Universal Studios Chat: Volume 5

Oh fly fly: incase you haven't been reading the "drinky" one on the eventually back thread......we're having a Happy Hour on Sunday from 4pm-11pm your time. Jessica is sorting out a menu and also special non-alcoholic cocktails for you and DM!!

LOL cool :)

I can't wait to read your posts when you all get "tipsy" :p Oh the entertainment...!

hee hee!! I'm just hoping Jessica posts it in time for me to stock up on all the ingredients!!!:p

I can't stand high schoolers. :mad:
OK, so 2 girls in yearbookwere very unreliable, so the teacher made me and a couple others take on one of their biggest jobs: The Cover design. It's a beach themed yearbook and they were using pictures off of the internet...but he wanted photos from OUR beaches. So, another girl assigned to the cover and I went to take pictures last minute...used 2 hours of our time to take pictures. Because there aren't any "good shells" we could find on the beach, I had to buy a couple...but they were still real.

So, I spent $6 worth of shells, $16 for one hour photo since I had to get the pictures for the next day (yep...talk about last minute...and this time NOT my fault...:rolleyes: ) and the teacher chose one of the pictures I took.

Now the 2 girls originally assigned to the cover and creating a new one on their own. They took a picture from a different beach and made it today. Then they invite everyone to see it (except the teacher because they told me to say "I love it!!" and pretend THEY didn't create it). They are telling everyone, "You like it better than the ugly sand picture the teacher chose, right??" And saying I used fake, ugly shells, and everything about the picture was negative. So, now, I know I can't make everyone happy, but, I spent over $20 for the cover because SOMEBODY couldn't do their job. Now, they do it after they are told they can't anymore. And I have spent the money for nothing? I'm sorry, but if I did all this, I want one of my pictures used for the yearbook cover...and not just for the background (behind another picture).

Even worse is I'm sitting right there, and they know it and still keep bashing my pictures. :mad: :mad: Talk about trying to rub it in! And I didn't even think the picture was all that bad!!

Sorry, I'm just venting...definitely put a dampener on me today...:(

Class is over in 10 minutes and won't be back on until 2:15 EST. Talk to everyone later!!! :wave:

Ahhh fly fly....don't let them see your frustration.... tell you what...post them up here....I love your Florida Beaches and I collect "Stones"....seriously...I have stones from all over the World.....I'd love to see the pics of shells etc.....

I have a friend coming over this evening but will try and come on before I go to bed to talk to you.

I Pm'd you earlier and it's funny I never knew you posted me one last night. Wish the boxes above would show if you get a PM!!

Anyway.....I have to dash now too....just keep thinking of your next Universal visit and soon....they will be long forgotten!!

Thanks Selina. :)

Oh, and if you go into your User CP, there is an option to get a pop up whenever you get a new PM. :)

Anyway, gotta go to the next class. Talk to you later!

Ghostbusters Show.......

....Men in Black....

...Horror Makeup Show...

...Ghostbusters...(lol)

Wow, it's already working! I've almost forgotten about them!

Hi fly fly......don't take all this too much to heart, I'll try and post occasionally and feel free to include me if you want to - I have no problem with that at all.

I hope you amanged to persuade your mom and dad to let you go to Universal rather than homecoming (though not quite sure what this is, though from what you say about the expense, it sound slike a Grand Ball).

Oops! Sorry Selina, didn't realize you didn't know what Homecing was. :) It i an annual high schhool dance. Yeah, it's a bit costly.This dance is open for all grades, unlike the Junior and Senior Proms where if you not in the certain grade, you must be invited by a person in that grade. Blah blah blah. :)

Anyway, hope you'll occassionally post then! Sure not going to be as interesting without you!! :p :)

Well, Homecoming's biggest event is the American football game. I just got home from ours and OMG...idiots!! We lost 27 to 31! Just to give you an idea...the other team scored a touchdown in the first 15 seconds of the game! And our quarterback couldn't throw worth crap!! Rarely a complete pass. :rolleyes: They didn't give the ball enough to our best player, which I found a bit odd...he's the one who scored the touchdowns we had at all.

With under a minute left, the clock is stopped by an incomplete pass, I believe, and our coach calls time out...our LAST time out!! When the clock was ALREADY stopped! :o Not a good decision....

And...we finally had the ball. 39 seconds left...4th down...our ball...quarterback throws...and....IT'S INTERCEPTED BY THE OTHER TEAM! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

So, it was exciting but a bit disappointing. Wouldn't have been as bad as if our team was playing a bit better.

Anyway, what's new with everyone else? It's been quite quiet...I haven't talk to a few of you in a while...kinda weird....:confused:

I'm home way too early. But that's cuz the teachers let us go after we got our tests graded and all. I got a 98.

And I'm having trouble getting close to 678,000 on MIB. I barely cleared 600k today.

Homecoming.....Oh!!!! The memories!!!! Are you going Fly Fly???

No, I'm not going. We were going to go to Universal tomorrow BUT, we checked the weather and it's 70% chance of rain, and so good chance all, or most, of the GB Shows are cancelled, so my mom wants to wait until we have a nicer day to go (maybe stay the night on October 17 or soemthing). So, I'll be at home doing nothing... :p Except, maybe posting on the DISboards. ;) And wishing I was back at Universal like we were planning...

Flyfly, I'm sure I missed it, but where are you staying for your Sweet 16 @ Universal?

AlexandNessa - I'm staying at Fairfield Inn for November 8 and 9, and staying at the Royal Pacific the night of November 10. :) We couldn't afford to stay 3-nights onsite...so, it was either a shorter trip all onsite, or a longer trip off-site. I made a compromise with my mom...not that I wouldn't have been happy with just staying off-site (GB Show doesn't use FOTL access...:p :p) but, I love the RPH and wanted to stay there again. :)

When are you going to come down, anyway? Congrats...almost time to get your cast off!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Good for you! What a great place to spend your birthday. I remember my Sweet 16 (15 years ago!!!!) was on prom night. I had this awful teal poofy dress -- what a horror to grow up in 80s fashions!

I am really hoping my cast comes off next week. I think I get more X-rays or another CT scan and get the results from those before it can come off. Ick!

I am waiting to look at the Universal "seasons" for next year (value v. reg v. holiday). It'll probably be March or April. I convinced BF to stay 6 nights so we could earn Gold Status in Loew's. I convinced him we'd earn our $ back with perks when we go back in Oct. (Shh -- he doesn't know any better! ;) )

We'd go a little sooner, but Mike picked to spend his 35th birthday on a cruise, so we've got that in January.

That's great AlexandNessa!! :) I'll be renewing my Annual Pass in March (that's when it expires) so, that might work out!! Too bad about January though...I've found that to be the best month to go...if you hate crowds (this year they allowed AP holders get 3 Express passes at a time instead of only one...why? because we didn't even need them!!). But, you'll have to let me know when the dates are set!! :)

Well, I hope you can get that cast off! I'm sure it's no fun!! The closest thing I've had to a cast is fiberglass and an ace bandange...had that for well over a month and then had to go through physical therapy...YUCK!! Was it painful for you to get your first x-ray done...when it first happened? My injury was completely different (and not even an injury to the foot) but the first x-ray was a total -----!!! :eek: Never experienced so much pain before. And were you given morphene (spelling?) for the pain? Did it work? lol...I got EXTRA and it didn't help at all. It only got me sick!! :rolleyes: :p

Yes, I will surely let you know. I just want to avoid their designated holiday weeks. LOL, you remember we hate crowds!

Yes, I'm sure January would be a great time to go. We are really looking forward to our cruise though. UO/Disney trips are ones we take when we want to go/do. Cruises we take to veg on the verandah and eat and drink like fiends! They're so relaxing. Unfortunately, right now I've had it with relaxing since I still can't put any weight on my foot, and all I've done is "relax" since Sept. 7! But hey, a vacation is a vacation, and I'm very happy (and lucky!) to be going anywhere!

Meant to tell you...my foot hurt like the devil. It had turned an awful shade of black and blue and swelled (Looked like a club foot!). I broke it out at sea (we hit a rogue wave), and Mike had to carry me out of the boat and up the dock ramp on his back -- then he dropped me and fell on my foot, which I'm sure didn't help! The x-ray itself didn't hurt. They gave me vicadin, which didn't work for me. I wound up taking 3 Motrin instead, which worked a little better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter