You Thought 85 Ghosts Was Bad?

mr.techno said:
send it defenetly this 300,00 thing is ridiculous. btw does vmk read our messeges? :confused3

ps.does anyone have any information about the so called "inner space shop" it is suposed to be the new star traders but what does it sell and does it exist? :confused3

:jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

Yes is exsits. It is pretty much exactly like Star Traders except it has this giant eye looking at you lol. The furnishings are the same and the specials are the same execpt for the quest engine that is now available. To get to the Inner-space shop you need to have space suit magic.

Vmk will read the messages, but by that time, I bet quest month will be over lol.

Wow what news. How can they keep raising the credits or points needed in games when half of us can not even complete the quest because VMK is running so slowing. Ghosts has just been to painful. Fire works would be hard whne it stalls. 300,000 are they living in another world I think at the very least they should bring it down to 240,000 and on average problably 220,000. 240,000 is still very difficult to get. I know it took me 9 months trying :)

Seriously though where did they get these people. Very gifted in creativity and talented in producing games very stupid on age appropraite skills and very little understanding of how people relate and think. Disney needs a non computer geek in there to help them in this areas. Then VMK would become absolutely amazing. I have stoppedtelling people about VMK because of these issues.

Woah, this has gone over the edge! Who in the world could acco mpplish this feat of 300K?!? Sure, I can understand 220,000-240,000 points (even though I can't even reach 230,000) but 300K is impossible! :guilty:

Hacking seems to be the only option, or other than begging staff and asking them to fix it (which'll never happen), simply refusing to do the quests and having a virtual strike. They all seem impossible, so I guess we'll simply have to live with it... not unless they kept the quests forever. Which won't happen too. So most hope is lost, other than for Navimap and WDWTiggerRT... And hopefully they won't change the fireworks task to aanother Pirates task. And don't even get me started on Jungle Cruise... :rotfl2:

If VMK wanted an impossible quest, they sure succeeded in that. But they also succeeded in something else, crushing little children's hopes and demoralizing themselves further.

Just my two cents on the subject. Keep your fingers crossed and keep dreaming! :cloud9: :bitelip:

Something's screwy. The highest Fireworks score that you can set the quest engine to require is 280,000. And, remember that when you create a quest with the quest engine, you need to play it through and pass it before it becomes available to anyone else.

I think the VMK staff is able to tweak the public quests without these limitations; I think someone set the fireworks score requirement to 300,000 without realizing that it's impossible. I'd be surprised if it weren't fixed today.

I have read that some people think we are whining. Just to put it in perspective; my son, who has been slowly trying to trade for things and collect items is in the 'target' age range. He is a great kid. He gives things to people, he makes games with free prizes, he helped his little sister finish the space quest before he finished his own. He loves playing the games. He does everything VMK asks in their values section. Never been warned. And from what VMK says, this game is aimed at him. Well they pretty much shot him. He wanted the green car pretty bad. He waited to try until yesterday because he was helping others, doing homework, etc. Now he usually gets over 250,000 in fireworks pretty easy and is a whiz at ghosts and pirates. When he saw that window pop up about 300,000 - he got up and left. Just walked away from the computer. Would not even try. I have NEVER seen him more disappointed. And he does not have all that VMK has to offer, but he knew that he could earn this one and then they change the rules. My sincerest wish would be that I could give him my car that I got before the rule change. Because I had help with the ghosts and he could of got 85 ghosts without asking for help and because it's just not right to set the fireworks number so impossibly high. I really hope they change the fireworks to a number that is attainable.

Well, we all know that Yavn is pretty upset about sharing the answers so maybe this is his response to that. Personally, I find it reprehensible to use your power as a game producer to make a game not only ridiculously hard but now absolutely impossible to win. I really hope that this is a mistake. I can live without the green car(even if it is my favorite color) but if I am right and this change was made in response because the game designers were angry, then BOO to them. BOO I say! Shame on them!

But has anyone stopped to think why the fireworks requirement has gone up? It was debated before about "spoilers" on all the vmk boards, that Yavn was not happy about it. Perhaps this is his way of slapping all of us. Perhaps his way of saying you can post spoilers of the answers but now you CANNOT attain the green car no matter how many spoilers are posted. To attain the higher pins you HAVE TO be an expert in haunted and fireworks. Just a thought since nobody in the history of VMK has ever reached 300,000 without cheating. No other reason I can see for the change. And please done flame me, I dont care if you read the spoilers or you dont. Makes no difference to me. But this is the only explanation I can come to for the extreme change.

Look, if they want to make the green car impossible to achieve by having the ghosts at 85 and the fireworks at 300,000 go ahead. But I am upset because some players have already gotten their cars at lower requirements.
How can they have some people get them and then UP the counts?
That is so completely WRONG!!!!

I am not trying to be mean here, but why should the green cars be any different than Inferno or green flips or the orange Tomorrowland pin, or now the Narnia Teleporters? All these things are super rare, very difficult to get, and almost impossible for the average ten year old to get. I was just saying, though, that I am more upset than my DD. :confused3 Funny how that works, isn't it?

That is just plain wrong! Why would VMK do it? I am so angry and if i could i would get the green car! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

After hearing about the new score increase, I didn't really have a strong emotional opinion on whether it is good or bad. In fact, my initial thought was, "Well, looks like I had better start practicing lol". I doubt I will ever get by the Haunted Mansion Game considering I can't even catch 25 ghosts. The only time throughout this entire quest so far, I have not reached the point of frustration (aside from just being very anxious to pass the Jungle Cruise game). I sit patiently at my computer waiting for a bsod to load while listening to the sweet sounds of yelling, screaming, and shouting coming from multiple rooms in our house as some family members try to complete the quests lol. Some comments I heard while listening, which I found funny, include:

(This is being yelled between rooms)

FamilyMem#1= What is the name of the other boat besides the Columbia!?!"
FamilyMem#2= What!!??
FamilyMem#1= What is the name of the ship that isn't the Columbia?! Tell me quick! Quick!
FamilyMem#2= Wait I am busy!!
FamilyMem#1= C'mon, Quick! Just tell me! Time is running out. C'mon!
FamilyMem#3= Where am I supposed to be!!??
FamilyMem#1= Quick!! Just tell me!
FamilyMem#2= WAIT!!!! I have to Finish!
FamilyMem#3= Am I in the right place!? Help!!
FamilyMem#1= Tell me now!! Time is running! What is the name!?
FamilyMem#2= Figure it out yourself! I am busy!!
FamilyMem#1= Just tell me now!! C'mon! Quickly, quickly!!! What is it??
FamilyMem#2= I AM BUSY!!!!
FamilyMem#3= Where am I?!
FamilyMem#1= GREAT!! The time just went out!! You couldn't just tell me could you!!?
FamilyMem#3= Will someone please tell me if I am in the right room!?
FamilyMem#2= OKAY! where are you!!?
FamilyMem#3= Nevermind, the time went out!

And then YOU try telling them that the fireworks required score went up! ROFL!!!

Now, the point of that dialoge is to show just one instance of how this quest has affected people. Increasing the point amount in these games in the middle of it does nothing to improve the ideas some people have about the quests. In fact, it may even worsen it lol.

As much as I don't like them changing the point amount in the middle of it, it really isn't entirely different than rare items. They are there for you to buy, and after that they become very hard to obtain. However, those things are also announced ahead of time (most of the time). I would say, if they decide to do something like that again, let the people know they are upping the required point score. Changing it like that while some people are at the peak of frustration, only causes even more anger lol. I know another family member of mine was working diligently at trying to finish the HM game trying to catch 75 ghosts. She got a little upset that they closed it and when she later discovered the amount went up...sparks flew! rofl. After I broke the news to her about the fireworks score, she immediately swung herself onto the vmk home page and wrote to vmk. lol.

Anyway, those are just some random ideas I have about this occurance. In none of that am I saying I am really for or against the point rise (with the exception to a few statements), I am just presenting both sides of the argument. ;)

Well to what I have seen once you have done the first level the quest remains the same just harder to achieve. Yes the answers have helped alot of people but even with answers posted it still took me on average 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete and that does not include all the crashing and giving up.

This is just insane. I think the quest show get harder as you go on but they must be attentable. Saying you have to get 300,000 which is impossible is fraud. Fraud in so many ways. And it encourages cheating which means hackers will try this and could really affect VMK in so many ways.

And if they keep VMK running so slow they will not have to worry about people know ing the answers they will never finish the quests if they can not move right.

I will still stand on the fact I am not encouraging any parent to send there kids to VMK until they deal with the public relations nightmare they have created. I do not want my real life friends coming back to me and telling me they wish I had never mentionedto them about VMK they have enough stresses in life than to deal with there child crying and frustrated over this game.

I still believe this can be such an amazing game and it is already so much fun until the staff do not think through their actions and implement so very inappropriate age skill related rules. Please VMK please learn from the mistakes you make and you are making this game for the public and for thousands of kids. So it is important you listen to the customer :)

I was one of the lucky few who got help yesterday (and yes helped many others too) get their 75 ghosts in the green car quest.

I did hear before I got off the game that they had closed the green car quest- and felt sorry for any who had made it to the ghost level and had to restart.

And then I read they made fireworks score 300,000- I will be fine with that when I see staff scores of 300,000 or more in the top ten list-

You know they had to know guides would get created- people would ask for help and so forth-

If they wanted the quests to last longer- for people to get more enjoyment out of them all- then why release all 4 of the car quests this week.

Why not hold off on the 3rd and 4th quests til next week or the week after.

and like Dagny said- why keep all the other answers exactly the same-- after the first time I did the car quest (mostly on my own- btw- I think I did ask a questions somewhere along the line but did not use a guide for any of the quests I did) I didn't need the guides to do the subsequent quests because the answers were all the same- sure they moved the jewels and atoms around but other than ghost and firework requirements and the placement of those items and less time for tasks- the quests were the same.

Does it take a rocket scientest to realize that the problem wasn't people sharing the answers but that the answers were all the same...

Why make it so hard for the kids- I can tell you right now that there is little or no way my 8yo could get through some of the easier quests- to get to the space one- even- so I had planned to assist her and my son (who couldn't do any of the quests- he can't read) through those- but for my dd she would do the animation and mickey one herself...

But when a goal is unobtainable by the best adults- there is a problem

I do hope that they come off whatever drug influence they are on- or get on one to help with their delusions and fix these quests- for the kids-

I enjoyed the challenge and had no problem with goals in the games being high- but they need to be obtainable-

DH hasn't even attempted any of the quests yet- and he says- no big deal- if he needs something from star traders I can buy it for him lol- he will never do a quest on his own and doesn't need/want the quest generator...

But these changes are just silly

Pay no attention to this big glaring white space below... nothing to see here- move along

ok, here are just a couple of things i have noticed from reading this entire thread. I have played the blue and pink car quests with no problems. Has it occured to anyone, or is it possable, that 300K firework points could be acheived in multiple games? The hint doesnt say launch 300K points in 1 game, maybe you get a combination of 2 games?
Someone said "why cant it be like inferno or green flips" in the fact that its rare. Well here is the problem with that. 1) They had lower requirements which allowed people to get it and then they changed the requirements to an impossable level. That is not fair to people who were doing quests in order or taking their time. 2) All of the other items mentioned (inferno, green flips, narnia teleporter, 8/9 pin ) are all tradable and could net you some cool VMK items in return. The new magic pins are not tradable, so what is the point to have a rare non-tradable item?
If they wanted the green pin to be "more rare" Then make the firework level at a obtainable level but something that would require practice. 200K is a good level, but 260 would be much more harder, but also obtainable. I hope they bring it down to 250K, at which point i know i will be helping out my DGF ( if DGF isnt a word, then i just made it up :cool1: )

hey me? I just got help from daffypluto cawa and disvaclub (you guys rock!) to get my 114 ( i mean 85) ghosts lol.

now before i hit next and go to the atoms, any advice other than on chairs and near rails? or should i just sit and walk along the rails till i hit the next one?

CoolDisGirl said:
But has anyone stopped to think why the fireworks requirement has gone up? It was debated before about "spoilers" on all the vmk boards, that Yavn was not happy about it. Perhaps this is his way of slapping all of us. Perhaps his way of saying you can post spoilers of the answers but now you CANNOT attain the green car no matter how many spoilers are posted. To attain the higher pins you HAVE TO be an expert in haunted and fireworks. Just a thought since nobody in the history of VMK has ever reached 300,000 without cheating. No other reason I can see for the change. And please done flame me, I dont care if you read the spoilers or you dont. Makes no difference to me. But this is the only explanation I can come to for the extreme change.

Not flaming, but in response to this, why was VMK so lazy as to repeat the questions in four seperate quests. They could have been creative in ways other then, let's just raise the score. Their decision was weak and short sighted if it was based on anger or perception. Spend a little more time on your decisions before reacting in anger.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Loves Disney- omg i was crying i was laughing so much, way to cheer me up :rotfl: :rotfl2:
btw - anybody that thinks that the green car requirements changing is like a special going from the shops is wrong, bc:
1. a special is at least there for a weekend
2. it was assumed that the quest would be the same for always
3. the pin is not tradeable, specials are
4. the pin was hard enough to get b4, so it took a while
5. some ppl (like me)had quest issues b4 the change that kept them from finishing (like invisible atoms) :furious:

I was very lucky to get help yesterday with green car quest and get 75 ghosts. So I'm happy I have the car. But I am so mad that vmk could be so senseless as to make you get 300k in fireworks. That is just crazy! And stupid! And whoever said they should remember their target audience was competely right- it shouldn't be that hard, this is a kid's game!!! Way to punish the kids just because the older people find some stuff easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter