Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I stop my watch when I hit 13.1. I figure my Garmin Epix is very accurate for what I ran.

Tell your friends whatever you like. Unless you’re in a position to place, you’re doing it for yourself.
I should have stopped my watch too. When I got to 13.1 I was so tired and mad and defiant..I started walking. In my head “I signed up for 13,1..I am done”. Then realized I was being a poor loser…and ran again. I was mainly mad. In my head I just needed to get to 13.1. I took a few minutes off my time but next time I will stop my watch at 13.1

I should have stopped my watch too. When I got to 13.1 I was so tired and mad and defiant..I started walking. In my head “I signed up for 13,1..I am done”. Then realized I was being a poor loser…and ran again. I was mainly mad. In my head I just needed to get to 13.1. I took a few minutes off my time but next time I will stop my watch at 13.1
As was said above, you're running for yourself in the end, so of course however you want to look at it is totally up to you.

As for me, the point of view above would never have occurred to me. For me, the start line to the finish line of a half marathon race defines an actual (vs training, or virtual) half marathon, regardless of if I take the most efficient route or not. Also, note that a certified course has actually been measured, whereas a GPS track is inherently imprecise.

Way late to this convo. Seems like everyone's packed up and moved on, but I was interested in length/ time. Mine came out at 21.33km for the HM, moving time on watch 1:31:04, official time 1:31:02. Make of that what you will.

And I will say it again: I totally understand the criticisms. I was lucky to be in A and not deal with a lot of the issues. But it was my first time and I loved it and hope I will be back again someday - have a good Christmas all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter