• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

UPDATED: Ultimate park hop - 6 parks in one day - WE DID IT!

I haven't looked into the Minnie Van service too much so I'm not certain, but after 7DMT would MV pick you up right outside the gate at MK, thereby saving the time to walk to CR?

I was always under the impression that you had to book three FP+ in your original park BEFORE you could pick up one from another park. If that's not the case this will sure help with time!

Thank you :) No hard feelings. I think I am particularly sensitive to things like that because my extended family does not understand the love for Disney and often makes snarky comments about how much money we spend there, despite the fact that they all spend lots of money on things I think are dumb, like NASCAR, collecting vintage sewing machines, etc. To each their own, right? :)

Ok first off I just found your tread and love that you are doing this. I am thinking we might have to give a try next year.

I also so understand getting the snarky comments "must be nice going to Disney again" or "oh really another Disney Cruise"....

Sunday I took my mom, her friend and my daughter to a hibachi restaurant and ended up getting seated next to a family that goes there every week. My daughter turned to me and said I wish we could come every week. I said hey kiddo would you rather come here every week or go on lots of trips ? She said of course trips mommy. I said people have to decide what they like to spend their money on and we pick trips.

Good luck on getting to all 6 parks in one day and I will be following along !!

Thank you :) No hard feelings. I think I am particularly sensitive to things like that because my extended family does not understand the love for Disney and often makes snarky comments about how much money we spend there, despite the fact that they all spend lots of money on things I think are dumb, like NASCAR, collecting vintage sewing machines, etc. To each their own, right? :)

I think my response was more rooted in the fact I've started fact finding for our next possible trip and saw the ridiculous increases in park ticket prices. I bought for our last trip in 2016, via Undercover Tourist, seven day park hoppers for $408/each...the price is now $470/each, an increase of 15%! That of course is not your fault and I again apologize.

I was always under the impression that you had to book three FP+ in your original park BEFORE you could pick up one from another park. If that's not the case this will sure help with time!
Nope, once you use your first FP at Park 1, you can book your next two in different parks. The tiering also only applies within the park. So you could end up with a Tier 1 in each park (Navi River Journey, RnRC, Test Track)! It also works even if you have 2 FP+s in Park 1. Once you scan in for the first FP, you can make a third FP+ for Park 2.

We will definitely be using this strategy if we do end up doing our 4-park challenge!

I haven't looked into the Minnie Van service too much so I'm not certain, but after 7DMT would MV pick you up right outside the gate at MK, thereby saving the time to walk to CR?

Minnie vans would be ideal based on the pick-up location but as I understand it, right now only guests of certain resports can use them. I'm really hoping they roll out to everyone by 8/29!

So, yeah, this FP thing amazed me! You only have to use all 3 in the first park if you actually book all 3 in advance. If you only book 1 in advance, then you have some added flexibility same day booking at other parks. Very helpful!!

Ok first off I just found your tread and love that you are doing this. I am thinking we might have to give a try next year.

I also so understand getting the snarky comments "must be nice going to Disney again" or "oh really another Disney Cruise"....

Sunday I took my mom, her friend and my daughter to a hibachi restaurant and ended up getting seated next to a family that goes there every week. My daughter turned to me and said I wish we could come every week. I said hey kiddo would you rather come here every week or go on lots of trips ? She said of course trips mommy. I said people have to decide what they like to spend their money on and we pick trips.

Good luck on getting to all 6 parks in one day and I will be following along !!

Exactly!

Unless you're lucky enough to win the lottery or be some sort of trust fund kid with unlimited resources, you've got to prioritize how you spend the money that you have. Between having different incomes and different priorities, everyone is going to end up spending differently, and that's OK!! I don't want to own an RV and drive around to NASCAR races. Or have 100 different sewing machines! We have our WDW APs and are fortunate to live super close to an airport that frequently has super cheap flights to MCO. :)

I think my response was more rooted in the fact I've started fact finding for our next possible trip and saw the ridiculous increases in park ticket prices. I bought for our last trip in 2016, via Undercover Tourist, seven day park hoppers for $408/each...the price is now $470/each, an increase of 15%! That of course is not your fault and I again apologize.

Yeah, tickets are crazy, especially if you're buying for an entire family. It's a lot of $ to shell out all at once. We've gotten into a pretty lucky cycle for renewing our APs. We spend every Christmas at WDW and have been lucky enough to get the free dining promotion each of the past 5 years. Because of the holiday, we'd be paying rack rate for the hotel regardless. We have to buy park tickets as part of the free dining package but we then just use them towards renewing our APs, which would do anyway. And we get free meals out of the deal.

It's probably the crazy math Disney wants us to do, but as an example, a one day ticket to Six Flags New England is like $70. The 7 day hoppers at $470 are *only* $67 a day and you get access to 4 way superior parks. But it doesn't change the fact that you have to shell out almost $500 per person.

Nope, once you use your first FP at Park 1, you can book your next two in different parks. The tiering also only applies within the park. So you could end up with a Tier 1 in each park (Navi River Journey, RnRC, Test Track)! It also works even if you have 2 FP+s in Park 1. Once you scan in for the first FP, you can make a third FP+ for Park 2.

We will definitely be using this strategy if we do end up doing our 4-park challenge!

My mind was totally blown by this! I thought I knew all the ins and outs of FP+ but I was wrong! I'm just hoping there are still FPs for the times we need available!!!

Many of you have mentioned wanting to follow along on 8/29 when we attempt this. Thank you! I love all the support!!

In order to do this with some level of anonymity intact, I have created a dedicated Facebook page (Ultimate Park Hop) and a unique Twitter handle (ultimateparkhop) that I will update throughout the day. (Please forgive my cheesy, created-in-PowerPoint graphics. I don't know how to use Photoshop or any other better graphics program, so I did the best I could :rotfl2:)

I hope these work the way I think they will! I've never done anything like this before!!

2 days until we leave for Florida!!!!

The suitcase for California is packed and ready to be picked up today. I'm really curious to see how this luggage shipping process works. Right now they've given me a range for cost, so I don't know exactly how much it will be. But there's a chance that it will cost the same as checking a bag with the airline. That would be amazing!

Just a handful of things left to do: finish packing the Florida bags, finish making the kids' autograph books (almost done!), and make a shirt for the park hop day. My husband and kids were not on board with matching t-shirts, but I'm still going to make one for me. Maybe they will change their minds when they see mine! (But probably not!)

It's almost time!!! Today is the big day!

Our bags are packed and our plan is ready. Well, as ready as it can be!

I will try to post updates here throughout the day but Facebook and Twitter will have photos and realtime updates.

We need a lot of luck for luck to pull this off. THINK happy thoughts!

Good Luck OP! I plan on going next year with DD and doing 4 parks 1 day. Would love to do 6 parks 1 day someday.

I'm in SJ and fly out of PHL. I saw those $24 Frontier flights to MCO. Awesome deal!

probably the crazy math Disney wants us to do, but as an example, a one day ticket to Six Flags New England is like $70. The 7 day hoppers at $470 are *only* $67 a day and you get access to 4 way superior parks. But it doesn't change the fact that you have to shell out almost $500 per person.

Don't forget the wow factor. As in WOW, I have arrived at ahem..riverside, and the park isn't open yet there is no soap in the bathrooms and the bathrooms stink like pee!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter