• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so over this waiting game...these September dates and the F&W menus. My 30 days is 8/4 and if they still are not released by then I think we are going to pass. Disney sure knows how to show their appreciation to its loyal repeat customers. :sad2:

As posted on MDE:

"Communal seating is pre-assigned and Guests may be seated with other parties."

It's also the policy for the SW and JBJB dessert parties.
I think we will just skip them. No use paying to feel uncomfortable. I know many are very social and think it is no big deal, but I get nervous about it. Thanks

It really isn’t a big deal. If you don’t feel like making small talk, just focus on talking with whoever you’re with and I’m sure the other couple will do the same.
I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it is for me. I like people, honest, just worry because not all people have a nack for socializing.

I think we will just skip them. No use paying to feel uncomfortable. I know many are very social and think it is no big deal, but I get nervous about it. Thanks

I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it is for me. I like people, honest, just worry because not all people have a nack for socializing.

I couldn't agree more with this. I made sure on my cruise I wouldn't be sharing a table and I know that its anti-social or whatever but when I eat I don't like to be social and I don't want to have to bite my lip either of what topics to talk about. This day in age there is a lot of sensitive issues out there. I want to enjoy my meal with the people I know.

I often travel alone with my now 10 year old and I've found beveridges help :D

I'm traveling alone with my soon to be 7 and 5 year olds, and I'm looking forward to the beveridges, too :-)

yes, I have found there is a nice comfort zone between being totally sober and "wait, are you really saying I have a child!?"

BWAHAHA!!! So funny! Lisa F, I'm a total lightweight, unfortunately, so I have zero comfort zone between sober and possibly losing track of my son! I shall have to pass on the delicious beveridges. More for all y'all!

BWAHAHA!!! So funny! Lisa F, I'm a total lightweight, unfortunately, so I have zero comfort zone between sober and possibly losing track of my son! I shall have to pass on the delicious beveridges. More for all y'all!

Just please don't drink so much that you need to put a leash on your kid that your kid ends up having to put on you :rotfl2:

I'm with you. We don't do Biergarten because of the seating. I have no desire to socialize with strangers while I am on vacation.

Just curious. How big is your party? Just you or two?

Myself and my husband this trip.
Yeah, trust me, I get it. Is your husband similar to you in that respect? If not, he can hog the conversation for both of you until the ice is broken. Or position your bodies in a way that blocks you from others. Just some thoughts. I know what your situation is like. I tend to view it like flying in an airplane next to another passenger. Hopefully they are not major talkers, but if you make it a point that you don't look toward them, then that may hopefully keep the atmosphere more to your liking...or you could just hang out with the nice CMs. :) .Regardless, I personally respect your choice, but hope that you can enjoy comfortably.

Our table-mates in Feb had what I'd call a relatively high Disney experience level. Traveled there often, knew a lot about the parks, etc. I spent most of the time wondering if they were DISers. :rotfl:

We socialize with strangers all the time at WDW. Monorail, waiting on the parade, waiting in line etc. I think it's interesting to see where people came from or if they are locals. We're just a friendly family :)

We socialize with strangers all the time at WDW. Monorail, waiting on the parade, waiting in line etc. I think it's interesting to see where people came from or if they are locals. We're just a friendly family :)

I don't mind when someone strikes a quick conversation with me and we go on our separate ways but something about sitting down with strangers to eat at a table just doesn't seem like fun to me.

I chat with people in line, at parades, on transportation. Sitting at a table eating with total strangers doesn’t work for me and it really would not work for my kid. Different strokes.

I don't mind when someone strikes a quick conversation with me and we go on our separate ways but something about sitting down with strangers to eat at a table just doesn't seem like fun to me.
We've stood at the stand up tables at F&W and have had strangers ask if they can join us to have a place to set their food. We never object and it's never been a bad experience. I guess we've been lucky to get good people.

I think this issue is being overstated. Not that many tables have to be shared to begin with and of the few tables that are shared, and if it's an issue, it seldom rises to the level of it being brought up to the staff.

Different strokes for different folks of course, but I should add, we had a blast with our table mates. DW was running the Princess Half the next morning, as were the other folks at the table. They were all lamenting being up 'so late' and having to get up so early for the race. One table-mate was enjoying the adult refreshments available at the party in a manner in which perhaps one would not normally expect with a half marathon just 8 hours away.

DW and I have always wondered if she made it. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter