Quick trip to NYC- a few questions

DisneyDebbie

DIS Veteran
I am planning a brief trip to NYC with my husband. I haven't been to NYC in 30 years! We are landing at LGA on a Friday at noon ( will only have a small backpack). I was hoping to Uber to Central Park area - the south side by 1:30ish. Is that realistic? Is it better to Uber partway and then walk the rest?

We are staying at a Hilton on W 57th and is it safe to walk back after a concert at Madison Square Garden? (about 10:30pm)

Thanks for any suggestions or help :)

I'm a local.

Yes, that's realistic, it should only take about 40 minutes. But, keep in mind that flights into LGA are often delayed.

As far as safety, I pretty much never feel unsafe here, and I've been on the subway/walked around at all hours of the night. At 10:30pm, most of the theaters will be letting out around that time as well, it's a Friday night, there's going to be a lot of people still on the street. If you walk up 7th avenue, that's the busiest street usually.

I am not a local -- I'm from the midwest and have only been to NYC once (moving my son there for a college internship two summers ago). Our hotel was very close to MSG and we walked back to it after a broadway show. (And from several other places also at night). I honestly felt safer walking around at night in Manhattan than I would walking around downtown in my local Midwestern city at night. There were still LOTS of people around at 10-11pm.

I am local and agree with everything @SPINster wrote.
If it's a nice day and you're not in a rush, I would consider getting dropped off partway to enjoy a walk through Central Park.

I am from CT and frequently go to MSG I would have no concerns about that walk after a concert.

If you have a chase CC I highly recommend seeing if the chase lounge at MSG has space. It’s free to chase CC holders but you need a reservation. They have a bar, free food, uncrowded bathrooms, a free photo both, and if you ask the bartender they will give you free water bottles to take into the concert.

I am from CT and frequently go to MSG I would have no concerns about that walk after a concert.

If you have a chase CC I highly recommend seeing if the chase lounge at MSG has space. It’s free to chase CC holders but you need a reservation. They have a bar, free food, uncrowded bathrooms, a free photo both, and if you ask the bartender they will give you free water bottles to take into the concert.
Wow! Thank you so much, I'll look into that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter