What decadent thing have you been eating way too much of lately?

A friend taught me a Chinese style pork belly recipe, although it takes about two hours of cooking time. It also requires pork belly complete with skin. Look up "red braised pork belly" for some suggestions.

I'm thinking of looking up some different recipe. I saw a southern style with collard greens.

There's a food truck called Bacon Bacon that does the rounds around here. They have a pork belly sandwich. I haven't tried their chocolate covered bacon though.

I've had a pork belly banh mi sandwich from a local Vietnamese place. It's so good!

I've had a pork belly banh mi sandwich from a local Vietnamese place. It's so good!

Is that more caramelized?

The Chinese style pork belly is more soy sauce based, where it's covered and slowly braised. When the meat is tender enough the liquid is reduced. There are a bunch of different recipes, but mostly it's half regular soy sauce, half dark soy sauce, sugar (I prefer brown), cooking wine, and rice vinegar. Star anise is optional, but I prefer the flavor. And ginger and green onions. If it's done just right it looks kind of like this:

P1070286.JPG

There are literally hundreds of variations. This one has a cinnamon stick in it. There can be chili peppers. I'll do the latter but haven't tried cinnamon yet. I don't even know if it's necessarily decadent, but I was thinking the OP was referring to something that may be kind of unhealthy. It's actually considered peasant food, but if done right it's just so good. Same with oxtail.

My decadent splurge hasn't been too bad - I've been eating a lot of ice cream but it's Halo Top or Enlightened so there's minimal guilt.

Sour Starburst - leftover from my DD's graduation party. I wouldn't really call them decadent, but definitely something I shouldn't be eating!

Marshmallows, right it of the bag, ever since I discovered Wegman's carries kosher vegetarian marshmallows.

Hostess chocolate-covered Donettes. I could eat a whole bag at one sitting if I didn't try to limit myself.
Man, I haven't had those since I was a kid. My parents would by a variety of the six pack sleeves (chocolate covered, powdered sugar and those cinnamon coconut ones) on their way home from work in the morning for our breakfast. The cinnamon coconut ones were my favorite. Lucky for me my sibs hated them and would fight over the powered sugar and chocolate.

Nanaimo bars. I made a 9x13 pan for our Canada Day celebration yesterday and three were missing from the platter before I even got them served at dessert time!

Omg, everything!!

I started a new job a while back and it's been very hectic, so we've been eating out a lot, plus my new coworkers LOVE to eat. They have a "National ** Day" calander on the wall aND everytime it's pizza day, or taco day, or hot fudge sundae day, we get food.

Oh, and whenever oreo or Lays comes out with a new flavor, we need to try them out lol

There's ALWAYS food!!!

And it's birthday week in my house so we've had cake about 4 times this week. I'm stuffed!

I'm typically a pretty healthy eater, but I've been having an affair with fried food this week. Specifically, fried jalapeno coins at Red Robin (alongside their fried cheese curds), and the cheddar peppers at Sonic...ranch on the side obviously required. I need to stop, but they're just so good! lol

everything in site lol! Ever since my dh went to the afternoon shift I have been eating my sadness in food! I have to stop but I am addicted to Lays chips and sugar......I got on the scale and am up 7 lbs so the eating stops today. It's a sad, sad day at my house lol!

Ice cream and CANDY Buy 5 get 5 free who can past that up!

Tart Cherry Margaritas- I do use a lot of frozen Tart Cherries!

Double chocolate Coca Cola cake. I made one and loved it so then I made another to use up more of the buttermilk. So, then I figured I'd make one for work to use up more of the buttermilk and oh look there was enough buttermilk to make another one.

Mayonnaise

It's been so hot here I've been making a lot of chicken salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, and cole slaw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter