UPDATED: Ultimate park hop - 6 parks in one day - WE DID IT!

OP, I had a quick thought about your DCA ride. If your kids are old enough for this you guys could try the single rider line at Radiator Springs Racers. On our DL trip the wait time was posted over an hour long, we hopped into the single rider line and were on the ride in about 10 minutes.

It seems like a six park challenge involving the four WDW parks and the two Universal parks seems a bit more reasonable. Maybe, seven if you include Sea World. Unless you live in Southern California and are returning home your plan seems just a little too 1% ish.

Wow, just wow. Not even sure how to respond.

No, we're not hurting financially. But we're not crazy rich either. We busted our butts in college / grad school, got good jobs, and continue to bust our butts in the real world. We love Disney and we prioritize our disposable income on trips. We are doing both FL and CA because I got us cheap flights. We are flying from PHL to MCO for $24 per person. $24. Twenty-four. I've spent more on breakfast. We are flying from MCO to LAX for $88 per person. Across the whole dang country for $88. And then LAX back to PHL for $165 each. So $277 for three flights, including two cross-country, direct flights. So actually, since we don't have APs for Universal or Sea World, we'd have to buy tickets. I'm pretty sure that would cost the same, if not more.

Really? That's a pretty rude comment. This is just for fun and I think everyone here on the thread agrees. Besides the whole Disney parks concept is pretty much a privilege. I personally am very amused at the whole attempt!

Thank you :)

We didn't book this trip in order to do this challenge. We booked this trip because we love both WDW and DL and I found cheap flights that just so happened to make this a possibility. :)

I am just seeing this and I am rooting for you to get it done! I love this idea!

We have done all 4 WDW parks in one day and it was really fun. But this is taking it to a whole new level! Love it and good luck!

Thank you! We leave to start this adventure in one week! SO excited!

OP, I had a quick thought about your DCA ride. If your kids are old enough for this you guys could try the single rider line at Radiator Springs Racers. On our DL trip the wait time was posted over an hour long, we hopped into the single rider line and were on the ride in about 10 minutes.

Nice! They are definitely old enough and RSR is one of our favorites!!

It's getting closer, the anticipation is killing me!

I am rooting for you guys: No delays, no lines, no H (can't say it since it's the season) to close the park or airport...ack...

This is fun! Ok it would stress me out but it's fun to witness someone try!

Nice! They are definitely old enough and RSR is one of our favorites!!
I was thinking you should try to ride things that have photos so you can have even more proof! You'll have 7DMT (do they do photos during EMM?), Dinosaur, and maybe ToT and Test Track. Then at DCA you can do RSR. At DLR maybe Buzz? Probably wouldn't want to get all the way to Splash and Space may be too long even at park close.

No, we're not hurting financially. But we're not crazy rich either. We busted our butts in college / grad school, got good jobs, and continue to bust our butts in the real world. We love Disney and we prioritize our disposable income on trips. We are doing both FL and CA because I got us cheap flights. We are flying from PHL to MCO for $24 per person. $24. Twenty-four. I've spent more on breakfast. We are flying from MCO to LAX for $88 per person. Across the whole dang country for $88. And then LAX back to PHL for $165 each. So $277 for three flights, including two cross-country, direct flights. So actually, since we don't have APs for Universal or Sea World, we'd have to buy tickets. I'm pretty sure that would cost the same, if not more.
Love those ticket prices!

What airline?

We live on the west coast and if I could find those prices I would go to DW once a month!

It's getting closer, the anticipation is killing me!

I am rooting for you guys: No delays, no lines, no H (can't say it since it's the season) to close the park or airport...ack...

This is fun! Ok it would stress me out but it's fun to witness someone try!

Thank you! Definitely hoping the H word stays away. Not just for this, but overall. My daughter has really bad anxiety and storms are a major trigger for her.

Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found this thread before your adventure! You are my new idol. Have an absolutely fantastic day. I can't wait to read all about it.

Love those ticket prices!

What airline?

We live on the west coast and if I could find those prices I would go to DW once a month!

Frontier for the first two legs and Virgin/Alaska for the last one. People on the DIS complain a lot about Frontier, but they do have really good deals. You just have to know what you're getting in to!!

Take Uber, that is what we use. I don't like having to wait for the bus and then having to wait some more until the buses filled up.
Use code zoec4268ue
This will get you a free ride worth up to $20.

Absolutely. Assuming Minnie vans aren't fully rolled out, Uber is the only way to pull this off!

Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found this thread before your adventure! You are my new idol. Have an absolutely fantastic day. I can't wait to read all about it.

Thank you!! Even if it doesn't work out, I'm just so excited to try! Plus lots of Disney!!

Yes my comment was mean spirited and unnecessary, my apologies.

Yes my comment was mean spirited and unnecessary, my apologies.

Thank you :) No hard feelings. I think I am particularly sensitive to things like that because my extended family does not understand the love for Disney and often makes snarky comments about how much money we spend there, despite the fact that they all spend lots of money on things I think are dumb, like NASCAR, collecting vintage sewing machines, etc. To each their own, right? :)

So I learned something on a FP+ thread here yesterday that I think will help tremendously. Apparently, after we tap in to use our one prebooked FP+ at Animal Kingdom, we will be able to schedule 2 more FPs right away (to make up the initial 3 we're allotted) and can do one for DHS and one for EPCOT! My mind was blown! I had no idea FP+ could work that way. This could make it a lot easier to get an attraction done in all 4 parks!

We still are aiming to ride a unique attraction (something that the other coast doesn't have) and take a photo with the park icon in each park. With that information, and other changes to date, our plan is looking like this:
  • Early in the morning, pack the rental car up with all our stuff (carry-on only because we are shipping our luggage to CA, and our FL stuff back home to make this easier) and park it in the EPCOT parking lot so we can head straight to MCO when we're done
  • Take an Uber to the Contemporary and then walk to MK in advance of the 7:45 am start of EMM
  • When EMM opens, ride 7DMT and take a photo in front of the castle
  • Walk back to the Contemporary to grab an Uber to Animal Kingdom (theoretically in time for rope drop at 9:00 am)
  • Use scheduled FP+ on Na'vi River Journey (and as soon as we tap in, grab 2 more FPs, something like RnRC from 9:30-10:30 and Spaceship Earth from 10:30-11:30 if possible) and take a photo in front of the Tree of Life
  • Take an Uber to DHS
  • Use whatever FP we were able to obtain at DHS and take a photo in front of the Chinese Theater
  • Walk to EPCOT (? - seems like it would be faster than waiting for an Uber)
  • Use whatever FP we were able to obtain at EPCOT and take a photo in front of Spaceship Earth
  • Head to MCO and fly to LA
  • Land at LAX and take private Super Shuttle to Grand Californian
  • Ditch our carry-ons with Bell Services and head into DCA before it closes at 8:00 pm
  • Get in line to ride something (maybe something in Bugs Land if time is crunched, or ideally single-rider at RSR) and take a photo in front of Cars Land or the Fun Wheel (what is the DCA icon anyway?)
  • Hop over to Disneyland before it closes at 9:00 pm
  • Get in line to ride something (maybe something in Fantasyland, like Alice or Mr. Toad) and take a photo in front of the castle
We may have to alter the objective on the fly, like if we have to ride Toy Story or Star Tours at DHS, we will just do an attraction at each park and drop the unique to that coast requirement. Or if time is super crunched, maybe we just take a photo in each park and skip riding an attraction. We'll just have to adjust as necessary because there are so many factors at play.

Things I'm wondering now:
  • What time does the EPCOT parking lot open? Would we be able to park there at like 6:30 am?
  • Would we be able to get an Uber to the EPCOT parking lot at that hour?
  • Would it be better to just park at the TTC and take the monorail back there after completing EPCOT?
  • Is walking the fastest way to get from DHS to EPCOT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter