilene....Good luck with the diet!!! I also started one today, not only for the cruise, but also for my November trip. I am doing Discovery Cove, swim with the dolphins, and I don't want to look like a whale in the wet suit!! :rotfl2: Will look forward to updates on your diet!

alikat99 said:
Oh Karen - I'll send you a little present!!!!

Hee hee.....or we could bump into each other at Epcot. :) :) What were the chances of THAT?

Mary glad you guys had a good trip to Ohio to see Karen and family. I love quick weekend trips - they can be lots of fun.

Ilene good luck with the dieting! I'm still stuck at 27 lbs. I guess maybe it could be more if I would just go back to my exercising. Since the surgery in June, I'm still using that as an excuse to not exercise. It was good for 2 weeks, just trying to see how long I can keep using it ;)

tinkerbelle77 said:
Ilene....Good luck with the diet!!! I also started one today, not only for the cruise, but also for my November trip. I am doing Discovery Cove, swim with the dolphins, and I don't want to look like a whale in the wet suit!! :rotfl2: Will look forward to updates on your diet!

Tina, good luck to you too! You can do it!

ohiominnie said:
Hee hee.....or we could bump into each other at Epcot. :) :) What were the chances of THAT?
I think that was a once-in-a-lifetime kinda things. But, it was super cool!!!

curtdennis said:
How do I word this...

I guess I was just spouting off and taking up space, sorry. There is not too much going on here to keep me busy,:bored:so I blundered on the board. I've seen the posts were people say they are doing this (buttons & navigators - BIG THANKS BTW) or that (pens & kiddie goodies - the kids will love you for it) because they WANT to. I think that is awsome and if a person is so inclined, something to emulate. So, once again, I inadvertantly (figuratively speaking) I opened mouth and inserted foot.

In situations like this please just do what Karen does, shake her head :sad2:, shrug her shoulders :confused3, make sure I don't have any sharp objects in hand and move on.
Oh Curt - don't worry about it.

I'll tell everyone that I do have a little gift, and I do mean little, it's no big deal. The first cruise that I ever went on was in October '03 and it was nicknamed Cruisetoberfest II, because a bunch of the passengers had sailed together the previous year and included a couple of Germans. Anyway, lots of them decided to bring little gifts for the DIS friends as a token either based on where they were from (buckeyes from OH, etc) or other things. Anyway, it's certainly not required, but I enjoy it.

Hi all,

I know Robin is working hard on something, I was going to bring some promo items...Ian myght be willing to give out some dirty diapers ;););)

see ya'all around...

:figment:

Hi Curt,

Have you got your airfare yet. Southwest is having a great sale 45.00 each way(plus fees). See you on the ship watching the tigers in the world series!!!

curtdennis said:
How do I word this...

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an "organized" event. I know I read and caught up on posts last night but I guess I paniced! :blush: Doesn't mean I remember! Not used to staying up late 3 nights in a row on purpose!LOL

j

ohanafamily said:
Hi all,

I know Robin is working hard on something, I was going to bring some promo items...Ian myght be willing to give out some dirty diapers ;););)

see ya'all around...

:figment:

No Thank You! on those diapers! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter