What is your WDW theme park fashion? Clothes, shoes and more!

For the hotter summer visits I'll do a halara style dress but the kind that only the shorts come down for the restroom. If you go with something like that you don't want to have to take the whole dress off, especially if you're sweaty. The moisture wicking fabric is nice and breathable. And dries so fast it's great if you get caught in the rain. The tennis skirts with the shorts/pockets are great. I have the copycat lulu align skirts from amazon and they're really comfortable. I'll do that with a cute align top and I'll also do the lilly lux fabric tennis dresses. Those are really breathable and can be a little dressier. I will do running shorts with built in bottoms on more casual days. Also with the align type tops. It's just nice to not worry about undergarments or anything when you are dressed to work out. Which after all the sweating and steps, you essentially are lol

I'd personally pass on leggings/tights in august but I know some people have to for rashes/sun exposure but the idea of wearing leggings in August sounds brutal. For shoes, I either wear reef flip flops or reef water vistas for something "dressier". They're great for when it rains since they're waterproof, and for me, surprisingly comfortable. The velcro strap is great too so you don't have to worry about losing a shoe. Whatever shoe you end up going with, you just need to wear the heck out of it before you take them to Disney to ensure they're good on your feet. Everyone may swear up and down that a certain shoe or style is comfortable but everyone's feet are totally different. Whatever you do, don't wear anything brand new, that's the kiss of foot death! I have done backbacks and fanny packs. Backpacks can be hot in the summer so I will do a fanny pack and it doesn't get hot at all. I was contemplating some other style dresses for my next visit and really you can't go wrong with most since you can just wear some shorty shorts under anything.
Glad to hear you had good experiences with Halara! I've gotten so many insta ads for it, I'm being influenced lol. Is going to the bathroom with the shorts you can pull down pretty easy? Or still restrictive?

I just got the Hoka Solimars. Super comfortable and am breaking them in. Do you wear the reef water vistas in the park too for the 10-20k steps?

Highly advise a stop by your resort to freshen up. August is beyond brutal, you practically start sweating as soon as you hit the outside. You are gonna want fresh clothes to dine in if going to a signature restaurant at a resort. The great part about resort ADRs is rideshares can drop you off at that resort since you have an ADR- meaning transportation from your resort to that one can be quick (and air conditioned).
Oops - totally wrong the wrong month. We are going last week of October heh. I'm hoping the heat will be tolerable.

Start with Body Glide on any skin surface that is subject to rubbing or sweat.

Duluth Trading bottoms - Armachillo boxers and Armachillo 10" cooling shorts. Super lightweight and help keep the swampy feeling down in an area really subject to rubbing. If I go back to the hotel, mid-day change of boxers, but will keep the shorts (unless they are wet).

Duluth Trading sweat-wicking sports bra (sense a trend here?) and one of my Disney t-shirts. I carry a cooling towel to use later in the day for my neck.

I swear by my Brooks sneakers (two pair - I change during the mid-day break) and Bombas socks (also changed during mid-day break). I put athletic tape on any area of the foot that may be subject to rubbing to keep hot spots and blisters at bay.

Yesterday I did a marathon day at Epcot...rope drop to fireworks...so didn't make the mid-day changes, but the gear still worked just great.
Oh I'm thinking of buying Brooks Ghost 15. Is that one of the pairs you have? I have heard great things about comfort.

Ive never worn sandals at the park. I had this misconception that the straps would dig in after time. Glad to see this as another option!
I thought that too, but I tested them out beforehand by wearing them to a football game where I had to do a lot of walking and didn't have any issues.

Glad to hear you had good experiences with Halara! I've gotten so many insta ads for it, I'm being influenced lol. Is going to the bathroom with the shorts you can pull down pretty easy? Or still restrictive?

I just got the Hoka Solimars. Super comfortable and am breaking them in. Do you wear the reef water vistas in the park too for the 10-20k steps?
Not restrictive at all and so much better than the full one pieces since those are a bear to pull up and down esp when sweaty. Yes, I wear the reef water vistas in the park. I tried them on a few several mile walks at home and I loved them so much. I was worried about the height and tripping since I tend to be clumsy but I was fine. I still trip...... but no more than normal in the reefs lol. I know people swear by Hokas but you just have to find what works best for you and stick with it. If you're breaking them in and you like them then chances are they'll be fine at WDW. Only real issue with sneaks is when it rains if you get soaked or walk through a puddle.

I live in my Tevas at the parks, unless it's cold out. Cleaning them is simple, throw a little pool water on them. I also found a wonderful skort in the Disney gift shops and I absolutely love it. It's black with a castle logo on it. I think they are currently selling them and I almost wish I bought another one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter