What decadent thing have you been eating way too much of lately?

peppermint patty type candy (York PP knock off). I buy a box thinking it will last a month, it lasts less than a week. sigh.........

Ice cream. When it gets hot I crave ice cream - shakes, sundaes, cones, pints. What helps are the tiny containers of Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dasz sold by some of the grocery stores.
Dryer's Slow Churned has a limited edition flavor out right now called Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It is SO good. They don't make the limited editions in the little cups though so I have to be careful with my servings or things could go really bad, really fast with this stuff, lol.

We ate a Mickey Bar everyday for five days running in Disneyland last week.

Before those two I was on an ice cream sandwich kick, my favorite being Target's Market Pantry Triple Chocolate.

See a pattern here?

The Reese's peanut butter cups with the Reese's Pieces inside. Has to be the king size. They are beyond addicting!

Dryer's Slow Churned has a limited edition flavor out right now called Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It is SO good. They don't make the limited editions in the little cups though so I have to be careful with my servings or things could go really bad, really fast with this stuff, lol.

The limited editions I missed were Dreyer's Girl Scout Cookie flavors. I guess Nestle got outbid by Breyer's. And I've tried them and I don't like theirs.

The limited editions I missed were Dreyer's Girl Scout Cookie flavors. I guess Nestle got outbid by Breyer's. And I've tried them and I don't like theirs.
My DD likes the Mint Cookie Crunch, have you tried that?

Everything!!! Currently in Europe...my favorites so far are beef carpacio, I have had it 3 times now!! Brats in Germany and more pretzels than I can count. The coffee with the cream whipped was off the charts in Austria. Lastly, headed to London in a few days. We will probably try many fish and chips. Any suggestions?
Fish and chips isn't very authentic in London as it's not on the coast. You'd be better taking a day trip to Brighton or another costal town. I'm from Scotland and where I'm from we have amazing "chippy chips" I moved to London 3 years ago and I was craving chip shop chips. Never been so disappointed. They were just not chippy chips :p

London has amazing amazing food though, from all around the world. I'd recommend going to Camden market and going round all the food stalls!

This is the most tempting thing I've seen so far. We love pork belly. Do you have a recipe you'd be willing to share?

A friend taught me a Chinese style pork belly recipe, although it takes about two hours of cooking time. It also requires pork belly complete with skin. Look up "red braised pork belly" for some suggestions.

I'm thinking of looking up some different recipe. I saw a southern style with collard greens.

There's a food truck called Bacon Bacon that does the rounds around here. They have a pork belly sandwich. I haven't tried their chocolate covered bacon though.

Fried food. Places have been doing the 4th early and everyone seems to have food trucks. Had a corn dog and an elephant ear tonight. It was awhile since I had either of them and it will be awhile before I have them again! They were so good. Nothing to settle my nerves like fried food, its my comfort food!

A friend taught me a Chinese style pork belly recipe, although it takes about two hours of cooking time. It also requires pork belly complete with skin. Look up "red braised pork belly" for some suggestions.

I'm thinking of looking up some different recipe. I saw a southern style with collard greens.

There's a food truck called Bacon Bacon that does the rounds around here. They have a pork belly sandwich. I haven't tried their chocolate covered bacon though.
Thanks. I'll look for that.

We have a restaurant near here http://thetipsyboar.com/menu.html that has fantastic pork belly sliders. If the traffic wasn't so bad, we'd order those for takeout once a week.

:blush: Ice cream for me too. We recently spent time in the Med and gelatto quickly became a state of mind. I've had an ice cream cone every.single.day. since we've been home and I've got 3lbs extra pounds to prove it.

Bacon and gouda guacamole....oh, so, yummy!!!!!

I tell myself it's healthy since it is green....:D

I am trying to try the food trucks in SF. Hmmmm, bacon bacon, I can only imagine the smell....

I am trying to try the food trucks in SF. Hmmmm, bacon bacon, I can only imagine the smell....

They had a restaurant (I think it was also where they did their prep work for their trucks) that closed temporarily because neighbors complained about the smell. They reopened, but I believe they later moved to a location with a lower chance of complaints.

http://www.today.com/food/back-frying-pan-bacon-restaurant-reopen-after-controversy-6C10614690

Bacon-Bacon-You-Had-Me-At-Bacon-T-Shirt-Front-2.jpg

I take it you like your sous vide. I have had 2 dreams that I had one and loved using it. Its pretty sad when you dream about kitchen supplies!!! Do you use it often and can you recommend a good one.

We have the anova one that attaches to a big stock pot. Your other option is to do a reverse sear with placing your steaks in a low temp oven (200 degrees) till they get to the internal temp you want and then sear them on a hot cast iron pan. Kenji from serious eats has a whole post about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter