2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
rsschneck said:
Good morning everyone! I have contacted Mears and this is what I found out. We have 2 charter options #1 an 11 passenger van or #2 a 47 passenger motor coach. I asked for round trip prices back and forth to BCV (additional stops would be additional money). The prices quoted included gratuity and everything.

#1 Van round trip would cost $408 round trip. Breaks down to $37.09 per person (including little ones).

#2 Coach round trip would cost $897 round trip. Breaks down to $19.09 per person (including little ones) if the coach was FULL. This would be the most economical if we had enough people. Plus, luggage would not be an issue. Everything needs to be paid at least a month prior to sailing. Do we have enough cruisers interested? I would take on the task if we had enough interest. Could be the PARTY BUS!

bcvprincesses said:
I just found another option. Fl tours has a 22 to 35 passenger shuttle http://www.fltours.com/Fleet.htm

I just called and it would be $720 RT for 22 people. That would work out to be $33 each. I am really excited about doing something like this even if we had to get a few vans each.

Count us in please. The options sound good to us. We are staying at BCV before and after the cruise. We used FL Tours last year for our trip to the port before SSMC05. There are only two of us.

I'm happy to help coordinate if anyone needs help! Send me a pm.

I hope everyone who is travelling this weekend has a great time.

I'm glad Mary found the leak before she and Mark went away. It would've been terrible to come home to a flood!

AnnMarie - sorry to hear about your pool overflow! Did you hear that the HOH ceremony had to be done over due to mechanical difficulties and that Janelle is the HOH this week? I was quite happy when I heard this.

See everyone in chat!
Annmarie

bcvprincesses said:
I just got off the phone with Spirit and changed our flight from 4 pm to 8 am so I think we are going to stay at Disney. I was on the phone for over 1 hour to get it changed. :furious: They have a rule that if your flight gets changed by more than 15 min they will change it for free. Our original flight was for 4 pm so the girls could go to a gymnastics meet. The meet got changed and our flight was changed like a thousand times to 2:30. Well the lady said that each change was less than 15 min so she wouldn't change it. I finally talked to a supervisor and she agreed to change it "just this once". By the time I was off the phone MS was closed. I'll have to call Monday to get a room.

AnnMarie are you guys flying out Friday or Saturday? We are flying with Spirit also - leaving Friday afternoon.

BCVOwner2002 said:
AnnMarie - sorry to hear about your pool overflow! Did you hear that the HOH ceremony had to be done over due to mechanical difficulties and that Janelle is the HOH this week? I was quite happy when I heard this.

See everyone in chat!
Annmarie

WHAT you have got to be kidding, ugh they so should have backdoored her last week. That means James and Danielle are going to be nominated. LOL and yes, I'm not Janelle fan, she was good last year but I am over her this year.

bcvprincesses said:
I just found another option. Fl tours has a 22 to 35 passenger shuttle http://www.fltours.com/Fleet.htm

I just called and it would be $720 RT for 22 people. That would work out to be $33 each. I am really excited about doing something like this even if we had to get a few vans each.

I'd like to do this too. There are 2 of us.

rsschneck said:
Good morning everyone! I have contacted Mears and this is what I found out. We have 2 charter options #1 an 11 passenger van or #2 a 47 passenger motor coach. I asked for round trip prices back and forth to BCV (additional stops would be additional money). The prices quoted included gratuity and everything.

#1 Van round trip would cost $408 round trip. Breaks down to $37.09 per person (including little ones).

#2 Coach round trip would cost $897 round trip. Breaks down to $19.09 per person (including little ones) if the coach was FULL. This would be the most economical if we had enough people. Plus, luggage would not be an issue. Everything needs to be paid at least a month prior to sailing. Do we have enough cruisers interested? I would take on the task if we had enough interest. Could be the PARTY BUS!

Thanks Roxann for doing all this research! :thumbsup2 Count the four of us in on any transport you can find that will get us to the port before 3pm! Heck if I walked i'd get there before 3!

chipscinderelly said:
WHAT you have got to be kidding, ugh they so should have backdoored her last week. That means James and Danielle are going to be nominated. LOL and yes, I'm not Janelle fan, she was good last year but I am over her this year.

Yeah, I know what you mean about Janelle. She gets on my nerves too. I don't like the way BB6 acts when one of their alliance wins.

ohanafamily said:
Sounds fun, PartyBus... Maybe you could arrange for "Dan" to drive???:rotfl:
Seriously, might I suggest a one-way trip to the terminal, and Disney Transport back. This way we can beat the rush at the terminal, and we can easily get to our ultimate destinations. Just a thought, RRBB and I are planning on renting a minivan with room for a car seat, stroller,and lots of luggage.

I checked with Avis, there is a $9 car-seat rental, but it maxes out at $45.

:figment:

That was who I'm leaning towards going with (before the party bus idea came about) but for me it's $18 per day because I need 2 seats.....so it maxed out at $90, and I can buy 2 cheapo car seats for that price!

BCVOwner2002 said:
Yeah, I know what you mean about Janelle. She gets on my nerves too. I don't like the way BB6 acts when one of their alliance wins.

NO!! I like Janelle!!! But not as much as Will and Boogie and their diary room sessions. OMG too funny!!! :lmao:

Going in, Kaysar was my favorite. But I really didn't like how he played this season. And shaving his head was NOT good for him.

rsschneck said:
How much would parking at the port cost?

For those staying @ DVC resorts could you leave your car parked while you were on the cruise and take the party bus as a transfer service? OR can you only park for free during your stay even if it is a split stay?

I think it was $10 or $12 per day to park at the port. I don't know about the parking thing.....but I thought they let you keep your car there if you took DCL transfers.

Diana Lyn said:
NO!! I like Janelle!!! But not as much as Will and Boogie and their diary room sessions. OMG too funny!!! :lmao:

Going in, Kaysar was my favorite. But I really didn't like how he played this season. And shaving his head was NOT good for him.

Oh Will and Boogie are totally RUNNING the game! I am a huge James fan though, he's nice to look at and well, if its about playing the game he plays well (I'm not talking about morals here peeps). Kaysar seemed like he just gave up this season.

Diana Lyn said:
I think it was $10 or $12 per day to park at the port. I don't know about the parking thing.....but I thought they let you keep your car there if you took DCL transfers.

it's 12 now to park. The parking thing would be good to check on - that would be awful to come back without a car!

ConleyFam said:
Have you considered renting the stroller instead of renting the bigger vehicle? Do you use the stroller on the cruise? The worst part of renting a stroller with the littlest one is carrying her from the gate to the bus/boat.

I dream about the day I can ditch the double stroller. The stroller is my restraining device and what keeps the TSA from locking me up when they run into a off limits area. :rotfl: Do you know Stitch? :stitch: Julia makes Stitch look calm, sweet and cuddly. :rotfl2:

Plus, my girls are almost 3 and almost 2. They are 13 months apart. Julia weighs 34 lbs and Emma is close to 40 so carrying them doesn't go over well for my back. :lmao:

Oh wait--I think Curt volunteered to carry them around :idea:

I'm thinking next year we can start renting....I can dream, can't I?

Diana Lyn said:

Oh! No! I still like Jani too. I just don't like the way they act when BB6 wins something. I don't like the way they throw it in everyone's face. I was very upset the Kaysar got evicted last night. I felt bad for him after he heard what everyone said as their farewell messages.

Those that have replied who would be interested in a party bus:

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)

That makes 15 people already! Anyone else? (I will try to keep track)

cquick said:

Very nice photo. Yellowstone is one of my must do's. Got to do Yosemite two years ago. But only very briefly with a tour out of San Fran. We took 4 hrs to get there and spent only TWO there! It was better than nothing.

Yes, chat was fun last night. quite a few of us there!

SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 10 weeks!

Woo Hoo! We are another week closer to cruising!

Posting a day early since I'm at Karen's house as we forgot our notebook computer. That would be me that was supposed to bring it out to the car. No time to read the rest of the posts as breakfast is ready. We'll see you guys tomorrow night.

rsschneck said:
Those that have replied who would be interested in a party bus:

rsschneck (3 people)
BCVPrincesses (4 people)
Diana lyn (4 people)
BCVOwner2002 (2 people)
IleneF (2 people)

That makes 15 people already! Anyone else? (I will try to keep track)

Missed me. We would have three people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter