2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWLVR said:
Those who bring gifts bring them because they want to, not because they are under obligation to. Some people just like to bring a little extra joy. Amy, Diana and Stacy are working on a gift for the kids and that is the important one. We do the buttons and navigators to help bring the group together.

Last year some people (like Amy) brought a little something for everyone and others brought some surprises for a smaller group. There is no right, no wrong, and no expectations. It is all about fun.

Thanks Mary! DITTO, DITTO, DITTO... This is all just for the FUN of it! :cheer2:

YIPPEE We're CRUISING in 10 WEEKS!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

IleneF said:
Good morning! As I mentioned in chat last night, btw alot of us were there, I am determined to stick to my diet from now until cruise time. I am VERY overweight (all that yummy disney food for the last 26yrs has done me in) and MUST lose before I cruise. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure YET and I am determined not to let that happen. The problem is I have three big stumbling blocks in the next 10 weeks. First is the Aug trip to Disney and to drop off DD which includes ressies to Margaritaville, Tony's Townsquare, Rose and Crown, and Raglan Road (we do know how to eat!). Then in Sept I am going to Sedona/Grand Canyon and to a conference at a hotel for a week. Right after that the Jewish holidays are upon us and lots of fattening traditional foods. Sheesh, I just HAVE to do this but it's going to be hard. I'd like to lose 2lbs/wk so 20 total prior to cruise. I'm gonna use you guys as a support system by posting to the board whenever I feel like snacking at night....you may see alot of posts from me, :rotfl2:

Good luck with your weight loss. I have been a struggling weight watcher, I still go to the meetings but my weight has not wanted to budge! Very frustrating :headache: but I can't give up. If I do I will gain the 25lbs I have lost! Hopefully we will all be lookin great by cruise time! :thumbsup2
Chris

Scratch42 said:
No Thank You! on those diapers! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

j
Don't worry. Ian is saving them all for his daddy! :rotfl2:

Speaking of Ian, as of Saturday he is no longer a "teen". Nope, he's now 20 months old and starting preschool next week. We have parent orientation tomorrow night and he gets to check out his classroom/meet his teachers on Friday.

bonzie1 said:

What great motivation! We're here for you. Good Luck! :thumbsup2

I too need to drop some pounds. I am hoping walking will help rev up the metabolism.:banana:

Thanks for your post!

We try to prepare our kids for their Disney trips by taking family walks whenever we can fit them in. We have 3 tracks around our neighborhood that are 1, 1.2 and 1.4 miles. We've already started taking "Disney" walks. It gets the boys (and us) ready for all the walking we will be doing there. We figure we have to walk .5 miles before we even make it to any gate from any bus drop off area! We try to visualize a different park each walk.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :bounce:

During the cruise our fish often received little gifts from fellow cruisers and that wasy cool as well.

OK - I read that this "fish" is a note holder on our cabin door - Do we need to find one a bring it with us or ar they already there?

Thanks
Chris

ConleyFam said:
During the cruise our fish often received little gifts from fellow cruisers and that wasy cool as well.

OK - I read that this "fish" is a note holder on our cabin door - Do we need to find one a bring it with us or ar they already there?

Thanks
Chris

Chris,

The fish are already there. It's bolted to the wall next to your cabin door. This is the usual means of leaving a note for the occupants. NOW this being said what you may want to look for is called a "fish extender." This HANGS from the fish and includes little pockets to supply paper and pens for people or to leave you somthing in.

Just when you thought it got easy....! :)

Hey there! :wave:

Sorry I missed chat last night. We borrowed a couple of movies from my parents and we watched them last night.
I'm in the same boat as some of you guys. Trying to lose a few more pounds before the cruise. Started counting points again and bumping up my activity, we'll see what happens :confused3

Hi all. I called members services right at 9 am and we were able to get a 1 bedroom at BCV for the 21. :banana: There were no studios available anywhere. We were very busy at work today so no time to eat luch or snack. I think I need to work every day. :rotfl2: It was really easy to stay in my points today. Have to go eat dinner before 7 mp comes and my kitchen is shut

bcvprincesses said:
Hi all. I called members services right at 9 am and we were able to get a 1 bedroom at BCV for the 21. :banana: There were no studios available anywhere. We were very busy at work today so no time to eat luch or snack. I think I need to work every day. :rotfl2: It was really easy to stay in my points today. Have to go eat dinner before 7 mp comes and my kitchen is shut

I will put you down as BCV before and after the cruise for the party bus update

ConleyFam said:
We try to prepare our kids for their Disney trips by taking family walks whenever we can fit them in. We have 3 tracks around our neighborhood that are 1, 1.2 and 1.4 miles. We've already started taking "Disney" walks. It gets the boys (and us) ready for all the walking we will be doing there. We figure we have to walk .5 miles before we even make it to any gate from any bus drop off area! We try to visualize a different park each walk.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :bounce:

Thats just the best idea I've ever heard concerning family exercise. I wish I had thought of that years ago when my kids were little...ever try getting a teen to walk ANYWHERE after they get their license..ya right!

I called DVC MS this morning and talked to Joe about the posibility of keeping a car parked at BCV while we are on the member cruise. Joe had to call the resort because he was not sure. He came back to let me know that since we were staying before and after the member cruise that I could keep a car parked at BCV while we were on the cruise. I guess you just have to let the resort know when you check in and they will give you a parking pass for the entire time. This might help some DISers decide about the party bus or not. I figure parking alone will be $48-$60 (depends on if they charge you for 4 or 5 days).

We are up to 21 people for the bus and the shuttle will hold 27. If we go over 27 then we go with a Mears motor coach that can hold 47. The more people on the bus the cheaper the transfers are.

See now I'm writing instead of eating. It's 7:22 and my tummy says it wants more but I'm not budging.
Thanks everyone for the support. Thanks Diana for the reminder not to eat at night. I will try to do that.
A little diet history here: I am not new to the dieting world. In fact I've lost a person twice (100# two different times in my life). Yeah, it's not just a little weight I have to lose but I'm trying to approach it in little segments this time. I lost 30# from Jan 06 to Apr 06 but then threw in the towel because I hadn't budged in awhile. I've gained back 10 of those but I'm determined to stop it there.
I lost my big weight on weight watchers both times. I'm a nutrition assistant at work so I do know what is healthy and what isn't and I think the WW plan (at least the old plan) is very healthy. The new one has the potential for abuse since you are only counting points and not food groups. I did SB diet a couple of years ago and lost 30# also but it didn't stay off. I guess NONE of it has actually stayed off in reality...it's fun putting it back on but when it starts to affect your health your in trouble and that's where I'm at. For the first time at the docs this year my blood pressure was just a bit higher, still within normal but edging sooooooo I added fish oil and flax seed and garlic to my diet and got the BP back where I like it 120/70.
So I joined WW online figuring I needed the $ investment to help keep me motivated. I worked for awhile (Jan to Apr) but now I'm wondering if I need the IRL meetings again. I went shopping yesterday to stock up on frozen Lean Cuisines some of them are really really good.

Good luck to all of us. We CAN do it! I won't look good after 20lbs but at least I'll feel better.

rsschneck said:
I called DVC MS this morning and talked to Joe about the posibility of keeping a car parked at BCV while we are on the member cruise. Joe had to call the resort because he was not sure. He came back to let me know that since we were staying before and after the member cruise that I could keep a car parked at BCV while we were on the cruise. I guess you just have to let the resort know when you check in and they will give you a parking pass for the entire time. This might help some DISers decide about the party bus or not. I figure parking alone will be $48-$60 (depends on if they charge you for 4 or 5 days).

We are up to 21 people for the bus and the shuttle will hold 27. If we go over 27 then we go with a Mears motor coach that can hold 47. The more people on the bus the cheaper the transfers are.

Roxann - put us down as 2 maybe's. I'd like to talk to someone at Boardwalk and see if we can do the same thing since we are staying there before and after. If we can then we'll take the bus as well.

rsschneck said:

My deciding factor.............

What time do you think we will return to BCV after the cruise?

I have a 10:30 a.m. F&W event scheduled. If we can make it back in time, add two more to the list!

j

Speaking of Diets...........

I'm trying to not eat after 7:00 p.m. and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water!

The hardest is when we go to WDW or do a DC!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Good Luck!

j

Okay, so without knowing it, my DD's are helping me to keep the kitchen closed after 7:00. I was on my way into the kitchen at 6:45for one last snack when the phone rang. It was DD #1. We talked for about 10 minutes, and then my cell phone started to ring. It was DD #2. We talked for about 15 minutes more, and now it's after 7:00. I tried to rationalize that I was interupted in my "quest", but I'm going to stay the course. I'm off to get my bottle of water now!

I am trying to keep the kitchen closed at 7 as well. Boy is it hard not to get up and grab a bite. I think the best way is to spend time from 7 to 9 as wind down time and get to bed earlier than usual. I figure the more time I spend sleeping each evening will not only help me mentally through out the day but it is HARD to eat while dreaming Disney Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter