Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I never buy the pins, how much do they actually cost at the expo?

I admit that this craziness is why I preordered so much for DL. I know some of my stuff will end up for resale somewhere because I don't want all the items in the bundle. But I didn't want to have to be disappointed at the Expo, especially since I'm not getting in until Friday afternoon. I definitely wish runDisney would do more with the preorders. More items available, fewer bundles etc.

I never buy the pins, how much do they actually cost at the expo?

I admit that this craziness is why I preordered so much for DL. I know some of my stuff will end up for resale somewhere because I don't want all the items in the bundle. But I didn't want to have to be disappointed at the Expo, especially since I'm not getting in until Friday afternoon. I definitely wish runDisney would do more with the preorders. More items available, fewer bundles etc.
It's why I decided to preorder the jacket bundle for DL even though there's no picture posted. On the bright side, no stress anymore for the expo. I get in Thursday but likely won't head to the expo until Saturday.

They're usually about $20 each for distance logo pins and 'i did it' pins. I'm not sure about the mini-medals, but I'm guessing it's about the same. The jumbo weekend pins are usually something like $45.
For Wine & Dine unless you pre ordered the jumbo weekend pin you could only get it at creations shop during the party

I haven’t had a chance to get over here until now, but I’m seeing a lot of what I experienced voiced already.

I’m glad I was able to finish all 3 races - it was looking dicey a week before, I had virtually no sleep the entire weekend thanks to loud, partying neighbors, and I really did not even want to get up for the half. So I’m happy I got my money’s worth, at least.

I love highway miles, but that half course was maybe the worst rD WDW course I’ve run. I started in maybe the 75% point of C and the congestion through the parks and BW path was unpleasant. I give high marks for putting a lot of entertainment on the roads, though - I expected they would, and they delivered. But oh boy did leaving the roads closed that late screw up traffic… I drive and left EP and 9:15am, took the exit towards All Other Areas (ie: not the Disney Springs one), along with lots of other, including race buses, only to find we couldn’t actually join the roadway and were sent to the MK! World Dr was still closed the other direction, so I quickly got off on Vista Way with all of the race buses and then we all crawled along for an hour to Buena Vista. Delightful.

It was one of the more pleasant after parties I’ve experienced, but previous experiences include torrential rain and cold, so my bar is low. I didn’t bother with any food booths, rode a couple rides, and called it good.

I’ve read about the corral E and AWD experiences and the stories are enough to make me want to boycott rD altogether. What. A. Mess.

There’s new race direction this season and, well… it shows.

I thought it was interesting how the announcers kept talking about and cutting to cameras of corral E. RunDisney knew this was going to be a difficult situation and this felt like they were trying to make amends or something.

Also, I need to find a buddy to share a bag of pre-race Wetzel's Pretzel bites! I bought some on 5k morning to share with my son, and discovered that they're an early morning food my stomach will tolerate. But he's not usually with me and there's no way I want to eat an entire bag of those on my own. 🤣

I thought it was interesting how the announcers kept talking about and cutting to cameras of corral E. RunDisney knew this was going to be a difficult situation and this felt like they were trying to make amends or something.

Also, I need to find a buddy to share a bag of pre-race Wetzel's Pretzel bites! I bought some on 5k morning to share with my son, and discovered that they're an early morning food my stomach will tolerate. But he's not usually with me and there's no way I want to eat an entire bag of those on my own. 🤣
I love Wentzel's pretzels! Did I miss somewhere they were selling them? My go to breakfast has become the Bacon and Egg grilled cheese at the Toast food truck. I hope they never go away!

I love Wentzel's pretzels! Did I miss somewhere they were selling them? My go to breakfast has become the Bacon and Egg grilled cheese at the Toast food truck. I hope they never go away!
Their truck was near the characters/stage area, next to the Joffrey's truck. I've never tried the Toast truck, may have to give that a go next time!

This exactly. I want the medal replica pin and I know itll be gone by Friday afternoon. I’ll probably try to sell at least one of the other pins, but at cost or a couple bucks more.

To echo @Bree, I lucked out this time and was Group 3 for the expo. They called groups 1-3 first andI was one of the first handful of people from the virtual queueto enter the expo and made a bee line for the Figment merch.

There were very few "I did it" and distance pins left on the shelf and none of the medal replica pins. I overheard someone ask a cast member, and they were going to restock some of the first two styles of pins, and told the people which exit to wait by as they wheeled them in. It looked like something out of the Walking Dead. The pins did not last long.

I’ve been running W&D since 2016 and for some reason, the after party used to be less crowded. I can’t imagine the race has gotten any bigger. But I echo that lines are now longer than they are during the day. We used to close the night down. Now, we’re leaving by 11 because the lines for rides are so long.
I wonder if it's because they're selling more tickets (for anyone not running the half or challenge). My friend was so excited for the party because she thought it was going to be like an After Hours party with shorter lines. We ended up only staying for an hour after the official start time.

I heard rumors that there was some issue with the merch order (e.g., ordered the wrong amount, a shipment didn't come). Not sure what happened, but I feel like something unusual did happen. I've never seen the merch situation quite this bad and there isn't even as much listed on ebay as I would expect.

Just got back from W&D and was quietly biting my tongue. But come on people what an amazing time and event. After party for runners and all. Various people complaint about how the event wasn’t perfect for them. Got news for you… you can’t expect the event to be perfectly planned for YOUR preferences. There’s roughly 30,000 runners that they try to accommodate. And all this news about lack of volunteers and it being Disney’s fault. Sorry to break it to you but after several conversations with random volunteers or voluntolds… they were broken by being berated, complained, whined, and cried too. They were done and burned not Disney but by a bunch of people who think they are perfect or Disney planning should be perfect for them.

I heard rumors that there was some issue with the merch order (e.g., ordered the wrong amount, a shipment didn't come). Not sure what happened, but I feel like something unusual did happen. I've never seen the merch situation quite this bad and there isn't even as much listed on ebay as I would expect.
at this point, I'm tired of this being a rumor or excuse for the issues with merch at race weekends. This has been offered up since the covid break. I feel like the only one that didn't have problems with amounts was the most recent SS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter