• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
We socialize with strangers all the time at WDW. Monorail, waiting on the parade, waiting in line etc. I think it's interesting to see where people came from or if they are locals. We're just a friendly family :)
We are friendly too and also talk to people in many other places at Disney and elsewhere, but I do not like dining with others in my book it is different.
I don't mind when someone strikes a quick conversation with me and we go on our separate ways but something about sitting down with strangers to eat at a table just doesn't seem like fun to me.
My feelings exactly.

Thank you Fastpasser. It is good to know it doesn't happen often.

Booked for August monsoon season. We were rained "in" in April, but we were behind brown doors between Canada and England. Wish it had been Norway, but is it an availability or accessibility issue?

Depending on if Oct dates open, I'd really like to bring my family to this.

It would be a great way to start our vacation.

Wish it had been Norway, but is it an availability or accessibility issue?
It was an availability issue at that time, but now the Norway Loft is pretty much the exclusive weather backup venue for the party and is not booked for anything else except on non party nights.

At our July 4 party we were inside at the big tables. A family of 4 two young women and my daughter and I. I think that was it but I don’t remember too well. No one interacted with anyone else until the storm happened near the end of the party time. We actually thought the two young women were snobs. No matter what they ate they seemed to have criticism. Well, when the storm hit we somehow got to talking with the two women and actually ended up enjoying their company very much. Never spoke at all with the family. We ended up watching the show with the women and even walking out of the park with them. They were very sweet and even offered my daughter excellent life advice. It was fine with no one interacting outside their immediate group and fine interacting with the others. No awkwardness either way. My daughter and I usually love to chat with others in these situations but no one gave off a vibe that indicated they wanted to. Then the storm broke the ice so to speak and that made the time go faster.

At our July 4 party we were inside at the big tables. A family of 4 two young women and my daughter and I. I think that was it but I don’t remember too well. No one interacted with anyone else until the storm happened near the end of the party time. We actually thought the two young women were snobs. No matter what they ate they seemed to have criticism. Well, when the storm hit we somehow got to talking with the two women and actually ended up enjoying their company very much. Never spoke at all with the family. We ended up watching the show with the women and even walking out of the park with them. They were very sweet and even offered my daughter excellent life advice. It was fine with no one interacting outside their immediate group and fine interacting with the others. No awkwardness either way. My daughter and I usually love to chat with others in these situations but no one gave off a vibe that indicated they wanted to. Then the storm broke the ice so to speak and that made the time go faster.

But as your story went you thought they were snobs because the criticized what they ate, so thats what worries me and I would end up not saying anything with fear that people might think they same thing if I say stuff about the options.

But as your story went you thought they were snobs because the criticized what they ate, so thats what worries me and I would end up not saying anything with fear that people might think they same thing if I say stuff about the options.

When I first watched the DIS Unplugged Dining Reviews, I thought Pete Werner was a snob but I think he's just an experienced diner and has more insight and opinion about food

Actual footage of me after checking for this dessert party, every morning for the last two weeks:

tumblr_m6v26iy4YI1ranhnao1_500.gif

I think some people sweat over this dessert party, because it's like an additional fastpass for FEA. Firework viewing and desserts/drinks are a plus, but booking this party means getting to use your first tier EPCOT fastpass on something else.

For me, EPCOT will be a half day this trip. Possibly will also go later one night for various holiday eats at World Showcase. Having a prebooked no wait for FEA, and easy viewing for the fireworks would be very valuable for my group.

I think some people sweat over this dessert party, because it's like an additional fastpass for FEA. Firework viewing and desserts/drinks are a plus, but booking this party means getting to use your first tier EPCOT fastpass on something else.

For me, EPCOT will be a half day this trip. Possibly will also go later one night for various holiday eats at World Showcase. Having a prebooked no wait for FEA, and easy viewing for the fireworks would be very valuable for my group.

I agree. It’s nice to know you will get to ride FEA without using up a tier 1 FP.
We just happen to like the “extra” events that Disney offers. We’ve done several dessert parties, character meals, etc at DL and are excited to try some of the offerings at WDW.
That being said, it won’t make or break our trip if we aren’t able to do this party. But it’d definitely be a happy plus for us!

You probably wouldn’t have been as loud as they were. But happily my first impression was wrong and the storm ice breaker changed the evening

This is the thing for our party.... we have an illuminations cruise booked so for us the fireworks aren't why we'd do the party.... With Soarin', Test Track, and Frozen rides being Tier 1 at Epcot this is a consideration for us during our Christmas trip when we know it's going to be crazy busy. Will be glad to have new rides at Epcot (new ride at Ellens, Remy, etc...) but until then these are the big 3 at the park that have to carry the load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter