Who's going - CKC Manchester?

Honestly, at first glance, there aren't too many classes that seem very exciting to me. There are a couple I'll probably take, but nothing is "wowing" me. Pam, I'm bummed there's no Queen & Co., too!!

Suzanne, which of the Thursday activities are you thinking of?

So ladies, it looks like I will only be in for Friday, during daycare hours. DH is away golfing that weekend and unless the rents come up from NJ, which I doubt, I will only be able to get there Friday. Don't have to worry about being the 5th wheel.

I have a few classes I am interested in for Friday. You girls know I love Technique Tuesday. Other than that though, not much. I think the patterned paper class sounds like fun.

That's too bad, Denise!!!! :sad1: We'll have to make Friday daytime extra fun!!

Suzanne, I just looked at the calendar and DH is working on Thursday so that's out for me after all.

Off to study the class list and make my wish list! :goodvibes

patchchild - there always seems to be more girly classes!

I could happily take almost any class offered! Last year in Hartford, I went to the Saturday night crop and finished several class projects. We were 4 at a big round table, and it wasn't bad at all. There weren't many vendors, no bargains, and no food or drink unless you brought your own. The most annoying thing was the woman running the crop - her mouth was going practically 100% of the time on the mike -and her supid "not scrapbook related" game. I still keep in contact with one of my tablemates.

I just noticed something. The main page says registration is January 30, but then when you click here: http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/manchester/registration.html
it says January 27. Also they have started a facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=365411890513&ref=nf
which also says Jan 27.

Registration has ALWAYS been on a Wed so I'm sure that must be the more accurate one. But you should probably watch that main page just to be sure.

Don't want anyone to miss out!!

What are people thinking for classes? I'm still narrowing down - my only definite choices are :
Fri 1:50-2:50 - Disney Magic and
Sat 1:50 - 2:50 - 8 Page Round Up

I'm also looking at a lot of the Simplicraft classes, and I know I want at least 1 card class. I have 13 possible ones on my list at the moment, so I have to really get cracking this week to narrow down!

I have 7 right now - but some of those classes are at multiple times, so I need to figure out what I really want to take and what I can afford... :eek:

I have 3 possibly 4 boxer palooza friday am, the great outdoors sat am and 101 for boys sat pm, then the 1 i'm on the fence is more 7 minute cards. there are others but I think I'm going to stay with those.

This is what I have so far:

So this is what I have down for my tentative schedule:
Friday:
11:10-12:10 - Live in the Moment
1:50-2:50 - Disney Magic
3:10-4:10 - Friends through Thick and Thin

Saturday:
8:30-9:30 - Delightfully Easy Techniques for Dazzling Scrapbook Pages
9:50-10:50 - Top Techniques for Tantalizing Cards
12:30-1:30 - Double the Fun in Half the Time
3:10-4:10 - A Little Goes a Long Way – Patterned Paper
4:30-5:30 - 12 All Occasion Cards with Acrylic Stamp Set (???)

My last class each day is currently on the chopping block. The Saturday class will be the first to go ...

6 Pages in 60 Minutes was awful last year, just a heads up... maybe it was the teacher, maybe it was that they make us share a pack of embellishments... but I didn't like it.

GCD Studios was not our favorite sponsor by any means.

Alright, my schedule right now is:

Friday:

8:30-9:30 - Creative Color Combinations (Piggy Tales)
9:50-10:50 (or 11:10-12:10) - 2010 Latest & Greatest with Basic Grey (embellish IT!)
1:50-2:50 - Disney Magic (Lickety Split Scrapbooks)

Saturday:
9:50-10:50 - Boxer Palooza 2010 (Boxer)
11:10-12:10- Trendy Techniques for Handmade Embellishments (Piggy Tales)
3:10-4:10 - A Little Goes a Long Way – Patterned Paper (maybe?)

I am considering getting rid of Boxer Palooza and the Disney one - are the Lickey Split kits really, really great? Or is it something I could scraplift if my mom was the only one to take it?

Danica I bought a bunch of the Licky Splits kits last year at their booth, they look pretty darn easy to put together. That's my plan for cropping in the rooms if we all get together, if we don't i'm still doing them.

I'd thought about doing the Boxer on sat am but they have coupons for the booth so I bumped it back to friday. I'm hoping it will be a great class as it looks it on the description.

The lickety split stuff is easy to do and wouldn't be to hard to copy but many times they use cool papers and such that they buy exclusively. If you want the kit it is cheaper to take the class than buy it at the booth the last time I priced it. Even if you just go to class and pick up the kit to do on your own later.

Rebecca

Lickety Split classes are some of my favorites, especially their mini books.

Thanks for the tip on 60 minutes - I knew that GCD did that crappy card class last year but I was hoping the layouts would be better. Now I'll cross that one off my list.

I really liked the Lickety Split Disney class last year, but it probably is something you could duplicate if your Mom takes it. Very Cricut-able. You can see last year's layouts on their website:
3disneypk.jpg

NEE, do you mean Lickety Split's website or CK's?

Okay so since I've never done the classes could someone share hints to the whole process. I seem to remember reading that someone said they registered for their friends. Is that always an option like mom could start the both of ours at 1? how does that work? I don't get out of work till 1 and home about 1:15 so there are a few of my classes that are only offered once and so I don't what to loose out on them.

NEE, do you mean Lickety Split's website or CK's?

Lickety Split's website.

Okay so since I've never done the classes could someone share hints to the whole process. I seem to remember reading that someone said they registered for their friends. Is that always an option like mom could start the both of ours at 1? how does that work? I don't get out of work till 1 and home about 1:15 so there are a few of my classes that are only offered once and so I don't what to loose out on them.

Yes - your mom would be able to register both of you. calanniebu can answer the specifics because she was kind enough to register for me last year and will do so again as I'll be working on registration day. She is the best. :flower3:

Yes - your mom would be able to register both of you. calanniebu can answer the specifics because she was kind enough to register for me last year and will do so again as I'll be working on registration day. She is the best. :flower3:

Thanks NEE :-)

I can't remember the specifics but I remember it being very easy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter