Who's going - CKC Manchester?

me :yay::yay:
I still don't know about the friday yet cause of the new job really need to find out shortly on that one.
I had originally planned on thurs night for the crop friday to shop and hang out and maybe a class and then sat being the bulk of the classes. Since that's all in the air i'm on pins and needles. We have to go home on sat pm cause M&D's anni is the next day.

I would love to. It would be fun to meet some dis scrappers, but if all goes as planned we will be in Disney that week. My son is traveling with his school orchestra to play at MK that week and we are going to go and watch them. The hotel that CK is at is only about 20 mins from my house...maybe next year.

Vickey

The Peepmobile will be going up for Saturday!! :)

TB, Z2H, and I are going along with another (non-DIS) friend on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks, NEE - good to know about when the class schedules are going up. We "boarded the boat" last year too late for some of the classes, so want to be on top of things this year. And, we got into the Radisson this time, and aren't off site. :cheer2:

What are the dates? I'll probably just go to say hi on Saturday, depends on Princess' dance schedule.

Jennifer, let me know if you want the Peepmobile to pick you up somewhere.

Okay! Does anyone know when it is? I seem to remember seeing a post about it awhile ago, but can't remember the dates.

they changed it this year I believe it is april 30 and may 1 I'll go check and If I'm wrong I'll let you know.

Okay, assuming softball isn't on Saturdays, DH should be able to take Princess to dance. So, I'll probably come up for a hi :)

I've got to get with mom so we can book the hotel in the next week or so. I also need to look back at last years classes and start and envelope for this weekend.
all of you coming for the day are coming up on SAT right?

If I go, it won't be for the day, it's a 4+ hour drive. If my friend from here goes, we'll be there friday night and leave for home on Saturday. If I go alone, I'd like to go on Wednesday for the Thursday all day class, but that's a lot of nights in the hotel.

Pam what classes are you all looking at? (assuming they are the same as last year?) and what ones did you do that weren't worth it.

this will be our first year of classes so we really would like some feedback from anyone who's done them.

Now to figure out after how long I've been on the job I dare ask for a day off.

Pam what classes are you all looking at? (assuming they are the same as last year?) and what ones did you do that weren't worth it.

this will be our first year of classes so we really would like some feedback from anyone who's done them.

Now to figure out after how long I've been on the job I dare ask for a day off.

Last year, we all loved the Queen and Co. Disney page class and the 7-Minute Cards class by Boxer and really liked the Technique Tuesday cardmaking/stamping class. Absolutely would take other classes by these three any time.

The Photos First class was good - but REALLY took hours of prep work here at home before the convention to get the necessary photos and crop them to the sizes needed for the class. The class was helpful, though, as I really hadn't done collage-type pages before. So, liked it, but wouldn't do it again.

Hated the Set for a Year class by Helix - didn't like the Scor-Pal type of device (a real Scor-Pal would have been great - but this was a pretender) and the instructor sped through the session and we couldn't keep up.

Hope this helps, but do get input from others who were there - we're newbies, so our viewpoint may be a bit different from more experienced scrappers.

I'll have to look over the program from last year (think I saved it) and or this year's online listings to see what else we might be interested in this time. I really wanted to do the flocking class last year but couldn't talk my buds into it - or maybe it was already full....can't remember.

Yes, as said before the dates are April 30 and May 1. Homepage is here: http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/manchester/index.html
(Note, right now if you click on "Classes" it's a broken link - it brings you to Mesa - hopefully that will be fixed soon. Bookmark this in case they don't: http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/manchester/classroom.html)

I'm going up with a group of about 5 of us, most of us will probably stay over Friday night. I always take the day off to be able to go Friday too.

Pam what classes are you all looking at? (assuming they are the same as last year?)

They won't be the same as last year. There will be a lot of the same companies that sponsor classes from year to year, but the classes themselves will be totally different. I do tend to sign up for classes from the same sponsors I've liked in the past.

You can get an idea for what Manchester classes will be by looking at the list for CKCs earlier in the year (like St Louis listed here: http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Agenda.aspx?e=0fc8ed66-04e7-45e4-b2d6-77c8655c86ea) Don't get your heart set on any one class, but usually a high percentage will be the same.

:-) NEE, Disneynut14, MichellePooh, Schenlski and I will all be there this year!!! :-) We also have rooms at the Raddison as well :D

How early do they normally post the classes? The closest one to me is in Charlotte, NC and is always on my birthday weekend, so I've never been. I checked online and registration starts April 28.

For those who have been, what are your "must dos" as far as classes and how much are the classes? I would love any advice or information you can give me.

Thanks!

I am going up in the new decked out peep mobile. :thumbsup2 At least I think I am. :confused3:lmao: Going up on Saturday for shopping and peep time! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter