What is your biggest pet peeve in general

Drivers we all love to hate:
1. The turn in front of you guy. You know him. The road is wide open behind you. But he has to turn in front of you. And what does he do afterwards? Lollygags. If you're going to turn in front of me at least have the common courtesy of putting your foot into it!!!
2. The stop and let everyone who doesn't have right of way go guy. Listen bub. I know you want to be nice and all, but suddenly stopping for no reason other than to waive someone turning left through (who usually then gets crashed into by drivers in the right lane who never saw him) is counter productive.
3. Grannie. You know her. She's the one driving 40 in the left lane on the freeway cursiing all the whippersnappers for driving too fast (55)
4. The I'm gonna pass the guy in the right lane at 0.00001 mph faster guy. You know him. Inevitably on a two lane freeway, He pulls out into the left lane because he's going barely faster than the guy in the right lane and backs up traffic for a mile behind him as he takes 10 minutes to make his pass. Get your passing done folks. Don't lollygag.
5. Tailgate Timmie. You know ole Timmie. He's the guy on the freeway that can't drive in his own space. He speeds up until he's right behind someone at Nascar bump draft distance, and then when he decides to go around, he quickly moves up to the next one. Oh but if you think you're concerned when he's behind you, think about how terrified his passenger might feel (in addition to wanting to puke because Tailgate timmie knows only accel brake). Coasting or let er drift isn't in his vocabulary.
6. The I'm disconnecting my emissions equipment because I hate the Gubment guy. You know him. You've gagged behind him on several occasions. Oh and just as an aside, that pick em up truck has never been off the road and hasn't hauled anything either. He bought it to stick it to the emissions standards new world order.
7. The one more one more one more guy. You know him. He's the fifth guy in a row through the red light. Oh and then he can't make it all the way through so he blocks the intersection too. Nice.
8. Car key Cathy. You've seen her. She's the one hawking for the closest spot by the store for 15 minutes despite 20 spots being available 1/3 of the way up the aisle. Oh and when you were going to pull into one and there was an empty one close, and thought yourself lucky? No. You thought wrong. You were unlucky because Car key Cathy was on the prowl behind you and that spot belonged to her. And either A, your car gets vandalized or B, Cathy weaves a tapestry of curses that will hover over that store 20 years from now. Cathy's kids are pretty much slinking away from the embarrassment as fast as they can too. Nice.
9. Road Rage Roy. Oh yes. Roy can't live until he's flipped someone off for the slightest transgression or worse, cut them off and brake checked them or the like. He frequently hops out of his car at stop lights just to bang on other cars and curse people. Roy only knows escalation. Deescalation is not in his vocabulary. And if anyone tries to do so, Roy only gets worse.

People who don't read things, don't meet deadlines, don't keep track of their obligations, then want special treatment to fix their lack of attention.

No, you can't turn in your permission slip and money for the field trip a week after the deadline because you forgot to turn it in on time. We sent it home weeks ago. We sent email reminders to the whole class. We posted colorful notes on the classroom door to remind you. We even mentioned it to you personally two days before it was due. And no, we can't "squeeze you and your child in anyway." We had to give the headcount to the transportation manager already. She scheduled our bus based on the number of kids, parents and staff in our headcount. We were informed that she will be sending us the small bus, and that we have met the occupancy limit exactly. You are welcome to drive your child and meet us at the destination, but it is too late to get on the bus. No, we can't schedule a bigger bus. Every bus in the district is being used that day for other field trips or regular bus routes. No, we cannot have our staff members drive themselves to make room for you and your child. We have kids coming on the trip without parents. Our staff members are needed on the bus to supervise them and ensure their safety. Your child will throw a tantrum when he sees the other kids going on the bus? Yes, we know your child very well and he probably will throw a tantrum. We are sympathetic to your plight, but when you didn't turn in your money or permission slip after many reminders, we could only assume that you and your child would not be attending the trip. It is optional and not every family chose to attend. No, a staff member cannot put your child in their lap while you drive yourself. The driver will not allow lap sitting. You can come that morning and wait to see if someone else doesn't show up. That sometimes happens. But if the bus fills up, you'll have to drive. Maybe this won't happen the next time? Not necessarily. We take four field trips each year and have had this same scenario multiple times with the same parents!

Drivers we all love to hate:
1. The turn in front of you guy. You know him. The road is wide open behind you. But he has to turn in front of you. And what does he do afterwards? Lollygags. If you're going to turn in front of me at least have the common courtesy of putting your foot into it!!!
2. The stop and let everyone who doesn't have right of way go guy. Listen bub. I know you want to be nice and all, but suddenly stopping for no reason other than to waive someone turning left through (who usually then gets crashed into by drivers in the right lane who never saw him) is counter productive.
3. Grannie. You know her. She's the one driving 40 in the left lane on the freeway cursiing all the whippersnappers for driving too fast (55)
4. The I'm gonna pass the guy in the right lane at 0.00001 mph faster guy. You know him. Inevitably on a two lane freeway, He pulls out into the left lane because he's going barely faster than the guy in the right lane and backs up traffic for a mile behind him as he takes 10 minutes to make his pass. Get your passing done folks. Don't lollygag.
5. Tailgate Timmie. You know ole Timmie. He's the guy on the freeway that can't drive in his own space. He speeds up until he's right behind someone at Nascar bump draft distance, and then when he decides to go around, he quickly moves up to the next one. Oh but if you think you're concerned when he's behind you, think about how terrified his passenger might feel (in addition to wanting to puke because Tailgate timmie knows only accel brake). Coasting or let er drift isn't in his vocabulary.
6. The I'm disconnecting my emissions equipment because I hate the Gubment guy. You know him. You've gagged behind him on several occasions. Oh and just as an aside, that pick em up truck has never been off the road and hasn't hauled anything either. He bought it to stick it to the emissions standards new world order.
7. The one more one more one more guy. You know him. He's the fifth guy in a row through the red light. Oh and then he can't make it all the way through so he blocks the intersection too. Nice.
8. Car key Cathy. You've seen her. She's the one hawking for the closest spot by the store for 15 minutes despite 20 spots being available 1/3 of the way up the aisle. Oh and when you were going to pull into one and there was an empty one close, and thought yourself lucky? No. You thought wrong. You were unlucky because Car key Cathy was on the prowl behind you and that spot belonged to her. And either A, your car gets vandalized or B, Cathy weaves a tapestry of curses that will hover over that store 20 years from now. Cathy's kids are pretty much slinking away from the embarrassment as fast as they can too. Nice.
9. Road Rage Roy. Oh yes. Roy can't live until he's flipped someone off for the slightest transgression or worse, cut them off and brake checked them or the like. He frequently hops out of his car at stop lights just to bang on other cars and curse people. Roy only knows escalation. Deescalation is not in his vocabulary. And if anyone tries to do so, Roy only gets worse.

:rotfl2:
I have LOTS of driving peeves, especially #5 and #7! And I have LOTS of grammar peeves. Biggest one of those right now is when people type out "should of" or "could of". I realize that's how should've and could've sound, but it's "should have" or "could have". :rolleyes2

Biggest pet peeves:

• liars
  • people who interrupt all the time when others are talking
  • passive-aggressive & manipulative people
  • Special snowflakes of all ages who act like rules are just general guidelines that never apply to them.

How about stores ( STORES!) that label it the STATIONARY section and have STATIONARY on sale. You know, write to your grandma or send someone a greeting card from our STATIONARY department. It's in their ads that way too.

..... nail on chalk boards...... It's STATIONERY!!!!! Paper has an "e, r" in it and the word stationery has an " e, r" in it. easy to remember....

People who don't put their shopping cart in the corral or back at the store (if there is no corral). If you leave your cart loose in the parking lot, I'm taking to you.

Yes! I park far away from others. I came out of the store one day to find a shopping cart smack up against my new car. It left a nice dent and a long scratch mark. Lazy people! >:(

Nothing like sone black magic and husband wife problems to liven up the CB :crazy:
What'd I miss??

Pet Peeve? Definitely has to be poorly designed product packaging. Oh Lord, if I could just get through a single day without having to use my teeth to gnaw something open or throw away a 1/4 of a bottle of something that the pump dispenser won't suck up or dump part of a packet of something on the floor because the zip-top looked like it was zipped and wasn't, or splash a bottled beverage all over myself because the bottle is so flimsy it collapses when you pick it up or lose all the delicious meat juices from my rotisserie chicken because the heat lamp melted a hole in the package, or have to get a pair of scissors to open the package of a pair of scissors...I could really rant away about this all night...:furious:

Last edited:

I think the key word you missed here is overcompensation... ;)

What'd I miss??

Pet Peeve? Definitely has to be poorly designed product packaging. Oh Lord, if I could just get through a single day without having to use my teeth to gnaw something open or throw away a 1/4 of a bottle of something that the pump dispenser won't suck up or dump part of a packet of something on the floor because the zip-top looked like it was zipped and wasn't, or splash a bottled beverage all over myself because the bottle is so flimsy it collapses when you pick it up or lose all the delicious meat juices from my rotisserie chicken because the heat lamp melted a hole in the package, or have to get a pair of scissors to open the package of a pair of scissors...I could really rant away about this all night...:furious:
The spammers were very busy last night lol

shoot - I already answered ( twice) but I just thought of one that my friends and I were talking about today.

Friends or neighbors that start a new from home business and try to sell you something EVERY STINKING TIME you talk to them. I've really lost two friends over this. Nice women who I did enjoy being friends with until we couldn't have a 5 minute conversation without them trying to sell me something. If I wasn't interested yesterday when I was outside watering flowers, what makes you think I am today while I'm sweeping my porch? And when you invite ladies in the neighborhood over for game night to play cards, and we all bring food for a potluck..... oh wait.... it's so you can give a 15 minute sales pitch about your products before we play cards....

shoot - I already answered ( twice) but I just thought of one that my friends and I were talking about today.

Friends or neighbors that start a new from home business and try to sell you something EVERY STINKING TIME you talk to them. I've really lost two friends over this. Nice women who I did enjoy being friends with until we couldn't have a 5 minute conversation without them trying to sell me something. If I wasn't interested yesterday when I was outside watering flowers, what makes you think I am today while I'm sweeping my porch? And when you invite ladies in the neighborhood over for game night to play cards, and we all bring food for a potluck..... oh wait.... it's so you can give a 15 minute sales pitch about your products before we play cards....

My aunt was so guilty of this juice plus anyone and she was try to get me to sell it to teachers problem was I was and still am just a volunteer. Talk about inappropriate

Way of topic but the thread is active why does our home smell like bleach when we have not used it today dh smells it too so not just me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter