“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt that a new show is in the works, I was told that by one of the show directors almost a year ago, but when will it replace the current show and will the ongoing work affect the performances are two questions. We will get answers soon.

I think it's pretty much been common knowledge it was going away for the last couple of years. I know every visit we've made for the last year and a half has been with the "this could be the last time we see it" attitude. From the last few reports that have come in though, this seems like a major undertaking and it will be down for a while, to the point that they could do some kind of interim show while it gets completed. I'm sad to see it go, was my favorite, but I also know it's time and no matter what, I'll be there to see the final show.

You probably have seen it in your nightmares
Oh, the nightmares that @FastPasser must have had. I can imagine getting all the guests ready to experience a dessert party from the fireworks launch zones, or in the middle of daylight, or with desserts consisting solely of steamed Brussels sprouts, snake gizzards, and curdled milk.

Oh, the nightmares that FastPasser must have had.
My worst nightmare is when the show is cancelled due to weather and dozens of Guests are blaming Disney and asking "what are you going to do for me now?" Technically, Disney doesn't have to offer anything, but they always do. Fortunately it happens infrequently.

My worst nightmare is when the show is cancelled due to weather and dozens of Guests are blaming Disney and asking "what are you going to do for me now?" Technically, Disney doesn't have to offer anything, but they always do. Fortunately it happens infrequently.
True, but that's real. We all know that we get weird dreams as it relates to crazy things at school or work. Those things that just don't make sense and puts you into major dream-crisis mode....those are the stories that I want to here.

Would they list the FEA party and Illuminations on the Food & Wine festival's internal web page if they weren't taking place? Just sayin.

enhance

Would they list the FEA party and Illuminations on the Food & Wine festival's internal web page if they weren't taking place? Just sayin.

enhance
This has been my thought ever since they announced the F&W events. Look at the fiasco with announcing EMM and then having to reschedule so many people and offer free things to make up for their screw up once they decided to cancel certain dates...

This has been my thought ever since they announced the F&W events. Look at the fiasco with announcing EMM and then having to reschedule so many people and offer free things to make up for their screw up once they decided to cancel certain dates...

The difference being EMM was already sold for those dates.

Since they have not sold any Illuminations packages, they could fall on the “subject to change” bit of the fine print in anything they do and re-name it.

Except since it does not say “Illuminations Dessert Party” they would not even have to rename it.

The difference being EMM was already sold for those dates.

Since they have not sold any Illuminations packages, they could fall on the “subject to change” bit of the fine print in anything they do and re-name it.

Except since it does not say “Illuminations Dessert Party” they would not even have to rename it.
That is true...I wasn't really thinking about the fact that haven't actually booked people for the party yet. Regardless, it would seem it is more likely to occur...until then, it gives us something to discuss on these boards! :)

I'll be among the amazed if September doesn't open up to book. That said, since when did Disney putting something on a schedule ever guarantee that they wouldn't pull it with little or no notice. lol

Would not put it past them to change anything whether it's online or not. Of course now that we have the AP event planned for 9/6 we are thinking about doing this party again if it's available.:rotfl:

Just got a call from WDW to advise me that our party time had changed for our Aigust party. Just for the heck of it I asked her if she knew why September wasn’t open yet. She said that she was actually the person in charge of releasing the dates and that it would be done either today or tomorrow. We’ll see!

Just got a call from WDW to advise me that our party time had changed for our Aigust party. Just for the heck of it I asked her if she knew why September wasn’t open yet. She said that she was actually the person in charge of releasing the dates and that it would be done either today or tomorrow. We’ll see!

What time did your party change to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter