The Bad Mothers' Handbook Pre-Trippy *Updated 13/10 with itinerary*

Great idea having a party to celebrate getting into double digitd.
We love corn bread . Yes it's so easy to make and cook.

A great update. Looks like you all had a fab party.

Where did you get the mickey head sprinkles? They are so cute.

Before I post this, I must say a massive thank you to Susan for all the wonderful cornbread-making hints and tips you have sent me this afternoon - the cornbread was a massive hit in our house (can you believe none of us had ever tried it before) and I am looking forward to trying out some of the ideas you gave me (and some from the link you sent me)

Cornbread

1 3/4 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk

1. Heat oven to 350 F
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add beaten eggs, along with milk and vegetable oil. Use a whisk to stir the mixture, mixing only enough to incorporate all the ingredients.
3. Pour batter into a baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray (I used Fry Light)
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cut into squares when cool.

I really did find this incredibly easy to make - I halved the recipe as I wasn't sure whether anyone other than Nat's family would like it and a lot of my measuring was guesswork as I didn't have a conversion table but it still worked out great.

You're most welcome, Joh. Always glad to share a little down home culture with my friends in the UK--and by culture, I mean food. A little warning, though: Everyone who tries your recipe needs to know that eating cornbread on a regular basis will most likely change your accent just a bit. Don't be surprised to hear yourself elongating vowels and turning a one syllable word into one with two or three (ie. jam=ja-ay-am) and before you know it you'll be dropping final "g"s (goin', ridin', flyin') and calling everyone you meet "y'all." But then, it's all part of that good old down South cornbread culture, y'all.

wow that food looked yummy - and you both look like skinny-minnie hot mama's now ;)

Before I post this, I must say a massive thank you to Susan for all the wonderful cornbread-making hints and tips you have sent me this afternoon - the cornbread was a massive hit in our house (can you believe none of us had ever tried it before) and I am looking forward to trying out some of the ideas you gave me (and some from the link you sent me)

Cornbread

1 3/4 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk

1. Heat oven to 350 F
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add beaten eggs, along with milk and vegetable oil. Use a whisk to stir the mixture, mixing only enough to incorporate all the ingredients.
3. Pour batter into a baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray (I used Fry Light)
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cut into squares when cool.

I really did find this incredibly easy to make - I halved the recipe as I wasn't sure whether anyone other than Nat's family would like it and a lot of my measuring was guesswork as I didn't have a conversion table but it still worked out great.

I am going to try this recipe, it looked yummy in the pic! :)

Great way to celebrate girls.

Joh....can't believe how big Daniel is getting now.

Themed get-togethers have long been a part of our planning repertoire, but it's safe to say you've taken it up a notch or three! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter